Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4 announced

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    While in some respects that is true, it is like saying for a monitor or TV that resolution is not quality.

Resolution and MP do play a part in the overall quality.
    It does play a part but the quality of the lens itself is far more important , i am not a photography expert but i have seen 3mp camera taking pictures better than the 5mp

Apple has updated the camera to a 5MP sensor, but increased the size of the sensor so the pixels are the same size as with the 3MP camera in the 3GS.
    no idea if this is good or bad
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8GHZ 1.28V (Core Contact Freezer)
    Asus X58 P6T
    6GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600MHZ 8-8-8-24
    XFX HD5870
    WD 1TB Black HD
    Corsair 850TX
    Cooler Master HAF 922

Xtreme Mentor
    I want to se a comparison between the IPS panel of the ipod and the super AMOLED of the samsung Galaxy s.
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Xtreme Addict
    What I am really disappointed in, I was expecting to see OS 4.0, or iOS, released today.

Bastards.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtremeish
    Quote Originally Posted by Skratch View Post
    I love how people say apple just keeps adding features,like all the other cell phone companies dont do the same exact thing.

nokia
    n95
    n96
    n97
    Very true, but I dare say that there is a difference. N95 -> N96 "pointless", however the transition to N97 was huge.

Another thing which is far more important to mention is the reason to why iPhone's "shortcomings" have been met with such great negativity. It's because when the iPhone was released the technology was already there and in use by every other manufacturer. There was no reason to not add a GPS, MMS, Memory card slot, LED-flash, Video, Autofocus, "regular"-Radio, Stereo speakers, 3G, front facing camera and I am sure there is more nitpicks. Still though, it's not like it matters, iPhone still got immensely popular.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by eXa View Post
    I want to se a comparison between the IPS panel of the ipod and the super AMOLED of the samsung Galaxy s.
    like ditto.

The pictures look ok, but given the perfect lighting conditions, most quality camera phones can produce that. Blown up, you can see there's still lots of noise. I'd like to see some low light shots.

Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    It does play a part but the quality of the lens itself is far more important , i am not a photography expert but i have seen 3mp camera taking pictures better than the 5mp

no idea if this is good or bad
    What I like about having more MP is

• the ability to crop images without loosing too much quality
    • get some use out of that numeric zoom

So it definitely would have nice to have a 8 or 10MP camera on the iPhone... But seriously, I never really expect to take great pictures using a phone or a point-and-shoot camera.

Xtremeish
    BigDisk:

Problem is though, if you increase the resolution on the same sized sensor you will end up with lower light sensitivity which will reduce signal/noise ratio and therefor give images more noise.

If Apple was properly clever, then they would have lowered the pixel count down to 2Mpxish and increased sensor size as much as possible.
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aznsniper911 View Post
    My friend has one and I wasn't super impressed with it. Neither am I with this new iPhone 4. Yes both of them are nice and have their pros/cons but nothing WOWs me. The only reason I have an iphone is because everyone else on my family line uses ATT and enjoy it. I still say all these companies are lacking way behind.
    Lacking way behind? In comparison to what? A desktop? lol Im not sure i understand what more you expect these phones to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator
    BigDisk:

Problem is though, if you increase the resolution on the same sized sensor you will end up with lower light sensitivity which will reduce signal/noise ratio and therefor give images more noise.

If Apple was properly clever, then they would have lowered the pixel count down to 2Mpxish and increased sensor size as much as possible.
    I think you forgot that they have to market this phone to the ignorant masses. People like bigger numbers. 2MPs would turn a lot of people off.

Xtremeish
    Quote Originally Posted by \/icious View Post
    I think you forgot that they have to market this phone to the ignorant masses. People like bigger numbers. 2MPs would turn a lot of people off.
    Touché!

But, the fact that they actually mentioned pixel size means that they are fairly dedicated to go into rather deep technical aspect consider what the average Joe actually knows. And this number can also become a bigger number, which Apple marketing can really put pressure on "how they are closing in on DSLR's" = applause from the crowd

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chruschef View Post
    face time is wi-fi only.
    Yes, just saw that update. Original poster fail
    While I work for AMD, my posts are my own opinions.

http://blogs.amd.com/work/author/jfruehe/

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post
    Touché!

But, the fact that they actually mentioned pixel size means that they are fairly dedicated to go into rather deep technical aspect consider what the average Joe actually knows. And this number can also become a bigger number, which Apple marketing can really put pressure on "how they are closing in on DSLR's" = applause from the crowd
    im going to argue slightly. they are not trying to sell a camera too the masses, they are trying to sell a high quality camera built into a phone. the 3GS is known to take great photos, it has a reputation. if average joe buys something thats 8MP instead of iphones 5MP, he clearly does not care enough about photos to know a single thing about it.

the first thing steve jobs said when talking about the camera was MP is not everything, and is not important. and i applaud him for that. going back 5 years i saw a sony 1.4MP camera kick the crap out of my younger sisters 4MP camera. and fact is if your using it for digital viewing, you dont need high MP, EVER. even if your tv is 1080p, or have a 30" monitor, your still zoomed out on the photo.

lets just wait and see what reviewers show as far as camera quality is concerned. i can tell you my Evo is kinda light sensitive. either im outdoors, or inside, anything between that dosnt translate well. a small spot thats a hair brighter to us, is 10 fold worse to the camera. its good enough for me, but probably not for someone who wants to be serious about it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    is there any other cell that has something like facetime? That alone is worth it even if they added nothing else.I also want to say that my batt on my driod sucks,litterally the cell is on the charger more than my laptop.

So if this gets a 40% better batt life is also a big plus.

I think its a great cell and would buy one if I wasnt on verizon

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoulz View Post
    Play with an HTC EVO for 30 seconds, you'll see how irrelevant the iPhone is...

I'm using one right now at work and it's a piece just like all of the android phones here. Nothing about android makes me want to stay with this platform, it just has a clunky feel to it no matter what handset I've used it on. (I can post my opinions and try to pass them off as facts too)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    real men like the idea of packing lots of stuff into a very small space, which is what the mac mini is
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    PS. I'm even tougher IRL.

Xtreme Member
    im going to argue slightly. they are not trying to sell a camera too the masses, they are trying to sell a high quality camera built into a phone. the 3GS is known to take great photos, it has a reputation. if average joe buys something thats 8MP instead of iphones 5MP, he clearly does not care enough about photos to know a single thing about it.
    Apparently you dont realize how ignorant the masses are. They arnt trying to sell the camera, sure, but the phone as a whole. People dont have to know a whole lot about what their buying to think they are buying the best and in the end the majority look for bigger numbers. My post however was not saying people will pass up the iphone 4 for a phone with a 8mp camera, though there will be some, but that people dont want to see 2mp when the stanard is 5 plus. They would just think its cheaper and not as effective.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by \/icious View Post
    Apparently you dont realize how ignorant the masses are. They arnt trying to sell the camera, sure, but the phone as a whole. People dont have to know a whole lot about what their buying to think they are buying the best and in the end the majority look for bigger numbers. My post however was not saying people will pass up the iphone 4 for a phone with a 8mp camera, though there will be some, but that people dont want to see 2mp when the stanard is 5 plus. They would just think its cheaper and not as effective.
    didnt apple have some thing saying their product owners are above average or something?

i honestly applaud him for not going with the MP war, its time people get educated. (however at the same time there was so much in the conference that was 90% marketing and 10% actual feature)

Xtreme Member
    didnt apple have some thing saying their product owners are above average or something?

i honestly applaud him for not going with the MP war, its time people get educated. (however at the same time there was so much in the conference that was 90% marketing and 10% actual feature)
    I think Jobs also said it had a back illuminated sensor which is really good for low light photography. I agree with you on the MP--more doesn't mean better. More pixel density = more noise. MP is just a marketing tool like the P4 Prescott with GHZ.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by moose517 View Post
    anybody know where you can find a vid of the conference today, i don't like those stupid minute by minute talkings i wanna actually watch him present it LOL.
    Here you go.
    http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.ne...ent/index.html
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Member
    "Thinnest smart phone ever" I just hope the battery life is better than the current gen....
    i9 9900K/1080 Ti

Xtreme Member
    Of course he would throw compliments out to his customers. Especially ones that would inspire others to purchase the phone to be in the "in crowd". Jobs' only concern is sales in the long run.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboDiv View Post
    "Thinnest smart phone ever" I just hope the battery life is better than the current gen....
    The battery is actually bigger and dose last quite a bit longer. In fact i think it lasts quite a bit longer than any smart phone out and it is still as fast as they come.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    In the world of the cell phone, it is not a stretch to assume that the folks that pay a few hundred for a smart phone probably earn more money and use more service than the folks that get the free phone.

However, I am not sure that anyone has done the actual research to validate this theory.

And I am not sure what "above average" would mean.
    While I work for AMD, my posts are my own opinions.

http://blogs.amd.com/work/author/jfruehe/

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    In the world of the cell phone, it is not a stretch to assume that the folks that pay a few hundred for a smart phone probably earn more money and use more service than the folks that get the free phone.

However, I am not sure that anyone has done the actual research to validate this theory.

And I am not sure what "above average" would mean.
    http://www.wirelessandmobilenews.com...s-wealthy.html
    real men like the idea of packing lots of stuff into a very small space, which is what the mac mini is
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    PS. I'm even tougher IRL.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Been using iPhone 3G for 2 years (been with at&t for 8 year now), 3 days ago I upgraded to HTC Evo which is a very nice phone compared to iphone 3G. But Sprint's coverage really sucks I just found out now.
    CPU: INTEL Q9550 E0 @ 3600 1.28V + CORSAIR H50
    GPU: EVGA GTX 480 @ 725/1450/3800
    PPU: EVGA 9800GTX @ 738/1836/2250
    MB: ASUS P5E X38
    RAM: MUSHKIN 2X2GB
    SOUND: X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY | LOGITECH Z-5500 | LOGITECH G35
    HDD: WD 76GB X 2 RAPTORS RAID 0 10KRPM | WD 1TB CAVIAR BLACK 32MB STORAGE
    PSU: CORSAIR HX1000W PSU
    MON: HANNSPREE 28" 1920X1200 RESOLUTION

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah, sure. That's why every asocial moron can have an iPhone around here... I'm not saying they can afford it though. The iPhone is no status symbol any more.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy McShades View Post
    thanks, i found this in there:
    Android users tend to be slightly younger than their iPhone peers- 55% of Android users are under the age of 34 -- while just 47% of iPhone users fall within the same demographic. As is usually the case, age is also a prime determinant of income and education, with Android users slightly less wealthy and less educated.
    probably a steve making a marketing spin off of that.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast