Thread: Will it fit in the 800D case?

Exclamation Will it fit in the 800D case?

Hi, I haven't ordered my case yet but I know I'm going with the 800D and I'll be watercooling for the first time. Since I haven't had the chance to order it yet (or my parts) I haven't been able to do many measurements. I do have all the parts I want in a wishlist and ready to go but I need to see if the setup I have will work.

Here's an image of what it'll look like

The question(s) are with my rad and 3 120mm fans on top be able to bend from the back outlet to the cpu waterblock without kinking, and be able to bend from the cpu outlet to the FB mosfet inlet.

To that question I THINK it's possible but here's where I'm really unsure! Where the outlet is on the FB can I go over the cards, and dominator GT ram WITH the ram fan on it, into the res? I'm just unsure if the cards would get in the way. I have those 2 9800 gx2's in my system now from my old build and I'll be carrying them over to my new one until I'm able to replace them.

Any help, suggestions, etc would be appreciated

Xtreme Member
    Just a head up if you plan to buy compression fittings it would fit on the cpu block if you buying 1/2" ID X 3/4" OD, you need to buy one of the 45 degree rotary fitting if you going with the 1/2" ID X 3/4" OD tubing for your setup.

I also had that problem after I purchase the reservoir I noticed that the video cards are too long and if I place the reservoir next to the motherboard the card will get into the way. Is better if you buy like Swiftech mini-res and place it either next the to 120mm fan or on the diagram is below the 250ml EK reservoir.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Search the water cooling work log threads for 800D builds, you will get some good ideas from there.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...play.php?f=286

Also do a google search for Cooler master 800d water cooling and you should get a ton of results you can browse through for ideas.
    24/7 Work & Play Rig
    Gigabyte X58A-UD5, i7 920 @ 4.56ghz 1.48v 21x217, G.Skill PI 12Gb 8-8-8-24-1T 1.56V @ 1736Mhz
    EK Supreme HF P1, Dual EK DCP 4.0 Pumps and EK Res, XSPC RX360 & RX240 w/ 1850rpm GT's
    Sapphire HD 4870 1Gb @ 810/1020mhz, 2x Dell 2407, 2x 1Tb WD Black SATA3, 2x 2Tb Hitachi 7k2000
    Cooler Master ATCS 840, Corsair 750TX PSU, running OSX 10.6.3 & Win 7 64

Banned Movieman...
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Search the water cooling work log threads for 800D builds, you will get some good ideas from there.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...play.php?f=286

Also do a google search for Cooler master 800d water cooling and you should get a ton of results you can browse through for ideas.
    erm *pokes*

800D=Corsair

Xtreme Member
    yes, that will be fine
    i7 980X | EVGA X58 Classified | 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT 2GHZ | 3-Way SLI GTX580| 2.5 TB Hdd | Corsair Obsidian 800D| Corsair AX1200W | Custom WC

Obsidian 800D Thread

AKA Arne-Mohammed and X-Force

sorry for bad English, I´m from Sweden

Xtreme Addict
    That will work with plenty of room leftover. As others have suggested, just Google for a few thousand Corsair Obisidan 800D watercooled PCs Many of them have a lot more water equipment happily housed inside.
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    erm *pokes*

800D=Corsair
    Yes I stand corrected! lol
    24/7 Work & Play Rig
    Gigabyte X58A-UD5, i7 920 @ 4.56ghz 1.48v 21x217, G.Skill PI 12Gb 8-8-8-24-1T 1.56V @ 1736Mhz
    EK Supreme HF P1, Dual EK DCP 4.0 Pumps and EK Res, XSPC RX360 & RX240 w/ 1850rpm GT's
    Sapphire HD 4870 1Gb @ 810/1020mhz, 2x Dell 2407, 2x 1Tb WD Black SATA3, 2x 2Tb Hitachi 7k2000
    Cooler Master ATCS 840, Corsair 750TX PSU, running OSX 10.6.3 & Win 7 64

Xtreme Guru
    Imho one tripple rad is not enough for cooling 2 gpu-s & cpu, at least at overclock most of us run at . Of course, if you gonna run everything at stock speeds, it might suffice, but for overclock? :/
    And i dislike GT rads being high-finned (=loving high rpm&loud fans, not so for slow&quiet ones).

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't think he has GPUs on water.

Still, mediocre rad.

Xtreme Guru
    Ugh, on the second look yes, it's just tube going near them
    .. walking away mumbling something about lack of morning coffee

Thanks for the input everyone!

And yeah I'm not gonna put the gpus on water.

Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power radiator any good? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835108098

I suppose I could buy a "thicker" rad to mount up top, something like this http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ra...ad-xt-360.html
    but would I still have room for 6 fans on my rad and be able to reach the cpu/mosfet input?

Xtreme Guru
    Colonel_Volx: MCR is much better choice. Half the price of GT rad and much better performance with silent fans. There are 5-10% better rads for silent fans, but they cost just like GT, twice the price of MCR . From what i know about EK rads, they are like black ice gtx ones, highfinned aswell (=loving high rpm fans for good cooling performance)
    This test/comparison might help with choice.
    P.S.
    For extra performance you can consider push-pull setup (fans from both sides of rad)
    EDIT
    Damn, mistook EK rads with Koolance ones which were highfinned ones similar like GTX/GTS. EK is actually only 11FPI, so should work good enough aswell.
    Last edited by Church; 05-30-2010 at 10:14 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Volx View Post
    Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power radiator any good? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835108098
    It's a whole lot better than the GTS, it can also be had a little cheaper without waiting.

http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-MCR...r-pr-3320.html
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

I agree. I'm using that same rad in my 800D. One heads up - there might not be much room under your bottom GPU for the pump. That's where my 655 is sitting and it's blocking the bottom PCI slot and any full size cards would br problematic in the other low slots. Since I'm not planning to use those slots I don't mind it. But with your build it might be a squeeze.

Alright sweet, I'll go with the MCR320 and be using a push/pull setup.

Quote Originally Posted by DBoone View Post
    I agree. I'm using that same rad in my 800D. One heads up - there might not be much room under your bottom GPU for the pump. That's where my 655 is sitting and it's blocking the bottom PCI slot and any full size cards would br problematic in the other low slots. Since I'm not planning to use those slots I don't mind it. But with your build it might be a squeeze.

I probably wont use the bottom pci slot but do you think I'll have enough clearance between the top of the pump to the bottom of the GPU? If the top of the pump is able to fit under the GPU but not the barb, I could maybe angle the pump so the barb is outside of the GPU and have the pump top below the GPU.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What's wrong with putting the pump below the midplate?

Xtreme Guru
    DBoone: hmm, that bad? I was thinking of that place for dual D5 top with multilink res on top. But if it will hurt possibilities of adding 2nd gpu, i might have to rethink placement position :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibbler View Post
    What's wrong with putting the pump below the midplate?
    My planned PSU is rather long, and in future i possibly will add another rad in that space ..

Yeah I would recommend putting your pump in the bottom (where the uselss 3.5 inch bays are at ) or using a smaller resevoir and putting it alongside the MOBO (under the resevoir,) or using a bay mount. There's plenty of room in the top for a thick radiator, I am running a black ice GTX and 38mm fans and there is about 1 cm of room to spare.

Xtreme Guru
    If i'm gonna use space of 3.5 non hotswap enclosure (by probably removing it), i simply gonna place there even bigger rad
    And it's not res that takes most of width (5-6cm diameter), but dual pump top itself (8cm wide).
    Last edited by Church; 05-31-2010 at 12:20 AM.

This will give you an idea about spacing with the pump in your planned location.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0465_2.jpg 
Views:	902 
Size:	303.2 KB 
ID:	105000  

Xtreme Guru
    DBoone: hmm, at least 2nd GPU should fit, if i use 45deg on top of pump, good enough for me (probably single 5970, and maybe 2nd in future). BTW, what do you use here for pump vibration dumpening?

Quote Originally Posted by DBoone View Post
    This will give you an idea about spacing with the pump in your planned location.
    Thanks, I might have to go below the mid plate now

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Volx View Post
    Thanks, I might have to go below the mid plate now
    Hmm, interesting idea. I'm starting to think about dremeling cutout in midplate, covering cuts with "c" profile rubber, and putting pump on top of PSU/partially lowered .. afterall, i still want for res (together with pump top) be placed there, for good looks right behind the window of course (and for tubing to be shorter)
    Last edited by Church; 05-31-2010 at 07:16 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    Not certain if you said so or not, but have you purchased the pump already?

You could swap over to a DDC3.2 (MCP355) It should allow you to mount it on the mid plate where you want to mount it and not worry about clearance around video cards.

Both pumps are adequate for your loop, so no concerns there.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    BTW, what do you use here for pump vibration dumpening?
    I used the pad that came with the pump.