Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Futuremark's Lords of Overclocking 2010

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    who is best of the best that you say is gone?
    sarcasm

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme Member
    Hey guys,

as i heared from this competiton my friend (and team mate) sent me his XPower and i bought a retail chip (3005F) to compete...

...but before i had a result this chip died.

So i benched with my Q3QP (a good chip but not as good as the retail) and got some good score's - i did not know the first time that ES Chip not allowed cause in hwbot it is no problem. After i realized it i asked my friend to send me a new retail but there was no time to do it...

I spent a lot of time in benching but all my scores seems useless for this competition and i tought i will upload scores with Q3QP but then i talked with Andre and he said he can help me...

I know it is not ok and it is only my fault!

It is not ok that all people here more against Andre than against us. He benched his own hardware and he also did not compete in this event. So i think the main fault is 100% on our side. What he did is not fair but as i said the main fault is on our side...

I did not upload this score to hwbot - also i did not upload any score from Computex to hwbot - all my/our scores in hwbot done with my hardware...
    Last edited by Afrokalle; 07-22-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks for the update, I looked at your other account email and saw that login has never been used.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Member
    Wow, it gets better and better, I guess its so very much easier as well, I will stop buying hardware and LN2, and instead put that money to buy scores and ss, its so very exciting as well to buy the scores and I cant imagine the proud moment when the winners are declared.....
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrokalle View Post
    Hey guys,

as i heared from this competiton my friend (and team mate) sent me his XPower and i bought a retail chip (3005F) to compete...

...but before i had a result this chip died.

So i benched with my Q3QP (a good chip but not as good as the retail) and got some good score's - i did not know the first time that ES Chip not allowed cause in hwbot it is no problem. After i realized it i asked my friend to send me a new retail but there was no time to do it...

I spent a lot of time in benching but all my scores useless for this competition and i tought i will upload scores with Q3QP but then i talked with Andre and he said he can help me...

I know it is not ok and it is only my fault!

It is not ok that all people here more against Andre than against us. He benched his own hardware and he also did not compete in this event. So i think the main fault is 100% on our side. What he did is not fair but as i said the main fault is on our side...

I did not upload this score to hwbot - also i did not upload any score from Computex to hwbot - all my/our scores in hwbot done with my hardware...
    WTF LOL

so, a man sell you a great score to submit and maybe win and is only your fault? ROFL

a polite and honest man maybe just hang up the phone after listening to your (and all the others) request.

so you who buy scores are all cheaters as much as who sell them to you.

@hiwa: LOL do you think "well i've made a mistake, i'm going to delete all my submission and restart honestly" could be enough? EPIC FAIL
    i don't consider hwbot a circus...but maybe if nobody will be punished after this i could change my idea...
    goodbye my dear ut p35, i'll love you forever

Xtreme XIP

Angry

Dont you guys feel ashamed ?, wheres its the honor in cheating? , WTH its happening to our community? Why this very talented overclockers do this ? Money , e-penis , Grief , the need to be recognize ? Skinee , Hiwa, why ?. i used to look at you guys with so much respect , but even that its all gone now , you guys lost more than you ever could win back by doing the unthinkable. Shame on you guys

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Thanks for the update, I looked at your other account email and saw that login has never been used.
    We wanted to use this as a team account but did not...

Also my team mates have nothing to do with this and cause of this fact (and that it is not my score) this score (and the one's from Computex) are not @hwbot.

My bad feelings was not that big cause i kicked with this score somebody out who also is not a fair player...

...i will not say with this that it is ok (it is 100% not ok) - i will only say why my bad feelings not that big as they could be...

Colombian OCer
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
    Wow, it gets better and better, I guess its so very much easier as well, I will stop buying hardware and LN2, and instead put that money to buy scores and ss, its so very exciting as well to buy the scores and I cant imagine the proud moment when the winners are declared.....
    ohh yess and you can contract a top overclocker for competing against other in a competition and just put in his face a mask of you, so you can win in Real Life too.

Crap!! Guys i dont know what happen this days with OC this kind of actions makes the starting people stop OCing, and after this hobbie will die because the manufacurers/entusiast will not invest on OC events.
    MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 Latam Champion / Gigabyte GOOC 2010 Latin America finals Champion

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Good job Andre and the rest.

Great job, what an as$hat
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simone18 View Post
    WTF LOL

so, a man sell you a great score to submit and maybe win and is only your fault? ROFL
    In my case (and i can only speak for me) it is my fault!

He helped me cause he knowed that i worked hard for this competition and cause he knowed that i want come back Taipei to see someone...

So what do you think is his profite???

Again, it is not ok but i can not see that Andre could gain anything from doing this..

And i think i said why my bad feelings not that big.

Xtreme Member
    Wow, interesting things I see here. Waiting official results. I hope my friends cyclone and Tolsty will go to Taiwan.

Forgive for my English because I only learn it

Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    hiwa, did you and andre work on that result together at computex as a team? or did he make the result and just give it to you?
    we had enough hardware to bench sometimes we use his chip sometimes mine
    a lot of boards there, but we should never post the results caz ppl weren't happy on that.

andre didn't get one CENT on LOC, he never sold the scores to me or other ppl
    as i told before he gave me score on MY REQUEST.

Andre tried to help us
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

sorry Tim you think i am suck clocker? maybe you are right maybe i no have any good score in my book, no i am not at your level for sure, i make a mistake and i'll ban and they punish me for sure.

please forget Computex story, i just wanted to say i changed my personality after that. i hated who cheat and who fake that why i did this mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    While it's your mistake too guys, it's a big one on Andre too.
    He knew the consequences in every aspect of this hobby his actions have.
    Funny thing is, 4 people knocked on his door... random ? maybe. Perhaps he has been doing that all the time, and it just became obvious.

HWbot ban should be lifetime ( at least for him, about the receiving parties, I'd cut you guys some slack and agree to a 1 year ban ).

Come on Andre, show yourself.
    Are you proud of this ?
    Maybe not, you're very proud of yourself and the 7GHz pi32m E.S.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Turkey Man
    Quote Originally Posted by hiwa View Post
    sorry Tim you think i am suck clocker?
    Never said that, just wanted to know about your story so i could make my opinion better informed.
    For me, if you had made the scores together at computex, in my mind that would have been better than it just being his score, but still not acceptable

Xtreme Member
    Even tho i did not score high enough to get an entry to MOA i have pulled my result to show i do not support this comp and what has happened !!!

Turkey Man
    In reading some of the tales from the guilty parties, it seems to me that Andre has willingly offered to help people to cheat.
    I think of the situation as being like a drug deal, both parties are guilty but guess who should cop the bigger jail time

¿
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle fester View Post
    Even tho i did not score high enough to get an entry to MOA i have pulled my result to show i do not support this comp and what has happened !!!
    Why punish MSI/FM? They have done everything they can to make this portion of the qualifiers fair for everyone.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G H Z View Post
    Why punish MSI/FM? They have done everything they can to make this portion of the qualifiers fair for everyone.
    Im not punishing anyone just frustrated that all my hardwork, then stuff like this is happening. my reason's are my own and i do not expect other's to follow suit.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G H Z View Post
    QFT, this aint MSI/FM's fault but its the OC community which has failed......
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

Colombian OCer
    No, the OC Comunity dont fail, only some that thinks the easy way to win is more worthy than put effort on improve score!
    MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 Latam Champion / Gigabyte GOOC 2010 Latin America finals Champion

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrokalle View Post
    In my case (and i can only speak for me) it is my fault!

He helped me cause he knowed that i worked hard for this competition and cause he knowed that i want come back Taipei to see someone...

So what do you think is his profite???

Again, it is not ok but i can not see that Andre could gain anything from doing this..

And i think i said why my bad feelings not that big.
    i dunno if he did it for money/piece of hw/glory/kindness...but it's not legal. and most important, it crashes other people will and attempts to get the ticket to the final. in italy this is just called mafia...do you understand?
    goodbye my dear ut p35, i'll love you forever

I am Xtreme
    It's a problem of individuals. Looking at the responses here, I can see many upright overclockers. MSI and especially Futuremark did absolutely great this time. Took actions accordingly and in the best interest of the community.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hiwa View Post
    we had enough hardware to bench sometimes we use his chip sometimes mine
    a lot of boards there, but we should never post the results caz ppl weren't happy on that.

andre didn't get one CENT on LOC, he never sold the scores to me or other ppl
    as i told before he gave me score on MY REQUEST.

Andre tried to help us
    So what? Andre is a hero then? The spin on this is impossible.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    They should know better though, because they do support Andre in every way ( from samples to... more things I don't want to disclose before I get every single detail out ).

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast