Thread: XS Twitter account

Xtreme Member

XS Twitter account

Yeah, I dont use twitter, like at all, but I created an "@xtremesystems" twitter account to reserve the name.

If anyone wants to take over the twitter account with useful info and what not contact me.

kthxbye.

Xtreme Addict
    There appears to be ZERO interest, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Life's Replay
    There's zero interest to maintain and post on it. I'd follow it, I just don't think it's down to a user to represent XtremeSystems on Twitter.
    Self-proclaimed and convincing.

Intel i5 760 | Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 480 | Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus II GPU Cooler | Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 | Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 5 TB+ of storage | Corsair Obsidian 550d | Corsair HX850

13" Macbook Pro

Nikon D90 | Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR | Nikon 35mm f/1.8G | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 Macro HSM | Nikon SB-900 | Braun 5000

Twitter | Life's Replay

Xtreme Addict
    i fail to see why xs would need a twitter account. even if someone was willing to maintain such an account - what do you want to post there? news? why not visit the news forum in the first place?
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Royal Administrator
    It would be useful for those who do not have an account or do not wish to register an account with XtremeSystems Forums. But a good thing about Twitter is that it can spread the words faster.

Life's Replay
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraf View Post
    It would be useful for those who do not have an account or do not wish to register an account with XtremeSystems Forums. But a good thing about Twitter is that it can spread the words faster.
    I think this is a key point. Although XS boasts an impressive number of users, it's nothing compared to Twitter. There's a lot of tech-interested people on Twitter that aren't on XS.

Another thing is, Twitter basically combines various sources of information into one stream and therefore removes the need to visit each site individually. Although many might have their personalized surfing routines (first XS, then Anandtech, etc.), it's not really the most efficient way to go about things.

Intel i5 760 | Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 480 | Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus II GPU Cooler | Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 | Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 5 TB+ of storage | Corsair Obsidian 550d | Corsair HX850

13" Macbook Pro

Nikon D90 | Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR | Nikon 35mm f/1.8G | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 Macro HSM | Nikon SB-900 | Braun 5000

Twitter | Life's Replay

Xtreme Addict
    i also don't see any real point in it.
    but i am also someone who doesn't believe in using twitter at all..

does anyone have an idea of who would post and what they would even post about?
    it would probably have to be information about things going on with XS and it's community.
    maybe something as simple as: XS member xxx broke the new WR for xxx with a score of xxx, read hear for more info...
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Life's Replay
    It would have to be a combination of a tech-news feed and an XS focused communite news agent. It's not uncommon, somebody just needs to be associated to XS and be on Twitter.

13" Macbook Pro

Twitter | Life's Replay

Xtreme Addict
    it would be useful to notify users whats happening re the site, hot new posts or info as in the above post just another channel to invade, can't do any harm Oh have we got a facebook group yet?
    Respec'
    System:Bunch of crappy overclocked PC's that cost an arm and a leg

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    I've actually found Twitter to be pretty useful... which is odd because I'm really not for most of this whole "internet social revolution" thing.

Maybe Charles could use such an account to, I dunno, announce details for the next XS CES meet?
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I could see certain aspects of Twitter useful, though I'm not entirely sure of the direct benefit beyond consolidating news from various sites that don't have rss. I find Twitter is mostly a promotional tool, so there could be obvious uses there.
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Life's Replay
    Quote Originally Posted by CmB View Post
    I could see certain aspects of Twitter useful, though I'm not entirely sure of the direct benefit beyond consolidating news from various sites that don't have rss. I find Twitter is mostly a promotional tool, so there could be obvious uses there.
    I don't use RSS feeds and I prefer Twitter, suppose it's down to personal preference. Twitter is fare more mainstream than RSS feeds though.

13" Macbook Pro

Twitter | Life's Replay

Xtreme Member
    There are a lot of APIs out there that could easily integrate with the XS forum for automated tweets. This doesnt exclude the possibility of having a shared account with people that are interested in posting.
    Just my thoughts yah.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by inCore View Post
    I don't use RSS feeds and I prefer Twitter, suppose it's down to personal preference. Twitter is fare more mainstream than RSS feeds though.
    I'm not going to argue as I agree, lol.
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraf View Post
    Why doesnt a mod or admin make a twitter account, ill be watching your tweets lol.. will get alot more members thats for sure

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme CCIE
    TBH I'm not sure why we're not more into the Twitterz and other social media, but I'm sure this is going to stir up some discussion. Great idea AnXioZ, I'm sure someone will be in touch!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Why doesnt a mod or admin make a twitter account, ill be watching your tweets lol.. will get alot more members thats for sure
    Pffft, if you really meant that I'd see you following me on the account I just created - XS_Serra.

I'll probably be a pretty quiet tweeter since I'm not really in the habit of using Twitter, but if anyone decides to actually follow I'll try to put up some of what I see and do around here. It will probably be a pretty good insight into just how far behind posts I typically am in my moderation.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Xtreme Member
    Ya, you can use CoTweet - http://cotweet.com/

It allows multiple users from a single organisation to cohesively use twitter for business

I use twitter a lot. In fact, twitter has become kind of a must do thing like facebook. It's a great tool for letting people know what you are doing and also in terms of seo and marketing. You can actually use twitter to promote yourself.

For e.g., Someone at XS broke the world record, you just tweet and say something like: Proud of @user breaking world record with #intel/#amd blah blah. The # represents lists. So if anyone has subscribed to #intel to find out the latest news about intel, this tweet will show up on their networks, again driving traffic here. Also very useful for marketing posts.
    Last edited by saveus222; 07-17-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I would love to maintain the twitter account. If you are alright with this, go ahead and PM the account information to me.
    Heatware, Ebay, Facebook
    Current Laptop:
    Cyber Power PC
    Xplorer X1M
    Intel Core i7 3610qm
    8GB DDR3 1333
    240GB OCZ Agility
    Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2GB GDDR5
    1TB Toshiba external portable drive

Backup Laptop:
    Asus G60JX
    Intel Core i7 720qm
    8GB DDR3 1333
    256GB ADATA
    Nvidia Geforce GTS 360m 1GB GDDR5
    640GB Western Digital external portable drive

Xtreme Member
    Account details sent to Ashraf.

Xtreme Member
    Hey, me too, if there's sharing involved or guest tweeter

Xtreme Member
    The account is no longer in my belonging. As I noted above the new account owner is Ashraf.

Xtreme Addict
    Can't you link twitter into a users account so that every post of theirs is tweeted? Or maybe just have it tweet new news threads.

That said following tech sites on twitter often ends up with repettition and the good stuff getting lost.
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000