Thread: EVGA 680i destroyed vid card or mobo??

EVGA 680i destroyed vid card or mobo??

I was moving my pc (like I always do) to hook it up to a big screen TV. Everything was hooked up and I turned it on like I do all the time, and now I get this weird motherboard beep with no visuals. The POST error code is 7f, but then I hit F1 and it bypasses it and the POST code goes to the normal FF. Was the video card too weak to support the big screen TV? Even though I have been hooking it up to it for a year now? I've read some other forum posts about this topic and apparently that is the issue BUT I have also read about some people replacing their video card in the same slot their old one was in and still getting no visuals (thus the motherboard is destroying the video cards) Does anyone know what the hell is going on here?

Thx

I am Xtreme
    I don't even get what you are asking here. You moved it, didn't post, bypassed it with F1 and then it worked. Now you ask if something is broken ?
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

It doesn't work because I'm still getting no visuals even when I bypass it.

Xtreme Guru
    Try booting up with just a regular PC monitor? Could be your GPU or even your tv tuner card...

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

yeah it turns out the vid card was fried. I guess it couldn't handle the TV anymore. Thank God it wasn't the motherboard just yet!