Thread: Coolant

Coolant

Hey guys, after some searching and not quite finding an answer to my question I figured I'd make a new thread. I'm am wondering what the majority rules on PT Nuke vs. silver coils. I will be running an XSPC RX360 rad, Danger Den cpu and gpu blocks. I want to use distilled but havnt made up my mind yet on as to use nuke or silver coils. What do you guys think? Thanks!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Either is recommended as no one here recommends dyes or pre-mix coolants. You'll be happy with either.

Personally, I would go with nuke just so I don't have something floating around in my res and it's instant protection - no need to wait to build up silver concentration in the water.

Yeah, I've seen the terror that dyes wreak. Def not going there. I've been leaning more toward Nuke too being a bit worried about something floating around in my res.

Xtreme Member
    Should you ever decide to have multiple loops or multiple water cooled computers, that one bottle of PT Nuke will suffice for them all.

Xtreme Member
    Anything but distilled is pure bling, unless you for some reason use Flourinert.

I'd pick Silver > Nuke as its permanent, and you don't need to add more every so often/when changing water out

Whose to say the silver has to be in youre res? Coil it up and stick it in a tube

Xtreme Addict
    Both work nice. Use both!
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Member
    Yeah I am still using PT Nuke just because I still have a bottle from 5 years ago. It's still 3/4 of the way full lol.

Intel Core i7-2600K---> Koolance 370
    3 X EVGA 480 GTX SC's Watercooled--> Koolance VID-NX480 blocks, HWLabs GTX 480, Liang D5 Vario
    Koolance RP-45X2 Reservoir
    Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 MB
    SILVERSTONE ST1500 1500W PSU
    16G CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT (4 x 4GB) PC3 12800
    2 X Kingston HyperX SH100S3B/120G SATA 3 in RAID 0
    1 X WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Dell 3007 WFP-HC
    Z-5500's
    Windows 7 64bit

If I use primochill tubing which claims to have biocide already in it, is that enough with pure distilled?

Quote Originally Posted by Labrat84 View Post
    If I use primochill tubing which claims to have biocide already in it, is that enough with pure distilled?
    Nope, I didnt even know PrimoChill has biocide in it, if it does it must be weak as

As h20xide said, what makes you think you have to put it your res? Ianh's kill coils are coils for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by S3RV0 View Post
    As h20xide said, what makes you think you have to put it your res? Ianh's kill coils are coils for a reason.

Haha, thankyou