Thread: Where are the new Athlon II cpu's?

Where are the new Athlon II cpu's?

Earlier this month AMD supposedly launched new Athlon II cpu's. Review sites reviewed them. They included the Athlon II X4 640, X3 445, X2 260, and X2 245e to name the ones I can think of right now. I haven't seen any of these on sites like newegg. Anyone have any idea when they are being released? I have noticed that newegg has slowly lowered the cpu's prices to line up with where the prices where supposed to go once these cpu's where released.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Because their distributors do not have them:
    http://www.malabs.com/detail.asp?com...s_comp_id=1270

Malabs is one of newegg's, Tiger Direct's, and ZipZoomFly's main distributors...and they don't have any of those CPU's.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post

Malabs is one of newegg's, Tiger Direct's, and ZipZoomFly's main distributors...and they don't have any of those CPU's.
    well that makes sense and I kind of assumed that the distributors didn't have them to supply everyone else. I was just wondering why. No one made it sound like it was a paper launch with these cpu's so I figured we would see them immediately. I guess thats not the case though and for some reason AMD isn't getting them out there for some reason. The only thing I could think of is that they are giving distributors and retailers a chance to sell some of the other stock they have before they give them a new set of cpu's that will take over as the top cpu in their in particular lineup. The X4 640 being the top end X4 over the X4 635, the X3 445 being the top X3 over the X3 440, and the X2 260 over the X2 255 as far as the athlon II lineup goes.

Xtreme Member
    I can find the X4 640 in the UK. Unfortunately no sign of the lower frequency C3 Athlon II CPUs.
    I MSI P67A-GD65 I Intel i5 2500K I 8Gb Samsung I
    I Corsair F3 60Gb I AMD 6850 I Dell SP2208WFP I Windows 7 x64 I
    I Current Speed: 4.5Ghz I RAM 1866Mhz @ 9-9-9-27 1T I
    I Laptop I Acer 1830T I Intel i5-470UM I Crucial M225 I 4Gb DDR3 I

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post

Stupid question...

Is is possible to order from these guys directly (I realize that they probably only sell in bulk, but why not ask)?
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Devil kept pokin'
    http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2010/2..._pictures.html
    Box numbers included their. Newegg has some of them now havent checked all of them but I know the 640 is there.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    Stupid question...

Is is possible to order from these guys directly (I realize that they probably only sell in bulk, but why not ask)?
    Yeah.

www.ewiz.com .

Ewiz/SuperBiiz is the same company as MA Labs and Super Talent. They all exist under one roof.
    Smile