Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Holy Moly GIGABYTE miniITX H55N-USB3 rocking d i5 655K@4.9GHz 3DMARK06 on air cooling

I am Xtreme
    I think this is only the case for 20 and 21 multi, irrelevant for the other figures. Generally using a higher multi should be easier...
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    I think this is only the case for 20 and 21 multi, irrelevant for the other figures. Generally using a higher multi should be easier...
    So, you're saying 20 is more stable than 21 or visa versa?

Also, is anyone getting lockup issues. Unless I am stock, any OC will give me random lock ups. I can run prime small FFTs for an hour, no issue. I can boot, go to youtube and get a lock up in a minute. I cannot figure out what the issue is.
    I can do what should be stable OCs (3.6ghz is fairly low for these chips) and I'll still get lock ups.

Somewhat frustrating, but still challenging.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Member
    Wow quite an impressive little "crotch rocket"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister
    Do you really go on your computer...to look at computers?

Xtreme Member
    After reading this whole thread i ended up deciding to get rid of my current build and just stay with mini ITX factor for gaming.. seriously i'm just tired of this huge case builds. lol sold my TJ07 just to get the SG07. plus i get some extra cash for christmas.. Can't believe this thread convinced me lol
    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67041

Case: Silverstone Temjin TJ07B/MurderMod Faceplate/Serpentin Acrylic top.
    PSU: Antec TPQ-1200w
    Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE/EK-FB Block
    CPU: Intel LGA 920 DO@4.1Ghz/EK Supreme block/Thermochill pa 120.4 Rad./EK 250 res/swiftech 350pmp
    Ram: Corsair CMT6GX3M3A 1600C7 6gig
    VGA: EVGA GTX 580/EK Block
    HD: Western Digital 500gig
    Sound: Creaive X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champion series

Nerdy Powerlifter
    I know the thread is kind of old, but I need a little help guys.

I found out my ram kit was bad, so I ordered a new one. Ran it through memtest86, passes.
    CPU @ stock settings passes small FFTs on prime95 no issue.

If I do ANY type of OCing, I get a hardlock that requires me to turn the PSU off. This was the same w/ the good and bad ram. No amount of vcore/PCH etc helps at all. Stability is random and usually fails quickly. I'm running stock right now which SUCKS!

Here's my hardware:
    Ga-H55N-USB3
    i5 760
    G.Skill ripjaws 2133mhz
    Sg07 w/ 600w silverstone
    gtx470 MSI
    OCZ Agility 120gb drive.
    Edit:
    Rolled back to bios F5 from F6a to see if that was the issue (it's not).

I am kind of lost guys, so any hints or settings to disable/enable would help a ton.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Anyone know if OCZ Vendetta can fit the motherboard without blocking PCI-E?

item: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835202005

I need the itx board but don't like the placement of the cpu socket
    Last edited by smpsys; 02-28-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    I know the thread is kind of old, but I need a little help guys.

I found out my ram kit was bad, so I ordered a new one. Ran it through memtest86, passes.
    CPU @ stock settings passes small FFTs on prime95 no issue.

If I do ANY type of OCing, I get a hardlock that requires me to turn the PSU off. This was the same w/ the good and bad ram. No amount of vcore/PCH etc helps at all. Stability is random and usually fails quickly. I'm running stock right now which SUCKS!

Here's my hardware:
    Ga-H55N-USB3
    i5 760
    G.Skill ripjaws 2133mhz
    Sg07 w/ 600w silverstone
    gtx470 MSI
    OCZ Agility 120gb drive.
    Edit:
    Rolled back to bios F5 from F6a to see if that was the issue (it's not).

I am kind of lost guys, so any hints or settings to disable/enable would help a ton.
    I was getting the same exact lockups. Not sure if this will work for you, but it worked for me.

The problem is that Windows Update installs a VERY old driver for Intel Management Engine Interface (version 1.0.0.0 dated for 2006!!!). After installing this update, Windows would lock up ALL the time and after awhile my install would get corrupted.

This driver isn't included in the Intel Chipset driver package (for some unknown reason) so Windows will download the bad driver automatically (if you have Windows Update settings at default).

So, boot in safe mode and uninstall the Intel Management Engine Interface device in Device Manager (it'll be under System Devices in the default view). Make sure you check the "delete the driver" box so it doesn't reinstall. Reboot. You should now have that "PCI Communications Device" device with missing drivers under Device Manager.

Download the Intel ME: Management Engine Driver for Intel 5 Series Chipset-Based Desktop Boards from the Intel Download Center

Install that and you should be good to go!

EDIT: Nevermind, still getting lockups. Just for kicks I tried Mini XP off of the Hiren Boot CD and it locked up there too. ARGH!!!

EDIT2: Okay. Lockups are caused by enabling Load Line Calibration. Well, that is if you're overclocked. If you're at stock then it just shuts off

EDIT3: All issues went away when I replaced the Lynnfield with a Clarkdale.
    Last edited by Dark79; 05-15-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Gigabyte H55N-USB3 (F5)
    Intel Core i5 750 @ 3.80GHz
    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX @ DDR3-1448 (8-8-8-25)
    MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II @ 880/1375
    1 x Samsung 250GB SATA HD
    1 x Samsung 500GB SATA HD
    Silverstone SG05 Case w/ ST45SF 450w PSU

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011