Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blizzard adds DX11 to WoW: Cataclysm beta with TESSELLATION!

Xtreme Enthusiast

Blizzard adds DX11 to WoW: Cataclysm beta with TESSELLATION!

It won't take long for wow players to dump their DX10 cards.

Blizzard has included an updated DirectX path in the latest beta of its upcoming World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, bringing DX11 to WoW.

Source: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm: Experimental DirectX 11 support

Xtreme Enthusiast
    But I hope Blizzard can fix the problem of 5870 getting only 29 fps in Dalaran peak time first...

Xtreme 3D Team
    It's just for marketing. graphics still look like .
    Smile

Xtreme Enthusiast
    looking at the wings of the flying creature I can say with some certainty there is not tessellation going on. The graphics are terrible in that game. They really should release a optional texture and graphics pack I think plenty of people would be interested in such a thing.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    brb investing in nvidea/amd
    HAF922 (3 fan upgraded) 700w ModXtreme
    MSI GD-65 // HIS 5850 // Saitek Esclipse
    Core i5 750 @ 3.32Ghz (OC Genie) Megahalem w/ 1200rpm Scythe Slipstream
    G. Skill RipJaws DDR3 2000 4x2 gig
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB // 5:1 Dell Surround
    24inch Samsung ToC // MX518

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper_sung View Post
    It won't take long for wow players to dump their DX10 cards.
    You mean their DX9 cards, or even IGPs?

I've seen people that play Lineage 2 and WoW with Intel integrated crap. The screenshots they post on forums to show something ingame are painful to see...

However i like the fact Blizzard is pushing DX11 into the mainstream. ATI and Nvidia will send them a thank you cake for sure
    I hope this means a potential price drop on the HD5xxx and GTX4xx series in the near future

Xtreme Addict
    Sadly, with the new "RealID" stupidity they will not see another dime of my cash. I'd be tempted to play it alongside my main MMO (WAR) otherwise for Cataclysm, I'll admit.

Xtreme Cruncher
    it's nice that they are adding DX11 support. but the thing that bugs me with wow is that yes it looks like complete garbage in todays day and age even when maxed out but that is understandable because they want ever computer made in the past five years to run it well and for an MMO thats fine. but the thing that gets me is that not only does it look like garbage but it runs like garbage. it runs bad on everything 5800's GTX 400's you name it. with the visuals you get out of the game a 5800 should give you over 200FPS even after maxing the game out. instead you get 30FPS... they really need to redo the graphics engine for newer cards because not only can they make it look better on everything but they can make it run better on everything. it's not like they are lacking the money to make that type of change.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

Xtreme Addict
    Still looks just like Warcraft III (edit: with better water effects), and is still another generic cookie cutter MMO, like almost all of them these days.
    Last edited by ExodusC; 07-06-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    95% of wow pop cant even play with shadows on.
    we going shh around the corner

Xtreme Member
    The wing flap is a 3 point polygon, just LoL

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by '[XC
    because they want ever computer made in the past five years to run it well
    +1

I wonder what would it look like if they use Unigine engine

I am Xtreme
    the game is horribly 2 duel optimized (70% load for duel, 30-40% for quads), if u want 60fps in a city populated, you need 5ghz, dosnt really matter the settings somehow.

graphically they are not pushing hardware at all, even when alot is going on, the gpu is almost never pushed very hard since the cpu chokes up first. the best way to see if my gpu would overheat was to go out into the middle of nowhere and turn off vsync off some 300fps action.

Xtreme Member
    does this not fall under the "no matter how well you polish a turd....its still a turd

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jstutman View Post
    does this not fall under the "no matter how well you polish a turd....its still a turd
    fyi wow is the best looking mmorpg out there. most wow haters never played wow. its a pretty damn good time sink.

Xtreme Addict
    doesn't look like DX11 to start...
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aintz View Post
    fyi wow is the best looking mmorpg out there. most wow haters never played wow. its a pretty damn good time sink.
    um NO

I played WoW and it's god awful. Takes 0 skill and it looks horrid. I've also played WAR (Warhammer Online) and although it also takes 0 skill (like all MMOs), it look a lot better. And it still looks like crap compared to real games.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aintz View Post
    Hmm. I was not aware fanboyism was the deciding factor in which MMO is the "best looking" I was under the impression is was based on graphics, which has alot to do with the engine it is coded on.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Actually, DX10 hardware can be utilized to get the same effects currently; enabling DX11 uses shader model 4 in older hardware, and 5 in newer hardware. Enabling the feature can help with some of the scene rendering, but it's not a huge boost. They aren't looking to improve the graphics just yet, but to get everything stable. Later patches will likely introduce some new features. CPU utilization for the new beta client looks to be similar unfortunately, so a main thread and some sparse thread usage on other cores.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    um NO

I played WoW and it's god awful. Takes 0 skill and it looks horrid. I've also played WAR (Warhammer Online) and although it also takes 0 skill (like all MMOs), it look a lot better. And it still looks like crap compared to real games.
    please wow graphics is much better than warhammer... ive played both. (unless warhammer trial disables the super amazing graphics)

Quote Originally Posted by jstutman View Post
    Hmm. I was not aware fanboyism was the deciding factor in which MMO is the "best looking" I was under the impression is was based on graphics, which has alot to do with the engine it is coded on.
    im such a fanboy i thought wotlk sucked and stopped playing the game. right.

compare some screenshots, then make your conclusions.

Try Age of Conan on for size, now that probably has the best graphics of any of the MMO's that I know of; WoW being as close to the bottom as you can get these days other than runescape, lol. Don't even get me started on how much I despise WoW either..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper_sung View Post
    But I hope Blizzard can fix the problem of 5870 getting only 29 fps in Dalaran peak time first...

everyone and their mother get 30 dps in Dal
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    real men like the idea of packing lots of stuff into a very small space, which is what the mac mini is
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    PS. I'm even tougher IRL.

Xtreme Addict
    Saying WoW is the single best looking MMO is like saying MW2 is the best looking FPS.

It may look good and run fine, but that doesn't mean it's the best looking.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    Sadly, with the new "RealID" stupidity they will not see another dime of my cash. I'd be tempted to play it alongside my main MMO (WAR) otherwise for Cataclysm, I'll admit.
    what dose the realID have to do with wow, most states even opted out
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] hipno650 View Post
    it's nice that they are adding DX11 support. but the thing that bugs me with wow is that yes it looks like complete garbage in todays day and age even when maxed out but that is understandable because they want ever computer made in the past five years to run it well and for an MMO thats fine. but the thing that gets me is that not only does it look like garbage but it runs like garbage. it runs bad on everything 5800's GTX 400's you name it. with the visuals you get out of the game a 5800 should give you over 200FPS even after maxing the game out. instead you get 30FPS... they really need to redo the graphics engine for newer cards because not only can they make it look better on everything but they can make it run better on everything. it's not like they are lacking the money to make that type of change.
    No, no and no.

If you run 2560x1600 with 2-4-8 AA, full shadows and whatnot, you'll have a very beautiful game in front of you. It makes a 4870x3 setup cry but it's still 60fps maxed in non-raid setting.

There is a big difference between wow played on a 15inch laptop with integrated video vs played on a high-end setup. I think you should actually try it for yourself before crying on forums about it. In fact, when I used to play wow, on my previous rig with the 4870x3 and a 9650@4.2, I could get up to ~450fps by changing my settings. Same scene would go from 450fps to 60-70fps going from minimal settings to maximal settings.

Anyway, this changes nothing. I'm never "playing" wow again. I need a game with an off switch

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast