Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Futuremark's Lords of Overclocking 2010

I am Xtreme
    Good point. total respect to everybody.

I'd like a reply from an msi representative though. They've really done great pushing their Xpower but they gotta somewhat speak with regards to our overclocking community.

Turkey Man
    As a legitimate competitor in all competitions i have participated, this kind of thing sickens me and really throws into doubt even the global HWBot rankings.
    For how long has this disgraceful score sharing been going unchecked, and by whom? It seems Andre (#1 in the world rankings?) and possibly others are involved.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Just read thru this thread and sorry that I did for many reasons.

Skinnee I consider a friend and what I saw was bad judgement pushed by Futuremarks inability to get drivers validated and thats an old issue.
    Not defending what he did, just saying I mentally tried putting myself in his position and understand his thinking at the time.
    Cam; Coming here and spitting it all out took balls and Thank you for that.

Dinos22:
    You also know I consider you a friend but I think this is the wrong place and time for that discussion.
    Perhaps with Charles in PM might be more suitable ok?

To this mess in general I come back to money, prizes and presumed glory.
    This hobby needs these competitions but they all need to be in settings that are seen by dispassionate judges not submissions done at someones home.
    Too much $$ at state and that drives some to cheat.
    It hurts the hobby and all of us with it.
    I don't know the answers but anything won by cheating isn't a win and has no value at all.
    I'd rather come in last and know I gave it my best honest attempt than come in first by cheating.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

-_-
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    As a legitimate competitor in all competitions i have participated, this kind of thing sickens me and really throws into doubt even the global HWBot rankings.
    For how long has this disgraceful score sharing been going unchecked, and by whom? It seems Andre (#1 in the world rankings?) and possibly others are involved.
    IMO it happens much more then some people like to believe...anybody who really pays attention to the bot on a daily basis can usually spot this and other discrepancies but there is nothing that can be done without concrete evidence which is dam near impossible most of the time. I mean the league is heavily based on honesty and that only goes so far when competition is involved unfortunately. It is only the very rare instances such as the present one where solid evidence is actually there.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    I'll add my name to this elpida graveyard as soon I even think about running 32M. (yes, the thought is enough)

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y. View Post
    IMO it happens much more then some people like to believe...anybody who really pays attention to the bot on a daily basis can usually spot this and other discrepancies but there is nothing that can be done without concrete evidence which is dam near impossible most of the time. I mean the league is heavily based on honesty and that only goes so far when competition is involved unfortunately. It is only the very rare instances such as the present one where solid evidence is actually there.....
    +1

I'll give my opinion.
    Lose many hours and money in a country where hardware and technology is very difficult to get, for people making impressive results deceitful and worthless, and worse yet, share ( or sell) it.
    The community of overclockers do not need this kind of people.
    Furthermore, I believe that light punishments, incentives are up to the cheaters, because they know that the penalty is light.
    Only with exemplary punishment, ie, removing cheaters from our community forever, will not appear new cheaters and only honest people will participate in our community.
    I know it's hard, but for me, once cheater, always cheater ... and more .... if you cheated and was once discovered, may have cheated many times without anyone knowing.
    Buy/sell score = cheat; change codec = cheat; photoshop = cheat....is all the same...cheat is cheat.
    This is my opinion and I know I have this right ... and I say this clearly to everyone because I have never made any such dishonesty and I know I'll never do.
    Light punishment = more cheaters in the community

Sorry the broken english...i hope you understand me

Xtreme Addict
    Wow what a shameful mess...
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

MSI is aware and I spoke with taiwan for some time today, they will look at the facts over the next few days.
    The offenders were removed from the contest this morning.

As Tim pointed out that there is a huge problem of ignoring bad submissions at hwbot even though we all see whats going on.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbuass View Post
    +1
    I did write this in a Bot...

I'll give my opinion.
    Lose many hours and money in a country where hardware and technology is very difficult to get, for people making impressive results deceitful and worthless, and worse yet, share ( or sell) it.
    The community of overclockers do not need this kind of people.
    Furthermore, I believe that light punishments, incentives are up to the cheaters, because they know that the penalty is light.
    Only with exemplary punishment, ie, removing cheaters from our community forever, will not appear new cheaters and only honest people will participate in our community.
    I know it's hard, but for me, once cheater, always cheater ... and more .... if you cheated and was once discovered, may have cheated many times without anyone knowing.
    Buy/sell score = cheat; change codec = cheat; photoshop = cheat....is all the same...cheat is cheat.
    This is my opinion and I know I have this right ... and I say this clearly to everyone because I have never made any such dishonesty and I know I'll never do.
    Light punishment = more cheaters in the community
    My heart tells me that the only way you guys who compete can control this is to demand that anyone caught cheating be removed for life from any competition.
    That's harsh but what we're talking about is honor here and money and glory be damned.
    If the companies that are running these competitions won't comply with that then you guys get together and refuse to enter those competitions.
    Then go public and state why you are refusing to enter.
    The companies will hear that trust me.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Legend
    I hear ya Dave

Removed for life....that's a bit harsh though. Surely there are more gentlemanly ways to deal with issues like this. I can understand repeat offenders pulling off the same tricks getting the ban hammer like OPB did but I would not put Andre and whoever else seems to be part of this into the same basket.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    I must say.... NOW I understand why benching competitively today is not the same as 2002.

"cheating" in 2002 meant using Win2K or setting priority levels, LOD or running tests out of order...

Today... people are using reg hacks or worse and who knows what...

the fun of benching seems to be gone.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    I hear ya Dave

Removed for life....that's a bit harsh though. Surely there are more gentlemanly ways to deal with issues like this. I can understand repeat offenders pulling off the same tricks getting the ban hammer like OPB did but I would not put Andre and whoever else seems to be part of this into the same basket.
    I gave my opinion because I feel deeply affected by this type of attitude.
    I have no easily PC parts and conditions as some "cheaters", that have lots of hardware; I have no sponsorship or support (some members here know me and know that I live a simple life); I do OC by passion and a liter of LN2 spent about U$ 6 in Brazil, to have to be passed by someone who cheated.
    I understand your way of thinking, but I think differently.
    I think the Dodgers should have thought of the punishment before they had done the cheating.
    One question...
    If no one had discovered the cheat, the cheaters would apologize in public or in their homes would be celebrating your results?
    I spent more than i can to get the equipment to participate to LOOC (ES isn t allowed) , and stayed late into the night to be exceeded few minutes before deadline (third in the competition).
    While missing a few seconds, I was overtaken by cheating.
    Nothing can pay for two days of disappointment I did have
    Nothing can afford the effort that a honest competitor with honest results (talking about all honest benchers) and his misfortune of losing their fair result to a cheater
    Therefore, I accept the way of people thinking diferent than me.
    I think nobody will miss cheaters and if XS and hwbot input a hard and exemplar punishment, never more we will have another case like this.
    But this is the way I think
    Hard punishment = very few cheaters (or, i hope, no cheaters)
    Light punishment = many more cheaters
    I think nobody here miss OPB
    Last edited by rbuass; 07-21-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Xtreme Addict

Punishment

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    I hear ya Dave

If HWbot.org wanna do justice and be coherent they will use the same punishment as they did for these guys:
    http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8223&page=2

Erase all submissions and points plus 1 year ban...
    //RETIRED-o00o--°(_)°--o00o-OVERCLOCKER//

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    If HWbot.org wanna do justice and be coherent they will use the same punishment as they did for these guys:
    http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8223&page=2

Erase all submissions and points plus 1 year ban...
    Vergonha né bro...ainda bem que a gente tá fora dessa

Brazilian comments
    I think 1 year is a very light punishment...but...its not my decision

Xtreme Member
    OMG!!! Shameful indeed, luckily my 980X died half way through the competition and that 1 was the limit of my purchasing power, as rbuass said, we are simply passionate about overclocking with no deep pockets, for this type of cheating At the Least Andre shud be banned from XS and hwbot.......he already has wreaked havok in this hobby of ours, we never needed this type of blow further from him........
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    so msi is awarding msi sponsored individuals participating in an msi event...where everyone is invited?

whats the prize for buying a board and trying to compete against sponsored individuals?
    Mike probably buys more hardware than most I know.

Dinos and Fugger cut the crap before I have Dave ban you both.... Oh crap hes not an admin anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Member
    I'll be even more disgusted if this isn't dealt with accordingly. Big name, small name, no name, this is a bunch MORE smelly arse horsecrap in addition to the other smelly crap thats been going on.

Respect for the ownership of your mis-judgement skinee.

Hi eveyone
    Well, i wanted to wait andre post here for first or answer my pm on msn
    but couldn't keep it,during the computex this year i heard ppl have some discusion about me, anything started in there with UNFAIR group results, bench with friends hardware, i lost myself in there, i was in top10 and i touched top5 in aprile with my hardware and cpus.
    i checked XS last week and i see futuremark make this contest, bought the board and killed it, it was all to kill first place score witch i couldn't see and let it stay in top. i really couldn't go for MOA it was just to kill that score, then andre shared it with me on my request, but why you shared it with other 4 or 5 ?

I am going to delete all my GROUP scores and ES(the first must be delete) , UNFAIR results from hwbot
    i'll go to top20 maybe but who care, i'll back a day and start again bench like a real overclocker.

that's all guys
    Last edited by hiwa; 07-21-2010 at 11:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtreme Legend
    hiwa that was very poor judgment on your part and i hope you will learn form your mistake and never repeat it again. Thanks for setting the record straight
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

¿
    Quote Originally Posted by hiwa View Post
    Hi eveyone
    Well, i wanted to wait andre post here for first or answer my pm on msn
    but couldn't keep it,during the computex this year i heard ppl have some discusion about me, anything started in there with UNFAIR group results, bench with friends hardware, i lost myself in there, i was in top10 and i touched top5 in aprile with my hardware and cpus.
    i checked XS last week and i see futuremark make this contest, bought the board and killed it, it was all to kill first place score witch i couldn't see and let it stay in top. i really couldn't go for MOA it was just to kill that score, then andre shared it with me on my request, but why you shared it with other 4 or 5 ?
    Guys becareful with who you are chatting, andre seems a good friends for me but he wasn't. no, he Killed myself, he make me a SUCK UNFAIR overclocker.

I am going to delete all my GROUP scores and ES(the first must be delete) , UNFAIR results from hwbot
    i'll go to top20 maybe but who care, i'll back a day and start again bench like a real overclocker.

that's all guys
    You asked him for a result file and he gave you one which you used...and he's the bad guy? Interesting viewpoint

Quote Originally Posted by G H Z View Post
    You asked him for a result file and he gave you one which you used...and he's the bad guy? Interesting viewpoint
    no he isn't i never said he is bad GHZ, he make score for me, but he shared with other 3 persons with no reason. it's very strange to me sorry for my english i didn't want say that.

i am not angry with andre, it was my fault not andre he gave me result on my request.

i edited my old post it wasn't what i wanted to say
    Last edited by hiwa; 07-21-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Turkey Man
    hiwa, did you and andre work on that result together at computex as a team? or did he make the result and just give it to you?

Thanks for letting us know the source of the scores

I doubt we will hear from Afrotweaker and Xfastest is the fourth one removed.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Guru
    what a shame, best of the best goneee

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Turkey Man
    who is best of the best that you say is gone?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    It is not about coming clean, I choose not to share the registry settings.... err I used magic.

I can't find the emoticon for sarcastic clapping. Is there any?
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast