X

Subscribe to New Ads!

Receive weekly ads in your inbox!

Thread: UPS VA's?

Xtreme Member

UPS VA's?

Hey folks,

Before I start, i've tried using apc's power calculator, but found one flow, which is what this post is for: what kind of VA rating do I need for a water cooled high end machine?

Their guide doesnt take into account water cooling, a high end graphics card ( 9870 HD ), and 2 widescreen monitors ( just regular ), so I have no clue what to look for.

The power goes out here pretty frequently for 2 or 3 minutes at a time, and every time it does, without fail, something on drive gets corrupted.. so i just need something to keep the power on for 5 minutes while i either do a shutdown or wait for it to come back.

Some people say you need to get one that matches the wattage of your PS ( 1000 watt corsair )/ others just say to make sure you match the actually usage ( which i dont have a watthour meter to check )..

Any suggestions?

Xtreme Member
    Here use this power calc to find out your systems load.
    http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

You should then be able to take that info over to this UPS calc and have a good idea of what you will need.
    http://www.csgnetwork.com/upssizecalc.html
    Ntech Duo podcast covers tech news, products reviews, gaming, and any other technology related item.
    Listen to Ntech Duo Podcast
    Ntech Duo Blog and Show notes

Xtreme Addict
    For home computer use, just ignore the UPS' VA rating, and focus on the watt rating, which is what your system will be using.
    i7 2600K | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | GTX Titan | Corsair DDR3-2133