Thread: Liquid Cooling a Silverstone Ft01

Talking Liquid Cooling a Silverstone Ft01

I do not have the need for the HDD cages in the front so those are already taken out which leaves me with a considerable amount of space in the front of the case. I am trying to water cool my 17 920 and also my gtx 470. I am not going to be doing much if any overclocking of my cpu. My main concern is the GPU. I am trying to keep the noise down as well as the temps.

I am looking for suggestions on the best setup and parts that you Xtreme Members can think of for me to have an internal loop for my CPU and GPU.

Thanks in Advance.

Here are some pics of my case "not mine actually"

I do not have the drive cages in my PC. And I can find out another way to mount my HDD no problem. Also I will be using an External CD drive so that is not an issue either.
    I will be using all stock 3/8in ID fittings (1/2in OD).
    Last edited by cpuman101; 06-17-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    Start reading sticky threads with links to guides/tests/FAQs, search forum for builds with case like yours, read other build worklogs, see what components they choose, how mount them, and i doubt someone giving you ready list of components without knowing your less commonly used case specifics/fitting for LC.

I currently do not have either of the drive cages in. The 3.5 and the 5.25 drive bays are gone.
    I will take pics and post them after work.

so no quick suggestions on a layout for an internal loop?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You prob want to get one of those pump/res all in one combos because its going to be kind of tight for a large resv.. also Im not sure where you would mount it but im sure it can be done.

Xtreme Enthusiast

I am Xtreme
    You could grab a pair of PA160.1s and make a couple of shrouds for them to be used on the 180mm fans. You can't fit a 2x120mm radiator even if you remove all the drive cages. Definitely not a water cooling friendly case.