Thread: LSI 9260-4i on EVGA 759 classified

LSI 9260-4i on EVGA 759 classified

Hi

This is my first post on this forum and i have been reading this forum (especially in storage/computurd posts on 9260) for a month now, got impressed and purchased LSI-9260-4i today along with 4*intel x25v 40g drive.

I just updated to the latest firmware using mega raid storage manager and its easy to proceed because of you guys posted yr experience. Attached is my hdtune result. I'm yet to install the OS on lsi-9260, I'm still on ICH10R OS with 2*80G intel ssd g1 and playing around this card. Let me know my benchmark is better? I know hdtune is not good for evaluating performance, but just starting with that.
    Also I'm planning to buy fastpath software. Is this one right one for my product?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AKJJGJ0JKT8F1

Anywhere i can see somebody 9260-4i setup configuration, to make sure i have right settings?

Here is my system specs
    System Specs:

Monitor: 22"DELL LCD
    MB: x58 classified E759 (Limited edition)
    CPU: Intel Core i7 920 D0 stepping Stock/3.6Ghz
    Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 120mm SSO CPU Cooler
    RAM: Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 3*2=6G
    GPU: Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 *2 Xfire
    Optical: LG Blu-ray Read/write
    LSI 9260-4i (TESTING ...)
    4*40g Intel x25-v (TESTING.....)

Drive :2*80G Intel SSD x25-m Raid 0 (OS -ICH10R)
    3 * 300GB 10k Raptor Raid0(Data - ICH10R)
    2 * 1TB WD 7200 Raid 0(Data Backup I - Jmicron offline unless backup needs to run)
    WD 1TB esata external drive (Data Backup II - Jmicron esata offline unless backup needs to run)
    X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series
    Logitec Z5500 speakers
    PSU: Corsair HX1000 PSU
    Case: HAF 932
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HDTune_Benchmark_LSI.png 
Views:	557 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	105854  

Xtreme Guru
    big thing that is gonna hurt is the NF200 on that motherboard bro. try putting your card in pci-e slot one and yer gpus on other slots, you will actually get much better latencies as that is the only slot that is non-nf. will suck if you run tri sli though i sold the e759 for a e760 had the exact same prob.
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Quote Originally Posted by Computurd View Post
    big thing that is gonna hurt is the NF200 on that motherboard bro. try putting your card in pci-e slot one and yer gpus on other slots, you will actually get much better latencies as that is the only slot that is non-nf. will suck if you run tri sli though i sold the e759 for a e760 had the exact same prob.

Hi Computurd

You are absolutely right. I just put lsi card on the primary pci slot (non nf200) and it fliessssss. I'm yet to have fastpath installed!! Look at my hdtune output.

I'm going to keep this card there. Luckily i'm just using 4890 crossfire and it sits perfectly on 2&3 and 4 will be empty (hidden by 4890). I have move my pcix1 creative sound card to x1 slot, loosing my NB fan. Hope that should be okie.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HDTune_Benchmark_LSI_on_pci1.png 
Views:	506 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	105865  

Xtreme Guru
    amazing what a difference it makes. acenz needs to read this thread! he is having like issues. NF is totaly the worst thing ever created. gah i hate it! just for comparisons sake you should run everest on it, see what latency you get on teh NF channels Vs. off the NF channels. anyway glad to see its got ya moving a bit, i would strongly recommend you look into a fastpath key. it should help you to receive the absolute best out of your controller, and with those drives, yoiu should be able to get some amazing results! check out the fastpath thread if you havent already, it will help you to make an informed decision. the price v performance might not be for you, but seeing as how your running crossfire on a classified i think UBER is on your mind
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Xtreme Member
    Very nice. Definitely a big difference without the NF200.

Xtreme Member
    i guess on my mobo, the evga 762, I'm screwed, it has two NF200's, also running tri sli with 470's

Xtreme Enthusiast
    amazing what a difference it makes. acenz needs to read this thread! he is having like issues. NF is totaly the worst thing ever created. gah i hate it! just for comparisons sake you should run everest on it, see what latency you get on teh NF channels Vs. off the NF channels. anyway glad to see its got ya moving a bit, i would strongly recommend you look into a fastpath key. it should help you to receive the absolute best out of your controller, and with those drives, yoiu should be able to get some amazing results! check out the fastpath thread if you havent already, it will help you to make an informed decision. the price v performance might not be for you, but seeing as how your running crossfire on a classified i think UBER is on your mind
    Don't you just wish nvidia would quit being jackasses and drop the whole nf200 thing already? ATI has proven that x8 PCI-E 2.0 is plenty in 3-4 way setups. Imagine a 762 or UD9 without nfarce onboard

Xtreme Guru
    Isnt fathpath just a accelerator meaning he just have to DL it since the 9260 uses fastpath? As for the NF200's is it really that bad of a flaw dude?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Guru
    YES. undoubtedly yes. that is why they even released a second version of the original classified. people were demanding it! It also introduces latency into GPU setups. now , if its the difference between dual sli and quad sli it might be worth it. BUT the amount of latency and performance killing it does when you go from dual-sli to tri-sli is a different matter entirely. it is subjective how much of a difference it makes. good for benchmarks, bad for smooth gameplay.
    there are a few facts that are acknowledged though,
    #1 it addds latency
    #2 it runs hot and contributes to general instability when overclocked
    #3 when it comes to hardware raid cards w/ ssd...where latency is the most important thing, you cant deny it. just look at the numbers. it is murder.

there has been a lot of ingg about the NF200 since the what series of chipset??? forever it seems. this old overheated peice of crap hardware even making it onto 1366 is a freaking travesty. they need to come up with a new version or by god hopefully sandy bridge architecture will eliminate the need for it (with uber pci-e 3.0)
    more on that when idf convenes next month, cant wait!
    "Lurking" Since 1977