Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [FD Array] Purple Haze

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guilleguillaume View Post
    You can't stop surprising me. That job on the fans to let the fitting go through it's nearly perfect, I've never seen anything similar to that.

You have inspired me to change my ATX board rig for a MicroATX to try something on a smaller case because I'm tired of big cases but I really "need" Sound Card and I want to use mi i7 920 so the only way it's to use MicroATX and maybe I will try on the future V354.

Keep on working, this is going to be one of the best SFF builds for sure.
    Thanks man, extremely kind words!
    Going small is a big pain, takes a lot of planning, and is totally worth it every time. Over and over again. By a million. And a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by josk1 View Post
    that's one sweet option you got there! mate!
    Don't really know what you mean by option? Is it the reservoir?

Some more pictures with a borrowed GPU.

Fractal Design Array mITX
    LC Worklog: Project Purple Haze
    LianLi V1000
    LC Worklog: Project Crystal Clear
    LianLi A05
    LC Worklog: Project Simplicity

Xtreme Addict
    Cables in the res? What do they go to?
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    I must go sleep now because in 3 hours I will be work but well I think that the sleeve in the reservoir it's only for taking fun on pictures. I remeber mcp and fhantastic doing something similar on their worklogs. But well maybe I'm wrong and it will go there with the liquid :O

For a while I thought you made holes to the reservoir on the side and that you were connecting the Ram block to the reservoir when saw the fifth picture because of the angle of the picture LOL

The Aquacomputer Grill looks better on this last pics, you really don't have fear to show the grill like on the Lian Li A05 Simplicity, I admire it, a lot of people are scared about showing accesories that don't come with the case.

And a very unique style that you give to your builds it's that you always keep the original color of the cases, if they are black ouside and aluminium inside you don't powder coat and use the stock look and for me that's a nice feature that define your work, I love that Laine's Style.

cheers

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    Cables in the res? What do they go to?
    Straight to awesomeness, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by guilleguillaume View Post
    I must go sleep now because in 3 hours I will be work but well I think that the sleeve in the reservoir it's only for taking fun on pictures. I remeber mcp and fhantastic doing something similar on their worklogs. But well maybe I'm wrong and it will go there with the liquid :O

For a while I thought you made holes to the reservoir on the side and that you were connecting the Ram block to the reservoir when saw the fifth picture because of the angle of the picture LOL

The Aquacomputer Grill looks better on this last pics, you really don't have fear to show the grill like on the Lian Li A05 Simplicity, I admire it, a lot of people are scared about showing accesories that don't come with the case.

And a very unique style that you give to your builds it's that you always keep the original color of the cases, if they are black ouside and aluminium inside you don't powder coat and use the stock look and for me that's a nice feature that define your work, I love that Laine's Style.

cheers
    Thanks man, I always enjoy reading comments from you because they are always so well thought through.
    And I love hearing other peoples responses when they have a quick look at the case.

It's also cool to see someone defining my building style, haven't thought about it like that.
    I thank you for that!

About the rad grill "issue", take a look at this and picture it in your head.
    If the grill still seems out of place, then I don't know what to do.

LianLi V1000
    LianLi A05

Xtreme Member
    A lot has happened since last time, I tested my tubing route, got my PSU together and test fitted (unsure about the lengths still, a re-routing might solve this) and fixed my wifi adapter.

LianLi V1000
    LianLi A05

I must say that looks absolutley fantastic mate
    I can't believe how much you have crammed in that case and managed to get the tubing on.
    Amazing build.

Xtreme Member
    love it dude,
    like the idea of the sleeving in the res
    can we get bigger size pictures?

doctor pepper's desk
    EVGA P55 FTW | i5 650 @ 4GHz | 4Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 XMS3 | XFX 4870 1Gb | Corsair X32 | Samsung SpinPoint F1 - 320Go | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | Samsung P2450H | Microsoft Laser Desktop 7000 | JBL Spyro Black
    AirCooling: Prolimatech Mega Shadow | Xigmatek Bifrost | Fractal Design SATA Cluster Box | Fractal Design 2x120mm, 2x140mm and 1x92mm

Cosmos-S
    Foxconn BloodRage Rev1.1 Bios P07 | i7 920 D0 @ 4,629GHz max & 4,3GHz stable | 6Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 | XFX 5870 | Sonar X-Fi | Intel X25-M 80 Go PostVille | Samsung SpinPoint F1 - 1To | Corsair HX620W | CoolerMaster Cosmos S | Samsung T240 | Logitech MX-5500 & Z-2300
    Watercooling: Laing DDC + plexi top and tank | CPU - HK 1366 rev 3.0 LT | GPU - EK Water Blocks EK FC5870 V2 - Acétal Nickel | MB - Foxconn's original | HDD - HK SilentStar HD-Single rev 2.0 | radiator - 3x120mm | tubing - High Flex 10/16mm | red PrimoChill ICE coolant

Xtreme Member
    I have somtehing to say:

¿Where are you planning to put the Himuro?

I can't believe that you are not using a Himuro on one of your builds :P

I think that it's another of your features when we talk about builds, but now it's not possible haha

Excellent and awesome build, nice ikea fejka's for photography, i have 4 of them at home
    Project : Panda - in progress...
    |Intel i5-750|Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 XMP 2x2Gb|Asus P7P55D
    |Sapphire Radeon X800GTO|Spinpoint F3 500Gb|Corsair TX650|Antec 300|iiyama ProLite E431S
    |Logitech MX518 + Steel Series QCK|KME 2201 Black|Logitech S220 2.1|

Xtreme Member
    To older exposures I put together to form one picture, this time hi-res.
    LianLi V1000
    LianLi A05

(o.O)
    Looks great - is this build completed? Or do you have more plans for it?
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield @ 3.2GHz | Asus P5Q Deluxe mobo | 2x OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) | Sapphire 4870x2 | Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10k RPM | Intel 120GB SSD | Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB 7200 RPM | Hitachi 2TB 7200 RPM | PCP&C 750W Power Supply |Cooler Master HAF932 | Windows 7 64-bit | Dell ULTRASHARP 2408WFP 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Join Us in the XS World Community Grid Forum & Help Fight Cancer and Other Diseases

What are your temps on that? I'm going to attempt a LC SFF build soon but not on your kind of budget (well at least not with those parts anyways since the case itself is a couple bills)
    Silverstone SG-02F, Intel Core i5 760, Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2, XFX ATI HD Radeon 5850, Corsair Dominator 2x2GB DDR3 1600, OCZ Vertex 2 120GB, Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB, XFX 650W Grey
    Swiftech Apogee XT, Swiftech MCP655 Vario, Swiftech MCR220, XSPC Dual 5.25' Bay Res/Pump for D5, 2x Scythe GT 1450rpm, 3/8" ID 1/2" OD

Xtreme Member
    thats brilliant

the accents look superb and make the radgrill a little more inkeeping.

the tubing routing is exactly what i imagined you would do but looks superb

wonderful execution laine
    ≠ 4770K - R9 290X Crossfire
    www.overclockers.co.uk

Xtreme Member
    Finally managed to get my stainless parts laser cut.
    One part of the frame did get messed up, but I'll try to save it.

LianLi V1000
    LianLi A05

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Wow Laine, you never fail to impress. Beautiful work!

Mate, this build is nothing but perfection. ALOT of inspiration came from browsing this thread, which I'm now sub'd to!

Just wondering bud, could you tell us how you got your fluid looking like that, because it's seriously AMAZING!

Cheers bud!

Xtreme Guru
    awesome word dude lovin it!!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Finally got somewhere with the GPU.

LianLi V1000
    LianLi A05

Xtreme Addict
    I love it, damn I might even have to build one of these. Well done, excellent job.
    Respec'
    System:Bunch of crappy overclocked PC's that cost an arm and a leg

Xtreme Member
    I really love that Waterblock I have the Acetal/Nickel and it's just amazing.

Laine I have the same PSU, the Silverstone SFX 450W and I want to sleeve it with the MDPC-X sleeve and I'm so interested in knowing how much sleeve should I get to make a tricolor combination like you. I want to sleeve it with Grey- Blue- Purple but i don't want to get too much excess of sleeve of each one. Maybe it's difficult to tell me that since you may have it already from other builds, but well who knows ^^

You have inspired me to create an SFF WC build and I'm still in process ;D

Xtreme Member
    Beautiful work man. A true genius you are !!!

Xtreme Addict
    To put an EK backplate on a GPU, do you need a waterblock? I want to put one on an MSi Hawk.
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member

Just testing it as a "bench" until I can figure out a way to fix the window frames.
    LianLi V1000
    LianLi A05

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What coolant is that, beautiful colour purple
    sigh

Xtreme Guru
    @dreamaxx i used this on my last rig http://www.primochill.com/primochill...uv-purple.html was about the same colour roughly, can add more to make it darker too..

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123