Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Magny Cours.. Finally running

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by =[PULSAR]= View Post
    Lets start the predictions...I'm saying 73k WCG PPD.
    my prediction is somewhere around 45-50k or 70k ppd, it will depend if it crunnch like my i5 750 or like a phenom II thuban.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDtung
    We overclock and crunch you to the ground

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    24 cores at ~2GHz? I'm estimating closer to 50K based on my experience with Istanbul. Glad to see the machine up and running with an OS created more recently than nine years ago.
    Based on the claim of one tiny WU that got in tonight it is showing a claim rate of 52,666 WCG points per day BUT I don't think all the cores are maxxed.
    Now the reverse is that there's a rule of thumb going back to Kentsfields of 1.1 point per day per mhz so 24x1900x1.1= 50,160 so you may be right on the mark..
    k10stat doesn't work with this.
    From what I can see thats only if you have unlocked multi's and I don't.
    Last think I can think of is get the numbers off the PLL controller and hope there's something there to work with.
    Unless someone knows someone on Asus BIOS team..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Now if only AMD would ramp up clock speeds on Opterons, ya know? WCG is already not very friendly to AMD's x86 cores. They're great at many other things however, as shown by my collection of AMD processor boxes. heh I had a 9800, then a 940, then a 955, then dual Opteron 2427s, a 1055T, and a 1090T. My latest and only Intel system is an E8400 from when Intel still had a manufacturing shortage of 45nm parts at their launch and they were fetching a premium.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Now if only AMD would ramp up clock speeds on Opterons, ya know? WCG is already not very friendly to AMD's x86 cores. They're great at many other things however, as shown by my collection of AMD processor boxes. heh I had a 9800, then a 940, then a 955, then dual Opteron 2427s, a 1055T, and a 1090T. My latest and only Intel system is an E8400 from when Intel still had a manufacturing shortage of 45nm parts at their launch and they were fetching a premium.
    We agree.
    I see a hell of a potential here.
    Nice running, powerfull even at this low a speed and temps that say to me that there's an easy 1000+MHz to be gotten and on air cooling with good HS and fans.
    One issue I see is the HS mounts.
    Two screws only and thats bad BUT these Dynatrons seem to be doing the job and these will mod just like the H46G's did.
    77mm base,easy to mod 80mm fans to fitand get ridof these molded fans.
    Had Vantec Tornadoes on Harpertown's at up to 3758mhz on this same design fan and they controlled the temps..
    Blew your ears out but they worked.
    Bought a new pair of Vantec Tornadoes just in case I got the OC'ing to work..
    Quote Originally Posted by snoro View Post
    my prediction is somewhere around 45-50k or 70k ppd, it will depend if it crunnch like my i5 750 or like a phenom II thuban.
    These are essentially two Thurbans under each IHS so think 4 Thurbans at 1900mhz
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    a few pics:

NooB MOD
    Um, WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! When can I take delivery?
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oj101 View Post
    Um, WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! When can I take delivery?
    Like my Dear Old Dad used to say: "Your too willing!"

Xtreme Cruncher
    Nice new toy Dave! Best of luck with clocking it. Oh and I drooled on my PC when I saw that Task manager!

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Like my Dear Old Dad used to say: "Your too willing!"

It's "you're"
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Mentor
    What's the OC headroom of this CPU on a single socket MB? Can it get closer to @4GHz? In case, somebody should focus on making a OCable double socket MB/BIOS for this. Then it would get really interesting.
    Last edited by Sam_oslo; 06-08-2010 at 10:05 PM.

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (BIOS 1305)
    2600K @4.5GHz 1.27v , 1 hour Prime
    Silver Arrow , push/pull
    2x2GB Crucial 1066MHz CL7 ECC @1600MHz CL9 1.51v
    GTX560 GB OC @910/2400 0.987v
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 400MB RAMDisk
    CM Storm Scout + Corsair HX 1000W
    +
    EVGA SR-2 , A50
    2 x Xeon X5650 @3.86GHz(203x19) 1.20v
    Megahalem + Silver Arrow , push/pull
    3x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600 CL7 + 3x4GB G.SKILL Trident 1600 CL7 = 18GB @1624 7-8-7-20 1.65v
    XFX GTX 295 @650/1200/1402
    Crucial C300 v006 64GB OS-disk + F3 1TB + 2GB RAMDisk
    SilverStone Fortress FT01 + Corsair AX 1200W

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_oslo View Post
    What's the OC headroom of this CPU on a single socket MB? Can it get closer to @4GHz? In case, somebody should focus on making a OCable double socket MB/BIOS for this. Then it would get really interesting.
    I would guess on a decent single socket MB this should do 9.5x250or 2375mhz
    You've got that multi as the limiter and more than 250 is pushing..
    The top 6176HE chip(2300mhz)has a 11.5multi so at 11.5x250 your near 3000mhz

I am Xtreme
    Are those the "kind loud like an airplane" Dynatron's?

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptMorgan View Post
    Are those the "kind loud like an airplane" Dynatron's?
    Sorry,I can't hear you over the fans that sound like a 747 is spooling up the engines for takeoff..
    In bios there is also a "whisper" modefor the fans but I watched temps climb to 54C on that setting.
    Key is to replace them with the Vantec Tornadoes bought and put on a fan controller and find that "right" evel between fan speed and noise..
    Ok,bed calls.. Night guys..

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ok so no big overclocks due to locked multi. Is there a way to adjust the IMC / L3 speeds? I guess its ok though because the strength of this machine should not be clockspeed but the number of cores and the power / performance ratio.

However, knowing that stephen did well over 3Ghz on stock volts is kind of frustrating.

c[_]
    What's the PLL?

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by v0dka View Post
    Ok so no big overclocks due to locked multi. Is there a way to adjust the IMC / L3 speeds? I guess its ok though because the strength of this machine should not be clockspeed but the number of cores and the power / performance ratio.

However, knowing that stephen did well over 3Ghz on stock volts is kind of frustrating.
    You have to remember that S7ephen had unlocked ES chips and he did 2992..
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    What's the PLL?
    Will check later today when my eyes are functioning..

NooB MOD
    And here we thought you were going to bed, are those fans keeping you up? You can always send my dual Magny-Cours to me if you want
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    And here we thought you were going to bed, are those fans keeping you up? You can always send my dual Magny-Cours to me if you want
    I'll tell you what.. You stop over the house in person this coming sunday and you can take it home with you..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    *snip*
    Unless someone knows someone on Asus BIOS team..
    Maybe he can help
    IQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

outdated hardware

NooB MOD
    I'll tell you what.. You stop over the house in person this coming sunday and you can take it home with you..
    I know you have a big gun
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Xtreme crazy bastid
    I know you have a big gun
    I heard it's called "The Samaritan"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Key is to replace them with the Vantec Tornadoes bought and put on a fan controller and find that "right" evel between fan speed and noise..
    Wait... There exists such a thing with Tornado fans?

To me, off has always seemed to be about the right speed for those fans
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Those fans are powerful enough to rip a hole in space-time. I wonder if they actually suck in noise when running backwards. Hey, it would work in Star Trek.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    *look around for some nearest new hampshire flight right now*
    Quote Originally Posted by DDtung
    We overclock and crunch you to the ground

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by snoro View Post
    *look around for some nearest new hampshire flight right now*
    I didn't make YOU that offer.
    I figure if he flies all the way here from SA then yup, it goes home with him..
    BUT only this Sunday and only in person!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast