Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst 10.6 released

Xtreme Member
    BBC2 performance improves with the new profile, but still sucks compared with all the previous drivers

Xtreme Mentor
    Feedbacks are really bad with this 10.6

Getting bluescreens at windows logo when I installed without using driver sweeper after uninstall. Now after I've finally gotten the 10.6 drivers to boot I've noticed HUGE FPS drop in Napoleon Total War, booted up Rivatuner to see if crossfire was working and it seems my second core is getting used but it's not clocking to 3d clockspeeds. This is on a 4870x2 btw

The PhotoCHOPer
    No BSOD for me .. installed without driver sweeping. Just installed over top of existing. (lazy)
    Silver Bullet VII

Corsair 750D | Corsair AX 850W | Core i7 2600K | Thermalright Venomous X | Asus Maximus IV Extreme B3
    eVGA GTX680 SLI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB | Intel 530 240GB | 2 x WD RED 3TB in RAID 1 | LG BluRay | 3 x 2413WFP

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
    No BSOD for me .. installed without driver sweeping. Just installed over top of existing. (lazy)
    That's really not the lazy way but the way ATI has always intended it to be done. All that driver sweeping, rebooting, etc. is unnecessary. Have yet to have a single problem just installing over old drivers.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Crossfire profile update released for Bad Company 2.
    Smile

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humminn55 View Post
    That's really not the lazy way but the way ATI has always intended it to be done. All that driver sweeping, rebooting, etc. is unnecessary. Have yet to have a single problem just installing over old drivers.
    Correction - should be unnecessary. For those affected with the BSOD-on-install issue, it becomes very necessary.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Installed 10.6 with absolutely no problems. Everything runs fine for me.
    Rocketfish -- Core i7 920 -- Asus P6T Deluxe V2 -- XFX 5870 -- Corsair HX850 -- Corsair 6GB 1600 -- Megahalems w/ Gentle Typhoon -- G500 + Eclipse 2 -- Dell 2209WA

Xtreme Mentor
    first off all imo ati has to stop one driver every month policy and go back to we realease when it totally work policy.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision View Post
    same here
    Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.

I am Xtreme
    There is no problem with the driver itself. The problem is that if you overclock your video card it will ramp up gpu/memory from 157/300 to 400/1200, and increase the voltage from .9500V to 1.0XXV. This causes a big jump in 2D clock temps by 10C to 15C with no benefit with gpu/memory/voltages that high at 2D clocks. There are plenty who don't have any 2D problems therefore, no need for this "for everyone" fix. They need to properly code their install application to detect those with 5970, CF, 120Hz monitors and more then 1 monitor to apply that fix. Or simply put, just provide it as an option for the use to enable or disable.

Honestly, it can't be that hard for them to do.
    it is my understanding that ATI Feedback has been submitted, CatalystMaker was tweeted about it, and an alleged ATI driver developer was informed in another forum with no reply for Cat 10.6.

The only other issued was a CF performance issue with BC2 in which the driver team already released a profile fix for it over at Rage3d.
    Last edited by Eastcoasthandle; 06-19-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision View Post
    Do u have Crossfire? I wrote couple post before that i have no problems with 10.6. But after 6 hours im still having crashes and low FPS issues! Ati sucks!

I guess that Problem is with crossfire!

Xtreme Addict
    maybe y klataa.

single 5870 here, Win7 64bits, and all 3D is fine.

And i don't have bad company so i can't say about that game.

Xtreme Member

Back on 10.5 and NO ctds

I have cf.
    Pixelsmasher
    AMD PII 965 BE @ 3.8ghz
    2X ATI Saphire 5850
    Powered by Corsair TX850W
    Cpu cooling by Corsair H50
    Thermaltake Armor + MX
    Windows 7 Professional 64bit
    Atari 2600 Generation

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoasthandle View Post
    The only other issued was a CF performance issue with BC2 in which the driver team already released a profile fix for it over at Rage3d.
    Asi i said in my last post, performance in BBC2 with new profile still sucks, so we haven´t a fix yet.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    5850 CF, installed 10.6 atop 10.4, and they worked like a charm. Gratuitous increases in BC2 fps, AA actually works in that game now... However, upon restart, I get a Bsod. Whatever I do, driversweeper or not, I have BSOD on restart.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    There is no problem with the driver itself...
    Not entirely correct. The 10.6 package suffers from the obvious BSOD problem, reduced performance and continued broken textures in Quake3 engine games and some OpenGL games and various other issues.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    Not entirely correct. The 10.6 package suffers from the obvious BSOD problem, reduced performance and continued broken textures in Quake3 engine games and some OpenGL games and various other issues.
    According to my own experience it is accurate. Let's break that down:
    -BSOD: never seen this and haven't seen any well populated threads with people complaining from this problem either.
    -Reduce Performance: None, I didn't notice any performance increase nor any particular threads indicating a big complaint regarding performance problems other then BC2 (after the profile update).
    -Quake 3 and OpenGL: Seriously? No problems with that and again, no indication of the masses indicating such a problem. What I've seen is people complaining about the 2D bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Guru
    These drivers have been working for me but....

- There is no way they are stable enough for benchmarking purposes. Crossfire or no Crossfire.

- There is no way in hell I will be downloading a profile update until it is available on AMD's site. As it stands, their Game.AMD.com site doesn't have the update to the 10.6 drivers listed.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Removed everything with driver sweeper, reinstalled 10.6 and viola, everything is peachy.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    i've noticed broken textures in moh:aa which is quake3, and i'm running 10.5. do you have a link to some discussions page with more people affected by this bug?

Ryzen 9 3900X w/ NH-U14s on MSI X570 Unify
    32 GB Patriot Viper Steel 3733 CL14 (1.51v)
    RX 5700 XT w/ 2x 120mm fan mod (2 GHz)
    Tons of NVMe & SATA SSDs
    LG 27GL850 + Asus MG279Q
    Meshify C white

Quote Originally Posted by biohead View Post
    i've noticed broken textures in moh:aa which is quake3, and i'm running 10.5. do you have a link to some discussions page with more people affected by this bug?
    I have broken textures in BFBC2 with 10.5, and 10.6
    Still its drivers issue.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    According to my own experience it is accurate. Let's break that down:
    -BSOD: never seen this and haven't seen any well populated threads with people complaining from this problem either.
    Er...what? Lots of posters here complaining about it, lots of posters over at AMD forums complaining about it, Google reveals more.
    -Reduce Performance: None, I didn't notice any performance increase nor any particular threads indicating a big complaint regarding performance problems other then BC2 (after the profile update).
    AMD forums, more AMD forums, more AMD forums, more AMD forums. Google reveals more.
    -Quake 3 and OpenGL: Seriously? No problems with that and again, no indication of the masses indicating such a problem. What I've seen is people complaining about the 2D bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by biohead View Post
    The problem has existed since the OpenGL update (so in 10.5 as well). First thread, more, more, mpre, more. Plus, again, Google.
    Rig specs

Ok lets say, that my pc sucks! lets say that its my fault that i cant make my pc run propetly but how about this:
    http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/761/bfbc2game1.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/3391/bfbc2game2.jpg

its still my fault? its drivers make those textures error! in other maps is more anoying,this line going from the rilfe...
    Last edited by klataa; 06-20-2010 at 02:49 AM.

c[_]
    that "texture error" is usually due to overheating GPU or memory, or too tight memory timings for the video card...

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast