Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4 announced

Xtreme Member
    A lot of haters here. I'm looking forward to upgrading my 3G to this at some point.
    2600k @ 4.6 GHz
    Noctua NH-D14 cooler
    P8Z68-V PRO
    16 GB RAM
    Corsair TX-850
    Two Gigabyte 670 GTX Windforce's in SLI at +60 core/+400 memory (3DMark11 15000P)
    Antec P182
    Crucial M4 SSD
    Win7 x64
    Dell 3007WFP-HC
    Logitech G15 Keyboard & G7 Mouse
    ErgoHuman Chair

Xtreme Member
    If your contract is up, then it looks like a good upgrade.

I have a 3GS and I too will not upgrade. The new screen is nice, but I am not about to sign my life over to AT&T for another two years for a better screen. Hopefully next year we will see some new features and more US providers carrying the iPhone.
    Regards,
    Chris

Core i7 920 3931A318 4.4GHz 1.375vcore | EVGA X58 Classified E760 | EVGA GTX470 1280MB | Corsair Dominator GT 7-8-7-20 1688MHz | Heatkiller 3.0 CU and Feser xChanger 480 | Seasonic M12 (Soon to be replaced)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dstedman View Post
    A lot of haters here.
    Well, they've earned it.

and here's official web page http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Xtreme Addict
    IPS panel? As much as I don't like Apple but I still love some of their products like the iPhone/iPod Touch. I kinda like the design and thinking of upgrading from my good old 2G. But I don't wanna sign up with AT&T though if you know what I mean.

CPU: Core i7-2600K@4.8Ghz Mobo: Asus Sabertooth P67 Case: Corsair 700D w/ 800D window
    CPU Cooler:
    Corsair H70 w/ 2 GTs AP-15 GPU: 2xGigabyte GTX 670 WindForce OC SLI
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws PSU: Corsair AX850W Sound card: Asus Xonar DX + Fiio E9
    HDD:
    Crucial M4 128GB + 4TB HDD Display: 3x30" Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC
    Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 Headphone: Sennheiser HD650

Banned
    Play with an HTC EVO for 30 seconds, you'll see how irrelevant the iPhone is...

well they can't sell it for 299$ if they put Super AMOLED

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O View Post
    If your contract is up, then it looks like a good upgrade.

I have a 3GS and I too will not upgrade. The new screen is nice, but I am not about to sign my life over to AT&T for another two years for a better screen. Hopefully next year we will see some new features and more US providers carrying the iPhone.
    why not simply move away from both the iphone and att? neither are providing a convincing reason to retain customers. in terms of the phone, the evo 4g from sprint can do everything an iphone can and sprint doesn't charge per mb on their data plans. when the iphone first came out, yeah, it did stuff no one else had dreamed of... but today, not so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoulz View Post
    Hear hear...

HTC EVO 4G user here. This iPhone is... meh to say the least. Welcome to features Android's had for some time!!

Of course, Apple will somehow market it as them being first, and people will believe it

Xtreme Mentor
    Internal antenas as a feature? realy?

The list was to short and they brainstormed for days to make the list of features longer?
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by iTravis View Post
    IPS panel? :
    that part actually bugged me, they tried to market that IPS is better than OLED, i dont see how. just because some things, like the incredible, have a not so bright screen, dosnt mean that OLED isnt the next step when it comes to battery life, contrast, and color. if every iphone4 had OLED, we could start seeing apps that could disable part of the screen to save power, while android would never allow apps to control such things, because it wouldnt be universally standard on all their devices.

but i think its really about money, OLED in high resolution and high quantity would probably have been too expensive for them. too bad though.

Xtreme Member
    Not to be rude or anything but why is Steve Jobs always wearing a black turtleneck and jeans? Is he trying to make himself look more like an average Joe while flying with his cash filled private jet?
    Last edited by noroger; 06-07-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    evo users are forgetting that it is completely irrelevant if you can't get sprint, which is the majority of people in the world
    i7 920 @ 4GHz 1.25v
    GTX 470 @ 859MHz 1062mv

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoulz View Post
    Why?
    -This Iphone has a better screen (resolution,readability,colours,viewing angles) but sucks at size though.
    -Better CPU and I think on par or better GPU.
    -App store is bigger and more evolved than android store
    -It's more sturdy
    -Better build quality
    -Video editing app.
    -Better battery life
    -Smaller in size
    -and some other things which don't come to my mind yet.

Evo 4G.
    -Video call not limited to Wi-Fi.
    -Bigger screen
    -Better cameras (front and back facing) at least on paper.
    -Hotspot ability
    -A real open platform.
    -Flash with Froyo.
    What else?

Please at least try to motivate your opinion before mindless bashing.
    Last edited by XS2K; 06-07-2010 at 12:37 PM.
    Before you complain about lag, think about Jesus. He lagged three days before respawning.

I am Xtreme
    I guess this is news, to each there own I guess, but i feel that apple has hit a dead end and has only upgraded some hardware. Maybe move this to Wamps (lol)

XS2K you see them both and play with them for a while? or you just read specs from internet?

I am Xtreme
    @XS2K
    good comparison, both are great, but one should fit your exact needs better. also i wouldnt call the Evo camera better yet, it does take some very nice photos, but i think apple knows that market better and we will see that once it get into reviewers hands.

the app store i think is just time related, if i had to bet, i say by end of 2011 they will be even. (please no one reopen this thread in 1.5 years to say "i told you so")

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    XS2K you see them both and play with them for a while? or you just read specs from internet?
    Cuz you did? )
    I watched a lot of videos and reviews for the Evo 4G and was on my buying list though now with Iphone 4G things are more interesting and with the new Windows 7 phones from HTC equipped with the 1.5 Ghz Snapdragon CPU coming this fall it will be a tough decision.
    Also before jumping on the band wagon at least I tried to make an open comparison to which everyone could add + and - for both phones.
    Before you complain about lag, think about Jesus. He lagged three days before respawning.

well you can't see on yt video how great display is (or bad) you can't see how good battery is, you can't feel the build quality. true?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Meh, looks interesting enough. I'll get one when it costs what it's worth.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    As for the iphone vs android take a look at this: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea..._better_iphone

I know that it does not touch the new iphone but still an interesting read.

Xtreme Addict
    Whats funny is after looking around the web, you just don't see the overwhleming iPhone love you'd have seen a couple of years ago.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    well you can't see on yt video how great display is (or bad) you can't see how good battery is, you can't feel the build quality. true?
    Well battery life is a written characteristic,sure youtube can't tell you that but the build quality,looking at the presentation is very good,from new harder to scratch glass surfaces to a unibody case compared to the Evo 4G which is cheap-ish in comparison.
    You can see the screen quality here in all the pics and in the videos (HD),viewing angles,image crispness etc..

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XS2K View Post
    Why?
    -This Iphone has a better screen (resolution,readability,colours,viewing angles) but sucks at size though.
    -Better CPU and I think on par or better GPU.
    -App store is bigger and more evolved than android store
    -It's more sturdy
    -Better build quality
    -Video editing app.
    -Better battery life
    -Smaller in size
    -and some other things which don't come to my mind yet.

Evo 4G.
    -Video call not limited to Wi-Fi.
    -Bigger screen
    -Better cameras (front and back facing) at least on paper.
    -Hotspot ability
    -A real open platform.
    -Flash with Froyo.
    What else?

Please at least try to motivate your opinion before mindless bashing.
    Win XP Pro x64 / Win 7 x64 / Phenom II / Asus m3a79-t Deluxe / 8x2 GB GSkill and some other stuff.....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    Whats funny is after looking around the web, you just don't see the overwhleming iPhone love you'd have seen a couple of years ago.
    Imho it's obvious. The original iPhone hat a GUI others lacked, hence it's popularity. When the 3G hit the market Android was still maturing and the 3GS was just a small specbump. So the iPhone 4 is the first "new" iPhone for quite some time but now there are many good contenders. Apple's advantage is that not many ppl like to switch and "learn" how to use a phone again. So I think there will be quite some ppl switching from 2G/3G to the iPhone 4.

Honestly, I think the iPhone 4 is not that bad, seeing it's increasingly hard to implement new, astonishing features into the phone. Well, nevertheless, calling a front facing camera and video calling the best thing since sliced bread and make it seem like they invented it is plain bad and stupid.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast