Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Missing Child of Intel employees

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Anandtech has published this story; http://www.anandtech.com/show/3760/s...help-requested. Is it news now? lol. No this is not strictly OC'ing or hardware news, with that I agree. But this event has touched the lives of one of our community, albeit very much extended community over at Intel, and a member of this community asked for help. maybe this is only a symbolic show of sympathy but the more people hear of this the greater the chance of a happy resolution [I don't believe these cases usually turn out well ]. I would like to think people would do the same for me if it were my child. That's my two cents.
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian^ View Post
    how would a tech site help? It might get notice out but no kidnapper (if that is the case) is going to return him because he read a message board that has the same reply being repeated over and over.

Anyways, its pretty unusual this kid went missing at school, they said he was 120 feet away from a classroom (iirc)? Pretty ed up
    The better question is how can it hurt?

It's a little thing that can draw attention. Doing something, no matter how small, is better than nothing.
    While I work for AMD, my posts are my own opinions.

http://blogs.amd.com/work/author/jfruehe/

Xtreme Enthusiast
    An update that should answer some folks questions: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...urns_up_n.html
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Xtreme Cruncher
    thanks for the update.

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Xtreme Member
    Maybe there should be a GPS chip implanted to every kids skin (by parents choice of course) up until age 12 and than removed, for safe precaution. Hopefully he will be OK.
    i9 9900K/1080 Ti

Xtreme Addict
    RED Listed,you will be the first to get RFID CHIP

Portland has seems bad history of incidents involving schools? poor 1992 girl : (. this is always tragic! if you have nothing to say nice/supportive, dont say anything! i hope the child is returned, a child of god is missing, and the lord cries (its raining).

Xtreme Cruncher
    bump

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Xtreme Cruncher
    Double bump for any possible news.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This isn't news per se, but it is possible helpful info: http://www.childseeknetwork.com/horman.htm

Edit: lots of updates here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missin...0831264?v=wall
    Last edited by CmB; 06-10-2010 at 04:57 PM.
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    At the end of this CNN story it explains why there isn't an Amber alert. They don't have enough info in a nutshell. http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/10/...boy/index.html
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Xtreme Member
    Man i hope they find him and he's alright. Add my prayer to the list

Banned
    I hope the boy will be safely returned to the parents. But, WTH this thread has to do with IT and XS?

There are thousands children missing around the world and we don't have thousands sticky threads in the news section about them.

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gOJDO View Post
    I hope the boy will be safely returned to the parents. But, WTH this thread has to do with IT and XS?

There are thousands children missing around the world and we don't have thousands sticky threads in the news section about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by title of this thread.
    Missing Child of Intel employees

Xtreme Member

Just because you cant help everone doesnt mean you cant help someone.

Xtreme Cruncher
    bump

MY HEATWARE 76-0-0

Xtreme Enthusiast
    bump!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    when foxconn employees were dropping off the face of the earth it did have relevance since foxconn directly makes most motherboard components, and employee suicides speaks volumes as to how well things are going on at the plant that makes our stuff. However some random kid from a random intel employee, while very sad, belongs more in current events. I'll keep an eye out for him just the same.

Xtreme Mentor

While the logic of your argument is sound on the surface, this story has gathered more attention than normal because of the circumstance of the disappearance. He was last seen going to his classroom, within the hallway of the school in which he attended. It generates more attention in XS because it happens to be of someone who works for a company we all know very well.

The disappearance from the school strikes a particular fear in many since we generally consider schools safe (exceptions being the lone nuts who walk in with shotguns -- as bad or worse).

As a parent myself I can empathize with the parents of this young man.
    One hundred years from now It won't matter
    What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in
    How much money I had in the bank Nor what my cloths looked like.... But The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child.
    -- from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

Xtreme Addict
    Besides, how does it effect you if its a sticky or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Banned
    Now they suspect the stepmom had something to do with it... so much for the big bad evil kidnapper story.

http://www.people.com/people/article...395256,00.html

Horman first raised eyebrows when she updated her Facebook page after Kyron's disappearance to say she was "hitting the gym." Skeptics believed it was not in character of a parent with a missing child but Multnomah County Sheriff's Office officials said they had instructed the family to continue their normal routine and stay healthy.
    Last edited by Svnth; 06-21-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Xtreme Member
    This is so sad. I'm praying for him to be safely returned to his family.

Xtreme Member
    BUMP!!! Too far from home for me to help but i wish for a safe return.
    Intel Q6600, 400x9 @ 1.5v, TRUE Black
    DFI Lanparty X48
    OCZ SLI Ready 2 x 2gb DDR-800
    Force 3D 4870X2
    Antec 1200
    G15 Rev.1 + Razer Lachesis
    Samsung 245T 24"
    Sennheiser HD 485
    Logitech Z5500 5.1

Has this lil trooper been found yet?

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @ Ket, no I don't believe the child has been found and the search wrapped up. The last I read a criminal investigation has been opened up as a result. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...raps_up_a.html
    SOGOs > BOGOs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast