Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Futuremark's Lords of Overclocking 2010

Brotherhood
    Congcrat all Winner....

Quote Originally Posted by steponz View Post
    To all the dead chips.... I lost 2 boards, 1 core on my pifast chip.. I think also 1GTX2..... losing hardware just sucks....
    not only you kill that chip....I have kill 4 pcs 980XE I just luck get best chip back from RMA .... 2 GTX 480 die that why I move run with HD 5870...

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    We lost my 3005F671 due to a bit of condensation... Glad that it served us well before it went to the CPU afterlife

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Seems Futuremark discovered result sharing for the top two results in Europe and disqualified these two results. ryba seems to be the new champ, hats off to him (even though he's banned).
    I KNOW MASSMAN DISLIKES YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    yo yo... man, you gotta lose the beard... you look like a drunk :P
    Competition ranking: Better than the danes in everything I've ever entered.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
    Seems Futuremark discovered result sharing for the top two results in Europe and disqualified these two results. ryba seems to be the new champ, hats off to him (even though he's banned).
    Yes ,changed sorting.
    Liquid Nitrogen -196c
    THE POWER

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by EXPANDER View Post
    Yes ,changed sorting.
    what do you mean?

even skinnee for NA is not there

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    what do you mean?

even skinnee for NA is not there
    Ask Futuremark needed !
    Liquid Nitrogen -196c
    THE POWER

PI in the face
    lol so what the hell happend?
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Colombian OCer
    I think thats Why HWBot Update their rules about Score sell/buy, seems some ppl shared their scores, i ask FM about my prize for week 3 and got this Info:
    Hey,

We still have an active investigation to the validity of some of the results, so we haven't been able to confirm all final results yet.

This should be resolved by the end of this week and then you should here details about the prizes from the sponsors.

Each sponsor will take care of sending prizes individually, so I can't offer more details about the shipping at this point.

- P

Sebastián Campos wrote:

Hi Pasi,

The Futuremark LOOC finished 2 days ago, and we dont have oficila Info yet, its sad my score was not higher enough but is ok at least i won a the prize of week 3 :P, son when the sponsor will ask for our details for Shipment?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by e-Killer; 07-21-2010 at 11:48 AM.
    MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 Latam Champion / Gigabyte GOOC 2010 Latin America finals Champion

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzan View Post
    Congcrat all Winner....

not only you kill that chip....I have kill 4 pcs 980XE I just luck get best chip back from RMA .... 2 GTX 480 die that why I move run with HD 5870...
    That chip you received was from RMA?????

Oh man... I am soooo envious....lol...

My 5 core chip still clocks pretty well.. without much effort I could get it up to 6.4ghz.. no prob.. sucks though because I could only HT for 10 threads... Who knows if it will last though..... If I only had a good MSI board... lol

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So who allegedly did what?

Xtreme Member
    Why do people do this crap.. just play fair...

Champion
    I'm sure that ryba is very glad.
    We lost by so little in Paris .... now we will have another chance at Taipei WF ;]
    i5 750 / MSI P55-GD65 / 2x2GB Kingston HyperX / HD5770 1GB / X-FI Platinum / Samsung 640GB i 1TB / Antec Signature 850W /
    Win7 x64 happy user :>

Champion
    Woah! Very interesting news -)
    When should we expect the final Futuremark & MSI verdict?

Never go full retard
    I want to get my side of this whole situation out in the open…

Vapor was in town for some lab projects we have going on and I talked him into benching with me to qualify for MOA. We had a 160L tank of LN2, XPower boards and Ryan’s (GoatEater) untested chip. I setup the OS, drivers and applications and used the 197.75 drivers… I knew FM always lagged behind approving drivers and figured they hadn’t approved the 257.xx drivers yet.

Wednesday and most of Thursday we spent testing a few kits of RAM, how to clock the uncore on the XPower, and so on… Thursday night we went cold. We benched 480’s in SLI with the 197.75 drivers. And as you can see from the ORB links and screenshots (run 1 ORB / run 1 HWbot, run 2 ORB / run 2 HWbot) we did well with the 480’s and Ryan’s chip was pretty good, but the 197.75 drivers were not FM approved and we later validated that FM QA did not even test those drivers.

So, I have the score to be in second, but my driver choice means the entry cannot be used in the contest and the 480’s are pretty much tapped out score wise. I called in a favor to a buddy here in the Twin Cities to borrow his 5970 and 5870 to go higher in score.

Friday night we tossed the ATI cards on and benched for 7+ hours on Ryan’s chip. During the long session we achieved four scores above 43k and ended up having condensation issues and killing Ryan’s chip early Saturday morning as we were pushing for over 44k.

Saturday afternoon I finally uploaded the scores to ORB and did not even try to make them public at first as I wanted to hold out as long as possible to see what other scores were posted on the leaderboard, but I finally caved and tried to make the lowest score public and it would not go. Here are the screen shots and 3dr files from the Friday night session…

43023 SS / 43023 3DR

43474 SS / 43474 3DR

43553 3DR

43912 3DR

I emailed Pasi at FM and posted in the thread on the FM forums regarding the problem of the scores just not wanting to go Public. During the bench session we renamed 3DMark06.exe to 3DMark05.exe. In pretesting, we observed the score was not very consistent and renaming seemed to improve the consistency and therefore improved the average score slightly, by 50-100 points. Peak scores were unchanged, but low scores weren’t cropping up.

Since we were having problems with the results and had not received any word from FM, we switched over to another 980X and started benching again on Sunday night. However, we were still waiting on FM’s reply to see if they could resolve the ‘Make Public’ issue with the four 43+k ATI results I had uploaded. We ran out of LN2 around 2:00AM Central Time and did not beat our previous high score of 43912 from Friday night/Saturday morning.

We decided to wait up for FM’s reply to see if they could resolve the problem with the results. A few hours before the deadline, an offer came in from Andre for a valid score to secure the 2nd place spot… and out of desperation I took it. In the meantime, Pasi emailed back saying he looked at the results I uploaded previously and saw the the .exe was renamed, which made the checksum invalid and according to FM policy you cannot rename files (modifying the .dlls and .exes at all is forbidden). I uploaded the score from Andre, made it public and notified Pasi of the new project ID to be included in the contest.

The score I uploaded from Andre was pulled as you already know. Taking the 3dr file and uploading it as my own was a complete dumbass move. I exchanged several emails with FM this morning regarding the matter, to which I openly admitted to using Andre’s score as my own.

Regardless of my own stupidity, I want to congratulate the winners and wish them the best of luck in Taipei for the finals.
    Last edited by skinnee; 07-21-2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: 197.75 not 197.71

¿
    Rather sad turn of events. While I don't condone using someone else's result skinee I appreciate the fact you are man enough to come here and tell the whole story.

So if I read this right, Andre shared scores with 3 of the top winners?

This is not the first time from Andre to hand off scores (cheat).

Last edited by Charles Wirth; 07-21-2010 at 02:39 PM.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Legend
    Vapor should have known better than you can't validate scores with renamed files.
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    no competition if you share benchmark results and claim them as yours...

oc community is not happy

Xtreme XIP

Unhappy

Xtreme Addict
    That's just sad Selling scores? I mean, what the hell is going on nowadays in the overclocking community...
    Thanks for clearing this up skinnee, props to you for admitting it!

Champion
    I stayed up all night without being able to believe that he would win with the GTX480, but few minutes before the time runs out, went to third.
    Never accepted any result from nobody...
    But come here and admit this huge error is a dignified attitude.
    What is disgraceful is a person like Andre Yang, who has excellent knowledge and great condition of have lots of top hardware, just having that attitude.
    Not because he is "Andre Yang", which has many points, but not in competitions alive, but it does online, which can soil the image of a competition.
    Unlike people like Hipro, Fugger, Shamino, Kingpin, etc ... that make spectacular scores and share knowledge and do not share (or sell) results.
    regrettable.
    Last edited by rbuass; 07-21-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Turkey Man
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    So if I read this right, Andre shared scores with 3 of the top winners?

This is not the first time from Andre to hand off scores (cheat).

Will there be any consequence here at XS for these XIPs?

Xtreme Legend
    Fugger would be under scrutiny for his own actions in last year's GOOC World Wide Final too..........this would dig up some serious skeletons from the past i think if Andre was to be singled out

not that i am being an Andre apologist...that was stupid of him
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Scrutiny for? I did not share scores, never have and never will.

I am still looking at all the facts. We know that Hiwa and Andre were benching but that may have been bs, no way to confirm other than he stated such.

Skinnee/Hiwa/goat/afro?? will be banned for an as of yet undetermined duration, Andre will receive something a bit more suitable to offense against the benchers. I am asking a few in MSN and surprised of answers.

Dinos enough nonsense, stay on topic please. I won GOOC per the rules with you standing next to me

Who was the fourth score removed?
    Last edited by Charles Wirth; 07-21-2010 at 05:54 PM.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Member
    My eyes are now open.

If this sort of thing is rampant there is a silver lining:

Fewer people than I thought actually have scores better than mine.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast