Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: I3 530 @ 6.88GHz with the unbelievable Giga H55M-UD2H

Champion
    Yo...Dun you guys know my buddy Chew had given me sooo much pressure in the 800 Contest. Competing with the world's best of the best ain't no kidding, man!

Because of this contest, Chew's 1090T & UD7 died + my UD5 died & my hand twisted. It's not a matter of winning or losing. It's about trying our very best to participate in this kind of constructive activity.

Trans am, thx for your understanding.
    I wish I could do some bass fishing ..just like the good old days in Vancouver/Seattle
    I'm glad you've had a 360+ mhz gain with this mobo
    Last edited by Mad222; 07-25-2010 at 12:02 AM.
    A qualified amateur has been poisoned by LN2 & soon be killed

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad222 View Post
    Yo...Dun you guys know my buddy Chew had given me sooo much pressure in the 800 Contest. Competing with the world's best of the best ain't no kidding, man!

Because of this contest, Chew's 1090T & UD7 died + my UD5 died & my hand twisted. It's not a matter of winning or losing. It's about trying our very best to participate in this kind of constructive activity.

Trans am, thx for your understanding.
    I wish I could do some bass fishing ..just like the good old days in Vancouver/Seattle
    I'm glad you've had a 360+ mhz gain with this mobo

oh mad wtf you twisted your wrist? how did you do that man?
    well if you ever come to NY i'll take you bass fishing in maine. If Im not ocing, im fishing!
    fyi this goddamn board is so RAD! I'm kicking ass on this thing!
    check this out!

my last best score with this i5 660 was about 5.4ghz on. maximus III formula even with the mod. http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...660_5448.3_mhz

heres my latest submission on this board:
    http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...660_6075.2_mhz

+627mhz!!

http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/...tab=2drankings

FYI

I put this 660 on ebay and it sold for about 112.00. I paid 200 for this chip. the winner had the audacity to accuse me of selling him a faulty cpu and tells me he cant load windows 7. so I tell him if it posts its not the cpu; a faulty cpu will not even post. so I tell him to send it back and I'll give him a refund. in the meantime I ordered a h55-ud2h from newegg. my highest with this cpu before listing on ebay was about 5.4ghz. so I tried it again when I got it back from this guy. (it posted 1st try btw.)

so here we are. I feel like sending that idiot these results because he was sitting on a decent cpu. heres the ebay link...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

I love this board!

@gigabyte ...please make more like this one! my fav clarksadale board to date.

PS. I hated gigabyte for years and swore I would never buy another one as long as I lived. thanks to MAD222 for turning me onto this board.
    I wouldnt have bought it if you never made this thread
    Last edited by trans am; 08-05-2010 at 05:35 AM.

Champion
    By lefting up the 50L LN2 container....damn!

It sounds good to do some bass fishing in NY & buy a 4G iPhone in 1st ave ...I like fly fishing & the Japanese type of salt water fishing too

I just met a new friend "Ivanqu" from China last weekend. That guy knows lots of nice batches of Intel CPUs. By treating him a delicious dinner, he told me some good batches of intel & ways to find them...

For P55 boards, Hicookie made a damn good job demonstrating its' performance/efficiency.

The mini itx H55N is the next one I'll try. That one is good too I supposed as Dino has shown its' strenght.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=253539

Hey...keep kicking asses, Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    oh mad wtf you twisted your wrist? how did you do that man?
    well if you ever come to NY i'll take you bass fishing in maine. If Im not ocing, im fishing!
    fyi this goddamn board is so RAD! I'm kicking ass on this thing!
    check this out!

Xtreme Guru
    By lefting up the 50L LN2 container....damn!

It sounds good to do some bass fishing in NY & buy a 4G iPhone in 1st ave ...I like fly fishing & the Japanese type of salt water fishing too

I just met a new friend "Ivanqu" from China last weekend. That guy knows lots of nice batches of Intel CPUs. By treating him a delicious dinner, he told me some good batches of intel & ways to find them...

For P55 boards, Hicookie made a damn good job demonstrating its' performance/efficiency.

The mini itx H55N is the next one I'll try. That one is good too I supposed as Dino has shown its' strenght.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=253539

Hey...keep kicking asses, Bro!
    MAd, thats cool you took him to dinner. ivanqu is pretty rad! he's one of pioneers of clarksdales. good to hear have some good company over there! I checked out that container you have but so expensive. Does it really make a big difference? I have 2 containers. one is a homemade container made of copper. its very tall. The other one is the koolance v2. I feel like I run into cold bugs before I ever come close to maxing the temperature out. what I really need to buy is a new temp meter. This uei dt200 is really starting to show its age.
    I never have the patience to wait for the pressure to build up the 1st night after filling so I end up dumping it into a pitcher and then into a thermos. but its a little risky when the beers get into the equation.
    I'm kinda bummed now cause Ive had so much fun on this board and I've rebenched my 3 clarks I have left and I think I can squeeze a few more mhz out of the 655k. I had a tiny bit of ln2 left so last night I took the 660 out and reinsulated with the 655k in there.
    I didnt have a lot of juice left so I just went for it! and hit the juice right away! btw Im still using that beta bios as it allows my voltage to change with the gigabyte

heres the 655k from last night with all cores and HT enabled.
    http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...5k_6336.83_mhz

top rankings cpuz 655k

my previous submission was 5.9ghz on max III formula
    http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...5k_5996.75_mhz

+340mhz gain

i gotta long way to get up to dinos's 655k@ 6.7ghz. crazy aussies!
    Last edited by trans am; 07-28-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Banned
    amazing thread, i have to say

Champion
    I just dun understand why they're selling those containers at that price...too expensive. However, it does its' job presrving the LN2 well though
    Homemade copper one...wow! How did you do it?
    For thermometer, I use this one (around USD50 inculding delivery) : http://www.uni-trend.com/UT325.html
    I checked out that container you have but so expensive. Does it really make a big difference? I have 2 containers. one is a homemade container made of copper. its very tall. The other one is the koolance v2. what I really need to buy is a new temp meter.

Ouch, Dino knocked Coolaler down...!
    top rankings cpuz 655k

my previous submission was 5.9ghz on max III formula
    http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...5k_5996.75_mhz

+340mhz gain

i gotta long way to get up to dinos's 655k@ 6.7ghz. crazy aussies!

Xtreme Member
    Hey mad, do you have a CB on your CPU's?

@trans am
    I would have used the stock photo dude, that thing looks beat to in the ebay listing. LOL. (=
    Last edited by OverShocked; 07-28-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    I just dun understand why they're selling those containers at that price...too expensive. However, it does its' job presrving the LN2 well though
    Homemade copper one...wow! How did you do it?
    For thermometer, I use this one (around USD50 inculding delivery) : http://www.uni-trend.com/UT325.html
    Yeah the copper one is rad. I dont have the skills or welding equipment to make my own. it was on ebay and someone posted it in the xs online deals section a few years back and I won the auction.
    I wish I started with dice/ln2 a lot sooner. Ive been overclocking since northwood p5b800 dlx /bh5 days but only recently i've started getting ln2 on a weekly basis and making submissions. I wish I could go back to all those old boards and cpus with the ln2.
    I knew them inside and out but was just so limited to air watercooling. I just didnt have the balls then and was too scared of breaking something or hurting myself. argh... if I only knew how safe and accessible ln2 and dice is. i mean if you insulate well and dont get too drunk its totally safe. you can see how frustrated I am now after overclocking since 2003 and i'm just now getting really into the heavy stuff. playing catch up sux!

Quote Originally Posted by OverShocked View Post

@trans am
    I would have used the stock photo dude, that thing looks beat to in the ebay listing. LOL. (=
    Yeah I know.. that 660 has been good to me as beat up as it is I think it was meant to be. If he didnt send it back I never wouldve seen its true potential.

on another note I scored this baby today!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190408781100

how did I do?
    Last edited by trans am; 07-29-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Colombian OCer
    guys what do you think about H55M-USB3 ?
    MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 Latam Champion / Gigabyte GOOC 2010 Latin America finals Champion

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by e-Killer View Post
    I had a h55m-usb3 before the ud2h. it was a good board at the time and with the mod still never came close to the bclk on the ud2h... its not even in the same league. I wouldnt even consider that board knowing that the ud2h exists and costs the same. The only thing I can really think of that I liked better about the h55m-usb3 was the onboard buttons (reset/power on) and the cmos jumper was in a better spot. The cmos jumper on the ud2h sits right at the end of the 1st pcix x16 slot so if you have a long vga card it gets in the way. if you're benching hard and trying different settings and need to clear it you should definitely rig some wires on there so you can clear it easier without removing the vga card. I rigged these spring retention hook wires that came with my voltmeter. they really came in handy with this board. also a little power button cable and maybe a speaker for the post beeps and youre all set.
    Last edited by trans am; 07-29-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Xtreme Member
    GA-H55M-S2HP

vCore: 1.45 / 1.5v
    PCH: 1.3v
    VTT: 1.45v
    GPU: 1.45v

| Core i5 2500K + NH-U12P | Gigabyte P67A UD4 | 4096MB G.Skill 1600MHz | SLi NGTX 480 M2D15 | WD 500GB Raid 0 | SevenTeam 850 Z-AF |

Champion
    You mean the 655K/875k on UD2H? Haven't tried them out yet....will do soon !
    Anything about extreme cooling, I'll ask Aaron for his advise. He's a nice guy & willing to help
    Yeah the copper one is rad. I dont have the skills or welding equipment to make my own. it was on ebay and someone posted it in the xs online deals section a few years back and I won the auction.
    Dino had a good time with this board, but Trans am wasn't quite happy with it
    Hmm....I should try one & see
    Quote Originally Posted by e-Killer View Post

Xtreme Member
    I was actually asking weather your i3 530's had CB's?

Champion
    Alright
    Only 2 530s in the picture I posted have no CB & able to reach above 6.7Ghz. Any batches other than those...no can't do !
    I was actually asking weather your i3 530's had CB's?

Xtreme Guru

Anything about extreme cooling, I'll ask Aaron for his advise. He's a nice guy & willing to help

Dino had a good time with this board, but Trans am wasn't quite happy with it
    Hmm....I should try one & see

it wasnt that I wasn't happy with it. this usb3 was out before the ud2h. at the time it was awesome and I had decent clocks on it but I tried the same cpus I benched on the usb3 and ud2h gains in clocks were night and day. so why even mess around?

Xtreme Member
    what do you think, H55m ud2h or the h55n usb3(itx)

Awsome score btw, altough i'm not sure i wanna put 1.5v+ on my 530 daily. :p
    cpu : e6850 @ 3.5ghz
    cooler : boxed
    mem : balistix 8500 @ 1000mhz 4-4-4-4
    board : asus p5k-e wifi
    graphics : 7800gtx
    harddisk : wd raptor 74gb
    dvd : nec 7173A
    dvdrw : optiarc 18x
    psu : enermax liberty 620W
    screen : dell 3007wfp hc

Wow, holy sh*t.

Is the VRM stable with high volgates?
    1) C2D E4500 | DS3P l 3Gigs RAM | BigTyphoon | HD2600XT

2) Xeon E5650@2.4GHz (1/4) | 512MB DDR3 | others |

Banned
    i've no idea for that

Xtreme Member
    Hi dear community. Excuse me for the question. Anyone can tell me about this bios F9d ? Where is it ?
    Xtrem of nothing.

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    @redratamd

why, what are you doing, i have 2 1156 boards and a Phase so I'm looking to have some fun.....

also were not big on distributed computing, any interest,.
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456