Thread: Airflow opinions? PC-P80

Airflow opinions? PC-P80

I plan on cutting out 3 fans on the bottom to bring cold air into the case, either 120mm or 140mm, I'll find out when I see the case in person, but I'm here to gather opinions on the airflow of this case.

I didn't want to bring cold air into the case from the front because the heat from the rad would just go into the case and to a degree reheat the componets it just cooled.

What'cha guys think?

Xtreme Member
    Hi!

Rule of thumb for rad air is coolest and freshest air. Meaning it's best to suck in air outside the case. You are using the rad to cool the components already, so don't worry about them.

Wes

So I should make the front an intake and leave the bottom as intakes as well and make the back and top fan an exhaust? That would mean more airflow into the case then exhaust

Xtreme Member
    Are you seating right next to the casing? You might feel like standing close to a heater when the loop is under heavy thermal load with the rad fans exhausting hot air out of the case. The other consideration is lower performance with the rad being fed with hotter internal casing air.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

X4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC