Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4 announced

Hybrid View

Banned

Arrow iPhone 4 announced

Apple has unveiled its new iPhone 4 after a couple wild, unprecedented months of leaks. Sure, it looks exactly like we expected it to (Steve compares it to an old Leica camera), with a glass front and back, but it's what's on the inside that counts, kids. The stainless steel band that goes around the phone is an antenna system, while also providing the main structure of the phone, though it's plugged into the same old GSM / UMTS radio you all know and love -- there's a reason they didn't call it the iPhone 4G. There's also of course that front facing camera we were all anticipating, a rear camera with LED flash, and a new high resolution display that doubles the pixels in each direction (960 x 640) for a 4X overall pixel count increase -- Apple calls it a "Retina Display." It's rated at 326ppi, which Apple claims is beyond the human eye's limit of distinction. Check out an example of the new screen up against the iPhone 3G after the break. Similar to the iPad it's an IPS display, with 800:1 contrast. Naturally, it's still the same old 3.5-inch. Under the hood is the A4 processor that runs the iPad. Despite the new engine (and the 25% thinner chassis), Apple managed to make the battery slightly larger, and the new handset is rated at 7 hours of 3G talk, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, and 40 hours of music.

On the software front, applications will automatically get high resolution text and buttons, and with "a little bit of work" developers can make their entire app compatible with the new resolution display. Developers will also get access to a new gyroscope, giving devs "six axis" motion control between the gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass, with a new "Core Motion" API to deal with it all. Developing...

Liveblog: http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/s...from-wwdc-2010
    Last edited by -Sweeper_; 06-07-2010 at 09:54 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I hope the new ipod touch keeps the style and features.

Xtreme Guru
    meh, this has done nothing to sway me away from the Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Have they leaked any numbers yet? I'm curious how these score in FactoryWorkerSuicideMark 2011.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by theystolemyname View Post
    have they leaked any numbers yet? I'm curious how these score in factoryworkersuicidemark 2011.
    +1.1

Quote Originally Posted by theystolemyname View Post
    Have they leaked any numbers yet? I'm curious how these score in FactoryWorkerSuicideMark 2011.

the glass screens only feature is that if you drop it from any higher than 10cm off the ground it will crack as with all the other iphones

lets see how many more apple idiots decide that they will buy one along with their mac pro, macbook pro, all the iphones, apple tv and the ipad

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRICHEESE View Post
    lets see how many more apple idiots decide that they will buy one along with their mac pro, macbook pro, all the iphones, apple tv and the ipad
    Shut up, haven't you been banned from the news section yet?

People buy what they want, no need to bash!. It really comes down to how happy you are with your stuff..! Mac guys don't seem to whine a whole lot about their gear, unlike PC guys.

I bet you're the kind of weirdo that has an obsession about making redheads feel stupid and ridiculous.

I see you trolling and making useless and hurting comments every now and then on this forum, and you seem on every "hot" thread, to try and catch somebody to argue with.

Here I am, that's me.

You should try and be a little more diplomatic, or let's say.. politically correct. XS is not 4chan, you can't just say anything around here. Worthless posts should be alt+f4 'ed.

Now, I'm for sure defending something that I don't have any rights on. I don't own XS, I don't know everybody, I haven't even donated any money to XS yet

I kind of know what kind of answer you are going to give me, but just give it a try.. please?

I am Xtreme
    been watching it on endgaget.

its really the same thing with newer hardware.
    if you wanted a bigger screen than the old one, too bad
    if you wanted a slide out keyboard, too bad
    if you want one with serious battery power (i assume you cant get bigger battery packs) so too bad.

not saying its a bad product, its just theres no options to fit your individual needs.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    been watching it on endgaget.

its really the same thing with newer hardware.
    if you wanted a bigger screen than the old one, too bad
    if you wanted a slide out keyboard, too bad
    if you want one with serious battery power (i assume you cant get bigger battery packs) so too bad.

not saying its a bad product, its just theres no options to fit your individual needs.
    Honestly, did you expect anything else?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    Honestly, did you expect anything else?
    nope.
    honestly i dont care how much of a genius he may be, cause he dosnt care about the needs of people, he makes that decision for them. sure its one great phone, but there are dozens of great htc phones, lol

Xtreme Addict
    omg integrated antennas

Except for the new screen, there's not much to be excited about.
    Last edited by Spidy; 06-07-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Nothing that makes me want to upgrade from the 3GS.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    After working on the QA end of a cellphone application developer I'm not a big fan of most if not all of the android phones I've come in contact with, yet the new iphone isn't what I would call revolutionary. This is really disappointing for me being an owner of the iphone 3g, I don't get all of the features that will come with OS 4.0 and I'm not really convinced this new phone is worth my money at all.
    real men like the idea of packing lots of stuff into a very small space, which is what the mac mini is
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    PS. I'm even tougher IRL.

Xtreme Addict
    Thinnest phone ever by like <2mm
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Member
    hey guys its an all new design you have to get it! Steve jobs is a genius its a good thing he tells me what i need. I have so much trouble deciding for myself, and im gonna look so cool with this phone you guys are just jealous!
    phenom 2 940 stock
    gskill 4gb 1066 ddr2
    2 1.5Tb seagate hds in raid 0
    30gb ocz core series hd for os
    8800gts 640
    xigamatek 850w ps
    water cooling cpu: dtek fuzion 2, swiftech 320, 3 ultra kazes, d5 with detroit top
    custom acrylic case in progress :P

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by jakefalcons View Post
    hey guys its an all new design you have to get it! Steve jobs is a genius its a good thing he tells me what i need. I have so much trouble deciding for myself, and im gonna look so cool with this phone you guys are just jealous!
    Insane fanboy or sarcasm?

Xtreme Member
    maybe alittle of both >< lol no its sarcasm. sorry i forget its hard to tell with mac fanboys sometimes thought the smiley face would tip everyone off
    phenom 2 940 stock
    gskill 4gb 1066 ddr2
    2 1.5Tb seagate hds in raid 0
    30gb ocz core series hd for os
    8800gts 640
    xigamatek 850w ps
    water cooling cpu: dtek fuzion 2, swiftech 320, 3 ultra kazes, d5 with detroit top
    custom acrylic case in progress :P

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavv View Post
    Insane fanboy or sarcasm?
    Come on!
    He doesn't have to be serious just because he doesn't add "j/k" or "<sarcasm>", and that's a good thing.

I am Xtreme
    Well the 3g IPhones should be a little cheaper now.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian View Post
    Thinnest phone ever by like <2mm
    now i can fit a credit card in my pocket with my phone!
    real men like the idea of packing lots of stuff into a very small space, which is what the mac mini is
    ----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Davis View Post
    PS. I'm even tougher IRL.

Xtreme Addict
    I wonder how accurate the GPS is now, currently it often is not precise enough for any kind of reliable turn by turn navigation.
    EVGA X58 Classified
    Intel i7 965
    Corsair Dominator 1600mhz 3x2gb
    Nvidia GTX 295

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar View Post
    I wonder how accurate the GPS is now, currently it often is not precise enough for any kind of reliable turn by turn navigation.
    i've used my 3GS as turn by turn and never had a problem. i once compared it to a lower end tom tom in a friends vehicle and it was the same precision as far as we could tell. the fact that i can pick up my 3GS and use it as a phone, check my mail and whatever else i need to then go right back into my gps app is awesome.

any step forward in any new device is better than a step backward. doesn't mean i will buy/upgrade my phone tho.

I am Xtreme
    99$ with contract

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast