Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Futuremark's Lords of Overclocking 2010

Champion
    Thanks but it was just an aircooling practice, nothing serious

Are you coming to GOOC in July?
    Born to lose, live to win!

Matose
    nope I was coming to Spain but I had a training at Greece at same week, may be at nex competiton we will have chance to have a beer together

Week 1

Here are the top scores from registered users after week 1:
    Lords of Europe

1. Matose - 33309 3DMarks
    2. Memet Can Tosuner - 31330 3DMarks
    3. Mean Machine - 30411 3DMarks

Lords of America

1. Bob Kasischke - 16639 3DMarks
    2. ben - 16115 3DMarks
    3. shoesbuttback55 - 14805 3DMarks

Note: there were higher eligible scores from unregistered users. These results are subject to change if we still get those users identified and results linked to the users' accounts. If you submitted a higher score meeting the requirements from America during week 1, please email pasi (at) futuremark.com with details.
    Lords of Asia

1. Ekky - 41414 3DMarks
    2. Andre_ysl - 39475 3DMarks
    3. Della Ardhia Jauhari - 36778 3DMarks

Note that due to the rules concerning prizes, the final distribution of prizes can only be announced after the full four weeks of competition. All results should be considered temporary and subject to change until the four week contest finishes.

Doh, Americas just missed an easy free big bang xpower

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    I don't think anyone competing in America has an MSI X58 board

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    I don't think anyone competing in America has an MSI X58 board
    those scores can be beaten on X48, P35, P45, P55, H55, H57 boards etc....

X48, 2x HD5970, sure CPU might not be so fast, but still 20K+ = easy...
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

I am Xtreme
    someone has 4 480gtxs and an expander and an msi xpower woot

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    someone has 4 480gtxs and an expander and an msi xpower woot
    Read the rules again :-)
    Retail hardware....
    Expander is still a PR stunt, and not retail hardware... So if AndreYang considers doing that, people will call cheat.... It is not in his, MSI or our interest

So no; Not a realistic scenario

4x HD5870 or 3x GTX480

Dont even know if 4x HD5870 is possible... you need to unmount I/O plate on one and run with slim waterblock... because it is not a 7x PCI-E motherboard...
    1+3+5+7 is the normal for using 4 graphics...
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

Wpprriimmee crrraaazzzyyy
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Dont even know if 4x HD5870 is possible... you need to unmount I/O plate on one and run with slim waterblock... because it is not a 7x PCI-E motherboard...
    A Tek9 slim would suffice as well.
    Heatware

Custom SS unit by Gray Mole, Sdumper Cascade, K|ngp|n F1 Gemnni, TEK9 Fatboy, TEK9 Slim, NB-1, H2O stuff...
    Celeron 347, Celeron 356, Celeron 420, 2x P4 631, P4 670, P4 640, P4 651, P4 524, PD 915, P4 540J, 2x P4 530J, P4 520J Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB DDR2-8500 2x Asus REX X48, Gigabyte EP45-UD3P rev 1.0, Asus Commando P965,
    Stuff I used to have:
    Asus RIIIE X58, Evga Classified P55, Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR, i5 670, E8600, Q9650, Q9550, , 3x2GB Mushkin Redline 2000C8,, G.Skill 2x2GB PC9600(Silver), Evga Evbot
    XFX 4770 modded, XFX 7950GT, XFX 6600GT, Evga 8600GTS 512MB, 3850 OC, 4x 3870s, and X600

"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant." - James Stewart

I am Xtreme
    Read the rules again :-)
    Retail hardware....
    Expander is still a PR stunt, and not retail hardware... So if AndreYang considers doing that, people will call cheat.... It is not in his, MSI or our interest

So no; Not a realistic scenario

4x HD5870 or 3x GTX480

you're right

Turkey Man
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    3) The "Gigabyte" motherboard only rule was ridiculous, sorry.
    For the time at least the best extreme overclocking X58 motherboard is the eVGA Classified by far ( hopefully the Rampage III Extreme will be at least on par ), and most overclockers received or paid lots of money to get it, and won't or mostly can't spend 300$ on a gigabyte motherboard which will be used just once for the contest.
    If you want extreme overclockers and overclockers in general to buy your board, get a decent board out already ( hopefully the X58A-UD9 will be it ), don't try to sell hw via contests.
    I'd rather see you saying "Please support us & the competition by buying and using a gigabyte motherboard" than "Gigabyte motherboard only" ( and at the same time expect to see lots of people participating )
    Can we expect a similar loud-mouthed criticism of this competition also Bill?
    Or is that reserved for only Gigabyte....

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    No, he already said this in the HWBOT thread:

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Once again they fail to provide the overclockers with clear instructions/requirements list

Single-GPU only ? Multi-GPU ?
    And the MSI mobo only limitation... well... it sucks.
    Well ... agreed ... not really as loud as with GBT/
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I guess Pieter answered the question for you.
    By the way you need to calm down, and realize that I'm not an anti-Gigabytist

I don't give a flying f* about which company it is, whenever they do something stupid I will be calling the shots.
    If you don't like it Tim, it's not my problem.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    lol you guys backed by "the man" fight nice now

Turkey Man
    I know mate, i just didn't like to see quite vocal abuse of one (who in my eyes do a great job of running numerous competitions) in forums and website without the same lambasting of the others.
    My opinion on the topic is it makes absolute sense for a company to restrict hardware to their own, otherwise what the hell would be the point of the competition for them? (and hence there would not be any competitions at all).
    Last edited by T_M; 06-29-2010 at 02:35 AM.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    those scores can be beaten on X48, P35, P45, P55, H55, H57 boards etc....

X48, 2x HD5970, sure CPU might not be so fast, but still 20K+ = easy...
    That would involve actually owning an MSI motherboard I may spring for one if I get to feeling stupid

FFS can we just drop it?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matose View Post
    I think this rule is useless, because it has been demonstrated that binned retails can be as good as (if not better) the ES
    Really useless ?????? Well until i see more than 2 retails coming on par with ES i think this rules needs to stay, me and friends hae been binning 3005F720 and so far none come close to Andre or bench bro's cpu's.

I am Xtreme
    intel handpicks are welll godly

Quote Originally Posted by uncle fester View Post
    Really useless ?????? Well until i see more than 2 retails coming on par with ES i think this rules needs to stay, me and friends hae been binning 3005F720 and so far none come close to Andre or bench bro's cpu's.
    Did u test XX chips like andre? benchBros were lucky with that chips
    F are rock but F... Fragile (FF) , if you really want to bench forget F, my chip benched 30 minuts +6600, next day vga under ln2, i was ready to kill andre and FF WTH... the latest one will be test next week if die i will back to the ES chips as i no have 100k to spend for intel.

i hope to win Xpower somewhere and try this contest
    if we want ENJOY/JOIN a contest we need 3 X GBT boards + 3 X MSI boards

Hiwa
    Last edited by hiwa; 06-30-2010 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hiwa View Post
    F are rock but F... Fragile (FF) , if you really want to bench forget F, my chip benched 30 minuts +6600, next day vga under ln2, i was ready to kill andre and FF WTH... the latest one will be test next week if die i will back to the ES chips as i no have 100k to spend for intel.

Hiwa
    6600 3d and it died? Man that's got to make your heart totally sink into your stomach.

Xtreme Member

Hiwa
    between me and friends binned a total of 6 3005F720 i have 2 more at home to test this weekend so far not so good.

Champion
    And do you think every A0 ES clocks like crazy? I played with 2-3 pieces and all were average.... Binning plays a very important role
    Born to lose, live to win!

Admin

Hiwa
    As Andre would say, F(F) means CPU dead

Personally I tried one retail randomly, it's a 3003B466, and it does 3D just shy of 6.3ghz without too much trouble...I think that's better than the average a0. It's all about luck and quantity to rule luck out as a factor.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matose View Post
    And do you think every A0 ES clocks like crazy? I played with 2-3 pieces and all were average.... Binning plays a very important role
    I know not every A0 clocks like crazy ive had 3 of them, All dead now. seeing as i dont have 12000+ to bin cpu's im doing my best buying 2 at a time testing and reselling as fast as possible. so far fastest retail has been 3003B396.

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle fester View Post
    Sorry to be harsh on you mister;
    But open your eyes, then you will see a heck of alot more then 2
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Member
    Really well you must be the master know it all, please show another chip doing 6.6ghz + 3d and 6.8ghz spi ???? please show me the results certainly are not on the bot.

And sorry to be harsh ???? what showing decent respect isn't in your personality or do you make yourself feel better trying to make others looks stupid ????

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast