Thread: Corsair Launches Single Rank Ultra-High-Speed DDR3 DIMMs

Xtreme Mentor

Corsair Launches Single Rank Ultra-High-Speed DDR3 DIMMs

– Dominator GT DDR3 memory is tested at 2625MHz –

FREMONT, California — July 1, 2010 — Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the launch of Dominator® GT GTX6 DDR3 memory, an ultra-high-speed PC3-21000 single-rank 1GB DDR3 DIMM. These modules are among the fastest available in the world today, and are designed for CPU and memory benchmarking as well as for world record attempts.

The GTX6 is tested on the Gigabyte™ P55A-UD5 motherboard with BIOS Revision F10 at a clock speed of 2625MHz. Specially selected Intel® Core™ i7-860 and Core i7-870 CPUs are used to achieve these memory frequencies. While 2625MHz is the test specification for a single module, we have found in the lab that speeds as high as 2600MHz can typically be achieved when testing as a pair. For ultimate performance, using a CPU cooled using liquid nitrogen, we were able to hit 2976MHz; see our blog for images and screen shots.

"What can I say, except these modules are fast. Really fast," stated John Beekley, Vice President of Technical Marketing at Corsair. "While not really designed for day to day use, these modules make superb weapons for your overclocking arsenal."

Dominator GT GTX6 memory is currently available on Corsair's web store, at shop.corsair.com. Due to the intensive screening involved, the availability of GTX6 memory is very limited. GTX6 modules are supplied with a limited lifetime warranty and are backed up by Corsair's legendary customer service and technical support.

Images of the Corsair Dominator GT family can be downloaded from here.

For more information on Corsair Dominator GT memory, please visit:
    http://www.corsair.com/products/dominatorgt

Source: http://www.corsair.com/news/press_re...spx?id=1547210

Xtreme CCIE
    Sweet. I can't wait until some of the guys around here get their mitts on 'em. Should do very well.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

Xtreme Legend
    Gigabyte & Corsair
    I'm in heaven

Good work jake...nice gear, NOW we need to freeze some of these babies. I have a feeling they might just be ok for pi too
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Guru
    wow almost 3000mhz on L2N wow, cant wait to get some of these for my i7 Rig... bring it On !!

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Sweet. I can't wait until some of the guys around here get their mitts on 'em. Should do very well.
    Not me :-)

I hope splmann will give these a try!
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

i guess this will be good for spi, but is there a real point in this for non benching use that 2GB hyper sticks wont do
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Guru
    Well they OC further then the 2gb sticks but kinda useless...

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Heya to all! Thanks for interest in those sticks!

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    i guess this will be good for spi, but is there a real point in this for non benching use that 2GB hyper sticks wont do
    I loved Elpida Hyper based modules ( Dominator GTs 1600C6/1866C7/2000C7/2000C8/2250C8 CMGTX2) just like the next guy - I know what you mean... Sadly, Elpida Hyper DRAMs are now gone, so... This is what we need to be working with now in terms of frequency overclockability. You know, it's like it was with DDR Winbond BH-5 - the King is Dead, long live the King...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny87au View Post
    Well they OC further then the 2gb sticks but kinda useless...
    CMGTX6 is not really for daily use, so we wanted to point that out... Well, unless you go to our web store and pick up 4 or 6 of them ... It's for thrills of frequency overclocking, at decent timings... It's still fun, believe me

As for 1GB not being enough, no worries - other good stuff is coming up down the pipeline
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 07-01-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Xtreme Legend
    wow Michal how are you man......haven't seen you pop up on forums for agesssss
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    wow Michal how are you man......haven't seen you pop up on forums for agesssss
    Sup Dino!
    Dude, that's what work at Corsair does to people, man! They just lock you up in there, and make you do all this crazy weird stuff i'm sure you know all the same yourself - pretty much GB is the same

You know, I log into XS everyday, just too shy to post anymore - bachus? Who's bachus?

Xtreme Cruncher
    wow now we need UnG to appear LOL

nice to see you around bachus
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym View Post
    Sup Dino!
    Dude, that's what work at Corsair does to people, man! They just lock you up in there, and make you do all this crazy weird stuff i'm sure you know all the same yourself - pretty much GB is the same

You know, I log into XS everyday, just too shy to post anymore - bachus? Who's bachus?
    haahhahah i call BS
    Last time me and Josh showed up at corsair labs Robert had to negotiate with you to leave the lab and come out for lunch..........i think it's more the fact they are letting you play with overclocker's heroin kick ass RAM that is

i dont blame ya mate nothing wrong with enjoying your job right
    Last edited by dinos22; 07-01-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

I loved Elpida Hyper based modules ( Dominator GTs 1600C6/1866C7/2000C7/2000C8/2250C8 CMGTX2) just like the next guy - I know what you mean... Sadly, Elpida Hyper DRAMs are now gone, so... This is what we need to be working with now in terms of frequency overclockability. You know, it's like it was with DDR Winbond BH-5 - the King is Dead, long live the King...

CMGTX6 is not really for daily use, so we wanted to point that out... Well, unless you go to our web store and pick up 4 or 6 of them ... It's for thrills of frequency overclocking, at decent timings... It's still fun, believe me

As for 1GB not being enough, no worries - other good stuff is coming up down the pipeline

so if the hypers finally ran out any chance we can get a hint at what thees are before they come out. is it still something elpedia or did micron come back or maybe something random like powerchips/infinion like they did half way through ddr and ddr2 or promos like at the end of ddr2 and randomly turned it around.

also any chance you guys are hiring people who overclock for testers in bay area.

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    haahhahah i call BS
    Last time me and Josh showed up at corsair labs Robert had to negotiate with you to leave the lab and come out for lunch..........i think it's more the fact they are letting you play with overclocker's heroin kick ass RAM that is

i dont blame ya mate nothing wrong with enjoying your job right
    is there anything more addictive than ram as it has so many settings and also with the creepy lobby were u phone in to get a secretary its like they are trapping people with something
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Guru
    Ahhh, more down the line, care to spill? hehe

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I loved Elpida Hyper based modules ( Dominator GTs 1600C6/1866C7/2000C7/2000C8/2250C8 CMGTX2) just like the next guy
    What about 1600C7, they are not hyper based? Rev 2.1 are being hypers both in 6GB and 4GB kits, correct?

Didn't know 1GB kits were still in production. Especially at say 300$ pricepoint
    What about 512MB
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

I am Xtreme
    Um, base latency for 2625MHz?
    1GB?
    And damn, not even a taller heatspreader?!
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i wanna see crysis perf of ddr3 1333 777 vs this hehehe

Tyler Durden
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    i wanna see crysis perf of ddr3 1333 777 vs this hehehe
    Within the margin of error...
    Formerly XIP, now just P.

Xtreme Addict
    What, still no 32 GB modules at 99.9$?! - useless.

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Who is this Bachus guys you keep talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Cruncher
    bachus, did you help participate in engineering these sticks yourself?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet View Post
    Who is this Bachus guys you keep talking about?

Scroll up Jake.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.