Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: XFX at it again; Warranty Denial.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCspecV81 View Post
    RMA is still open and still in progress of getting resolved. I think it's been open for a year now. I was invited out by XFX but life has kept me away. That, and the possibility of getting assassinated by XFX henchmen.
    So they deny your rma, but invite you to come out?

Something doesn't add up. Maybe your choice of words is wrong.

They either accept or deny the RMA. What is taking so long?

Hurry up and get your butt out there to bring closure to this. Surely, you can afford to miss 1 night.

Xtreme Member
    Update on my issue which I touched about in this thread. I'm happy with how my interaction with their support and my RMA's worked out. It did end up costing me over $20 but seeing how I got a sidegrade from a 4890 to a 5830 and didn't have to buy a new gaming card, I would say it was a good experience. I've had my new 5830 chugging away, even doing folding@home (while overclocked to 900mhz on the core) and all good so far.

So even though I had to go through 2 RMA's (original 4890 went bad, they sent me a replacement, which also was bad, then finally sent me a working 5830), the overall experience was good. In the future I will definitely considering going XFX again, you can't beat a lifetime warranty if you are a gamer that isn't upgrading graphics cards 3 times a year.

my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Swiftdeathz; 05-07-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Intel i5 3570k || Sapphire HD 7870 OC CrossFireX || Asrock Z77 Extreme4 || 8GB DDR3 G.SKILL || Seasonic X750
    Intel Core2Duo E8400 || PowerColor HD 5450 || Gigabyte P35-DS3L || 4GB DDR2 G.SKILL || Enermax 431W

my god! after i read this thread i don't know now where to buy AMD GPU that has lifetime warranty (as what I know only XFX Top of the line brand AMD GPUs who offer Double lifetime warranty) , it seems to be my last option brand to choose is Nvidia/EVGA but i don't like Nvidia GPUs.

I can't say I've had a bad experience with XFX as my 5870 XXX died and I had to RMA it. They gave me a replacement card (updated from reference design). Knock on wood that it doesn't crap out but so far so good.

Good luck to OP and anyone else that has to deal with RMA woes.
    Intel Core i7 970 | Corsair H50 + 2x SFF21E | Asus P6X58D-E | 24GB Patriot ViperII Series 7 DDR3-1600 | Seasonic X650W | 4x Samsung PM800 128GB SSD | XFX HD5870 XXX | Lian-Li PC-A05N | M-Audio Firewire 410 | BenQ FP241W

Xtreme Member
    The internet - For every one customer that shouts and complains there's hundreds of satisfied ones that don't say a word.

I am Addicted!
    Quote Originally Posted by homefry View Post
    So they deny your rma, but invite you to come out?

Something doesn't add up. Maybe your choice of words is wrong.

They either accept or deny the RMA. What is taking so long?

Hurry up and get your butt out there to bring closure to this. Surely, you can afford to miss 1 night.
    You guys need to go back a few pages to last year. He was denied and he sent more messages back to XFX.

He then got a reply back from a rep stating that they have a RMA procedure they have to follow and they would give him an all expense paid trip to visit and see how the process works. there was to be more communications to work out the finer details of his RMA

After this he was not sure what he wanted to do and that was the end of it till his recent update.

It has been about a yr since this thread started with no outcome. Kind of strange and definitely a horrible experience for the OP.

I am very leary of XFX products now because of this thread and some of the other posts about horrible turn around times from other members.
    Guess this is what happens when a certain company offers lifetime warranty

Wish the OP best of luck and I cannot believe this has been drug out for a yr; thats just insane
    XTREMESupercomputer: Phase 2
    Live up to your name - May 1 - 8
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456