Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG Is this XSPC's answer to the Typhoon III?

Exclamation OMG Is this XSPC's answer to the Typhoon III?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11...ver_Black.html

OMG do want. Can it fit in the Corsair 800D? I know some the XSPC bay res's had an issue where you needed file the 800D's bay shelves (or w/e they're called).

Xtreme Cruncher
    This was announced a little while back. You buy one, use it for 3 months and then tell us how it turns out.
    upgrading...

oh lawd ok. hmm, so I assume that this includes the fixes from the other XSPC bays?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I have no clue. I've not ever had a problem with a XSPC product personally, but you compared it to a T3.

From what I can tell from pictures, it looks like a good design. I like how the pump has been brought in - more like a cg mount.
    upgrading...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmoe View Post
    This was announced a little while back. You buy one, use it for 3 months and then tell us how it turns out.

Ya, I'm not so sure about Acrylic anymore

Xtreme Member
    Is this bay res even on the league with the T3 in terms of functionality?

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Xtreme Member
    If thisis anything like the dual bay res for DDC that I just sent back, good luck.... It was impossible to fit in the drive bay cage of my Raven 2 case and more importantly was a noisy SOB, the resonance from the pump making contact with the drive cage was a nightmare. Perhaps they have fixed these issues, but looking at the design it looks the same.....

Let me know how it turns out....

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Philwong View Post
    Is this bay res even on the league with the T3 in terms of functionality?

Phil
    You mean, will it hold water?
    upgrading...

Xtreme Cruncher
    No, it's just XSPC's res top for the MCP-655/D5 in a dual bay res form. It is nothing like the T3 if you look at the pictures. One pump, one loop.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polizei View Post
    No, it's just XSPC's res top for the MCP-655/D5 in a dual bay res form. It is nothing like the T3 if you look at the pictures. One pump, one loop.
    Sums it up nicely.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Xtreme Member
    You mean, will it hold water?

I sprayed coffee all over my kb when I read this

I am Xtreme
    I heard there were problems with XSPC DDC pump/resevoirs leaking . . .
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    Holly , I just bought one for my next project.

Phil

Xtreme Guru
    Philwong: And? Those problems by far were not that often as famous primochill T3. These XSPC pump-reservoirs are seen in very many liquid builds, the more common component, more chance to hear some problems about it even though in reality it's very small part of percent. It's like shouts about better reliability of D5 pumps, because DDC have failed for few guys - if you take into account that DDC pump is THE most common pump in LC scene, and outsells most of others by a lot, no wonder that some rarely bought/used pump might be seen as more reliable.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Philwong: And? Those problems by far were not that often as famous primochill T3. These XSPC pump-reservoirs are seen in very many liquid builds, the more common component, more chance to hear some problems about it even though in reality it's very small part of percent. It's like shouts about better reliability of D5 pumps, because DDC have failed for few guys - if you take into account that DDC pump is THE most common pump in LC scene, and outsells most of others by a lot, no wonder that some rarely bought/used pump might be seen as more reliable.
    three failures from one person. . .not three separate people from among thousands of builds.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    Yeah I had one, see THIS thread

But the replacement I received is a revised design, and doesn't seem to fall apart like the original. The first one I had only lasted a few weeks, and I've had the new one going for a few months now.

So as long as you get the revised version, with the top panel that extends all the way to and over the rear panel(the panel with the ports), you should be good.
    Lian-Li V1000B || i5 2500k || Gigabyte P67-UD4 || 4GB Dominator 1600s || eVGA GTX 570 || 60GB OCZ Vertex || Corsair HX850

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G4h4o8s6T View Post
    Yeah I had one, see THIS thread

But the replacement I received is a revised design, and doesn't seem to fall apart like the original. The first one I had only lasted a few weeks, and I've had the new one going for a few months now.

So as long as you get the revised version, with the top panel that extends all the way to and over the rear panel(the panel with the ports), you should be good.
    How to differentiate the revised model?

Phil

When the DDC XSPC dual bay reses initially came out there were failures due to the adhesive that was used. XSPC RMA'd faulty units overnight with an emailed photograph and replaced the stock of online retailers.

Take that for what it's worth, but I personally have been using a XSPC 2x DDC dual bay res for a few months and have had no issues. After I saw the issues last year, I contacted Sidewinder directly and was assured that all of their old stock was replaced. I have also since built a new WCS for a friend using the same res and again, no issues.

As for the noise that Neutronman referred to, I bet the rails are simply too tight in his case. I have a MM UFO and my dual res is whisper quiet. My buddy on the other hand has a 800D and we had to file down the rails inside to make it fit. We were able to jam it in before filing, but the tightness did make the pumps resonate to the case and was very loud. After filing down the rails however, it's just as quiet as my UFO.
    Last edited by S3RV0; 07-06-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Man.. this is not very reassuring...

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Philwong View Post
    Man.. this is not very reassuring...

Phil
    meh

As G4h4o8s6T said, look at the res you bought. If the top piece of acrylic extends all the way over the back panel, it's the new version and you'll be fine.

Xtreme Member

Like this?

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by S3RV0 View Post
    meh

As G4h4o8s6T said, look at the res you bought. If the top piece of acrylic extends all the way over the back panel, it's the new version and you'll be fine.

Ya, I'm pretty sure that's the one.

I'm at work right now, so I can't 100% verify, but I'll look when I get home and report back unless someone else can do it sooner.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RV0 View Post
    Ya, I'm pretty sure that's the one.

I'm at work right now, so I can't 100% verify, but I'll look when I get home and report back unless someone else can do it sooner.
    Thanks man.

Phil

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
    OMG do want. Can it fit in the Corsair 800D? I know some the XSPC bay res's had an issue where you needed file the 800D's bay shelves (or w/e they're called).
    was out a very long time ago..
    im sure paul sent skinnee one to test.
    Or its in skinnee's pile of box he needs to test.
    And its probably my fault he hasnt gotten to it yet either..

At least XSPC is great with RMA's.
    If it does crack, im sure he could get a 15 replacements in the same time it would take to get 1 T3 replacement.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    was out a very long time ago..
    im sure paul sent skinnee one to test.
    Or its in skinnee's pile of box he needs to test.
    And its probably my fault he hasnt gotten to it yet either..

You just love doing that huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    At least XSPC is great with RMA's.
    If it does crack, im sure he could get a 15 replacements in the same time it would take to get 1 T3 replacement.
    Besides the fact that they've had fewer acrylic related problems a good reason their name isn't soiled like PC's is.
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast