Thread: P6T WS PRO vs Gigabyte UD3R?

Question P6T WS PRO vs Gigabyte UD3R?

I think i have narrowed my decision between the two boards in the title. I will be getting either a 920 or 930 proc but haven't decided yet. Whats important to me is overclockability, stability, and to use all RAM slots without any issues (stability or decrease overclock). I won't ever do SLI. I'm not a big gamer. Currently have Core2 Quad overclocked to 3.8ghz and i'll probably be happy with 4ghz . I'm going to start out with 12GB of memory (4x3) and will probably add another 12GB sometimes this year. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
    Ncage

Only thing it seems like the P6T doesn't have is a USB3 controller but where i'm buying from comes with a free USB3 card which as far as i know is as good as one integrated into MB. It is pretty cool that it has a SAS controller. Just want to be sure on the OC Issue.

Another question on top of the ones i asked. It seems like the WS Pro supports ECC Memory does this mean i will have to buy expensive ECC memory or will it also accept the cheaper non-ecc DDR3 that everything else accepts?

Wow not even 1 single reply yet! Is my question a stupid question or was i not clear enough? Yes i did do some searching on each motherboard on the forum but sometimes its hard to put together all the info from all the post out there. I'm hoping to get some advice / opinions soon because i want to pull the trigger this weekend.

Xtreme Addict
    You may want to check this thread over at i4memory: http://i4memory.com/f54/asus-p6t6-ws...-photos-18752/
    The P6T6 WS Revolution is very similar to the P6T WS Pro with the addition of an NF200 chip, so performance should be the same aside from tri-SLI.
    i7 4930K
    32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2400C10
    Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
    2x GeForce GTX 780
    Corsair AX1200
    Cooler Master HAF-X
    Dell U3011

Thanks for the reply. Asus is starting to totally confuse me. If you look on their website/newegg it clearly states that the MB supports up to 24GB of memory across its 6 slots but when you look at the latest manual for any of the p6t series of MB it says each slot supports either 1 or 2GB DIMM. I don't know if they don't know how to count but 2x6 != 24. If you go look at the P6X58D Premium it says you can use 1,2,or 4GB DIMMs

Oh yes and memory support is important to me i would be going with 1156 rather than 1366 because crossfire/sli isn't important to me.