Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: First International Xtremesystems Overclocking Competition RULES

Xtreme X.I.P.
    ok, you all basically knew this already, but i want to post here to lose some of my bad conscience

when holst and me started the ocing competition everything was running fine, but soon started to become a mess. holst and me were both busy and greatly underestimated all the work this project needed. :\

im really sorry, it looks like there wont be any prizes. i have a couple of 35W and 55W tecs, so if any of the winners wants one feel free to pm me and i will send them out to you. im a student and very short on money, and thats pretty much all i can give out as a prize wich would really make sence, i have some other hardware, but its very old stuff and i highly doubt any of you would use it.

if you ant i can still search this thread and all the other threads and make a list of the winners in each category

again, im really sorry about what happened i learned a lot about organizing such an event though, and if your still interested let me know and i will make a second competition. i think it will be without any prizes though to not make it complicated.

again, im sorry, and i hope you all enjoyed the competition anyways, and maybe some of you still have the cards and smile everytime when you look at them remembering the competition, like me
    was a great time with you guys!

saaya

Xtreme Mentor
    Saaya, when you all started that competition I knew you would have your hands full... While I didn't have the opportunity to participate, I did enjoy keeping track from the sidelines. To bad about the prizes, but I think for a first effort it was well done. Look forward to having a chance to participate in the next one, and I everyone who participated in the first....

Xtreme Member
    Actually, that card just made it into my divX box, which I will use later on as the centre of my home entertainment system...
    I chose to buy a seperate TV-tuner card, for better signal quality. For the tv-out, I use the Xabre card, which handles it all very well...
    and it still qualifies for some (low-res) gaming

Thanks again for setting up the competition!
    (and saaya, thanks for the email )
    Last edited by wimpie007; 10-17-2004 at 01:39 AM.

Xtreme Member
    If you ever feel like organizing a new challenge I will compete again . Really nice what you and Holst organized.

Sold my Xabre a week ago btw, knew some gut that really liked the chance to torture it once more.

For me the challenge was allways about the fun, too bad it didn't turn out the way you wanted with the prizes.

c[_]
    next comp should be GF256 32mb DDR's

got 3.38v to the core and 4.0v to the mem on mine right now.. no idea how it clocks since I havent had time to play with it

EDIT

Prizes are cool and all, but i'd be in this for the fun. to Saaya and Holst!

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    Saaya & Holst,

I appreciate the effort you guys put in, and to be honest it wasn't all about the prizes, more about the competition itself. I posted some results around here somewhere and I think that's what most people wanted to see .
    If another contest was to be organised, I'd do it again. It was heaps of fun trying to get the most out of what was really a disposable card. All the comradry with the mods and the drivers was great too.
    A64 3700+ @ 3105/258 1.85v VapoLS
    K8NNXP 12c bios K8Npro
    2 x 256 Twinx 3200LL 2-2-2-6 3.4v
    Albatron 6800GT VapoPE cooled

Xtreme Legend
    I'm still willing to donate the prize I promised, although I've had some problems with obtaining memory. The kit I had set aside for the contest was a kit of OCZ PC4000 Gold, and it wouldn't run at spec let alone overclock.

I gave that kit to my little cousin who dosen't run his PC past 400MHz.

I was offered a kit of EB3700 three months ago, but I won't even go into that. I get sued every time I speak openly.

Bottom line I haven't forgot, and perhaps I can dig up another brand of memory to donate.
    Q6600 (8x401FSB 1.28Vcore)
    2x FX-74
    Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
    Asus L1N64-SLI
    Corsair DDR3-1800 2GB
    Geil DDR2-800 4x1GB
    BFG 8800Ultra
    Leadtek 7950GX2 DD GX2
    Tuniq 1200W
    NZXT 1200W
    Storm WB 775
    2x Swiftech Microdrive Socket-L

Xtreme Legend
    I didn't participate for the prizes. It was pure fun and I have enjoyed it. We all know that you did your best .......

Think on the next one....

to you

Xtreme X.I.P.

big thx you guys! : ))))

will email holst about this
    i will let you know!

and thx keith, but i wouldnt even know who should get the memory, and for most people (i hope all) it was just for fun it seems.

hey if you get sued again ask for rebates at the lawyers office

c[_]
    I'd ask who is sueing, but that would likely open another can of worms.. ouch

Pretty low character to be sueing you from what i've seen, though.. mind PM'ing me who/why so I can justify not buying from them if its a company?

HVAC/R Engineer
    Watch out for the worms. Never can tell who the fishermen are nor the bait they prefer using.

c[_]
    lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234