Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XSPC Triple top FAIL!! :(

Xtreme Member
    Looks like the top took the sleeving with it, lol.
    Fractal Design Array mITX
    LC Worklog: Project Purple Haze
    LianLi V1000
    LC Worklog: Project Crystal Clear
    LianLi A05
    LC Worklog: Project Simplicity

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laine View Post
    Looks like the top took the sleeving with it, lol.
    LOL, Well, I ordered murdermod white sleeving as the stuff i got before really sucked, so I was planning to re-sleeve anyways...:P @Churchy, yeah those pumps judt blast through anything and yes, maybe it is a bit of overkill. I think I will RMA the old one since the new one came in and keep a spare incase the same thing happens...:P
    (New build):MSI Big Bang X-power II with XSPC MB blocks, Core I7 3930k@4.6Ghz with HT on, 3x GTX 480 SLI with EK Waterblocks(for now), X-fi Titanium, Gskill quad kit 16GB 2133mhz, 2x240GB Corsair GT SSD's(raid 0), 3xWD 2TB drives, Silverstone Strider ST1500 Watt, Dell3007WFP and 2x Samsung 305T's. Water loop: EK HF CPU block, XSPC RX480 Rad, Coolgate GC480, Airplex Revolution 420 Rad, 2x DDC 3.25 18W with EK dual top, Caselabs STH10 white with customizations....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Sooooo.......I bought a new triple top and the new one looks sealed much better than my first was, I think I just received a defective one from the start. I also Emailed XSPC and they are shipping me a another one for free!! LOL, So i guess I will just sell it off....Oh and if anyone one wants the failed one to try and fix it I will give it to you!! :P
    (New build):MSI Big Bang X-power II with XSPC MB blocks, Core I7 3930k@4.6Ghz with HT on, 3x GTX 480 SLI with EK Waterblocks(for now), X-fi Titanium, Gskill quad kit 16GB 2133mhz, 2x240GB Corsair GT SSD's(raid 0), 3xWD 2TB drives, Silverstone Strider ST1500 Watt, Dell3007WFP and 2x Samsung 305T's. Water loop: EK HF CPU block, XSPC RX480 Rad, Coolgate GC480, Airplex Revolution 420 Rad, 2x DDC 3.25 18W with EK dual top, Caselabs STH10 white with customizations....

Has anyone talked about how or why you should use long 90's so you diminish the need for high head pressure pumps? ( Short 90's are the things you find at Lowes or Depot {in the US}. Long 90's are used in HVAC systems- for the same reason water cooling needs them - for every short 90 used that adds 8 times the diameter of the pipe {or that's the way it was explained to me by an hydraulic engineer, to me.} With an ID of 1/2 inch, that can add up real quick.) In many ways those bends using PETG Hard Tubing are a lot better for your system then all those 90 fittings {YES. I know the actual water block add resistance, but they don't add resistance like TEN short 90s do}.

What I find really funny are the people who are using larger pipe are getting better flow through their system {somewhere on Youtube they are showing someone who is actually using ID 1/2 inch pipe. Sure I know 0.472441 inch pipe [12mm] is just a little less than 1/2 inch pipe, but they are using the inside of the pipe to thread all their 1/4 fitting into}.

Heck if they made 3/4 inch pipe with all the fittings you would find even a better flow through your loops. Then the issue would be do you have big enough Radiators to dump all that heat?

One other side to adding all those pumps - there is a heat issue coming from those pump. Example: I had a problem with a sprinkler system with people leaving the pump on but turning all the discharge valves off. After while the pump would make steam and I ended up having to replace the pump if the pump was made out of plastic. Now I know these pumps are not that powerful, but they can still add 40-50 watts of heat to your water given time. That heat has to go somewhere, which means that heat has to be dumped from your radiators {and it does not help that our computer rooms run over 70 deg F normally [fun fact - people normally put out 200 watts per hour- that that fact has to be put into the equation per person for HVAC systems for high rises and large building]}. With that information think about the latest CPU that intel has put out- I know that my 4 core air cooled can put out 212 degs F with a room at 72 deg F just running a antivirus program (it's why I am working on making a water cool RIG). I am cool with bling. But with my system, I am using two Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper Radiator 560, 140mm x 4, Quad Fan to cool the CPU and the memory. And one Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper Radiator 560, 140mm x 4, Quad Fan to cool my GTX 1080 GPU (with the idea if I need more radiators, I can add later - I am still working on it).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12