Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4047484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1343

Thread: ASUS AMD Beta BIOS Releases

Xtreme Member
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Is there maybe a little bit of overreaction going on? Asus support in my experience is dire. Any time I've tried to use it I normally wait a week before I get a poorly worded email back which is just my question reworded or something similar to turn it off and back on again. If you look at their support forums they're pretty much useless for information etc. It's possibly the only way Asus can compete though, since providing support is expensive, and there's a big appetite for it. But surely Bingo can handle a bit of criticism without everybody leaping in front of him... I'm not agreeing with diddi, I haven't actually bothered to find out what he's moaning on about. I'm just saying it might be best for everybody to calm down a bit and not read everything as personal attacks.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Halk View Post
    Is there maybe a little bit of overreaction going on? Asus support in my experience is dire. Any time I've tried to use it I normally wait a week before I get a poorly worded email back which is just my question reworded or something similar to turn it off and back on again. If you look at their support forums they're pretty much useless for information etc. It's possibly the only way Asus can compete though, since providing support is expensive, and there's a big appetite for it. But surely Bingo can handle a bit of criticism without everybody leaping in front of him... I'm not agreeing with diddi, I haven't actually bothered to find out what he's moaning on about. I'm just saying it might be best for everybody to calm down a bit and not read everything as personal attacks.
    Fairly well said but my anger for lack of a better word was the comments based to Bingo13 knowing he'd been dealing with having a child with Cancer.
    To me at least when your dealing with someone in that position you immediately take a mental step back and cut them some slack as we say here.
    You just say to yourself that in the big picture your own little issues over things like bios pale in comparision to what he's dealing with.
    Then you say a quiet prayer that the child manages to make it through this.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

I had no intention of sparking off an argument I just asked the guy what was bingo13's fault, I doubt very much that he's the head man at ASUS or that he decides the policy for the support, I think we are lucky we have him at all. I've been in computers since the early 70's and I've found support from most manufacturers is not good at times, MSI and Gigabyte weren't the best at one time. I have a 790FX board (M4A79T Deluxe) with a 1090T in it and it runs quite well, maybe not as well as it could but it is pretty good considering. As to ASUS support a friend and I have had a graphics problem and ASUS support did a custom BIOS that fixed it which they didn't have to as it was basically a Windows problem that Microsoft were not interested in so in my book they are the good guys. I apologize for the post it was not meant the way it was taken.
    ASUS BULLDOZER 990FX BIOS 0813
    BULLDOZER FX8150 @ 4.7ghz water cooled
    2 x G.Skill RipjawsX F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD(16gig) @ 2133mhz 9-11-9-28-40-CR1 @1.65v
    PSU Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1200watt
    2xATI 5870 Crossfired
    Corsair Force Series 3 120gb SSD 3x1 terabyte Seagate Barracuda HD's

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Halk View Post
    I'm just saying it might be best for everybody to calm down a bit and not read everything as personal attacks.
    Halk, calling someone a lier is not a personal attack? As I already wrote if feelings about the support of the product reaches that level then it's time to move on to something else.

Posting in this thread is not part of Gary's job. He does it as an extra to try to help out the user. He is also not the one writing the BIOS code. Something we should all keep in mind.

Xtreme Member
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Praz, of course that is. I did say "not read everything as personal attacks", I wasn't meaning that specifically, I was meaning in general. You're quite right though that it shouldn't go to that level, regardless.

Xtreme Addict
    Long-term workaround: next time choose a different brand instead of ASUS. I think that MSI has a better support for example.
    -

Xtreme Member
    C'mon guys, real life comes first. If someone's loved one has health issues, it's top priority for him. Nothing else matters. Period.

I'm wishing a speeding recovery, wholeheartedly, and I don't even know the guy

But I should say that; the whole "Get a different brand, next time" thing it's a bit silly. Well Mr. Obvious, of course I'll get a different brand next time, but since I'm stack with that one now, I demand to get the support I bought, along with the product.
    I know that bitc4ing to an xs member isn't of any use, but if a member is directly connected to company's support, it seem rather fair to get a good piece of "feedback"... PLUR

Brilliant Idiot
    I'm going to tell you guys a little story and you can be a judge of character.

Quakecon this past year. Some girl from like 4 states away needed someone to diagnose her machine, I ran over with a port 80 and quickly determined her ASUS striker II was dead, most likely something bad happened in transit. So here is this poor girl 4 states away at quakecon with no gaming rig now and not enough money to buy one.

I felt bad she was an ASUS user and was going to have the worst quakecon experience ever. I asked Gary if we could help out thinking maybe he had an old socket 775 board laying around.

Gary went home and came back with a complete AMD rig from the ground up for her and built it right there on the spot and gave it to her. He spent the day assembling it installing OS and just about everything she could possibly need and then just gave it to her.

That is the type of person Gary is regardless of whether he works for this company or that company that tells me alot. Gary would give someone the shirt off his own back.

Think about that next time you verbally assault someone on a forum.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

I am Xtreme
    ^moral of the story is that cute women get everything

seriously though, most people in the world are really awesome, but society likes to remember the negative things and they let it easily convince them of the wrong perspective of a person.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post

seriously though, most people in the world are really awesome, but society likes to remember the negative things and they let it easily convince them of the wrong perspective of a person.
    Tbh she was a preety decent sized girl and certainly not a model.

And yes I agree.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Quote Originally Posted by Ccaution View Post
    C'mon guys, real life comes first. If someone's loved one has health issues, it's top priority for him. Nothing else matters. Period.

I'm wishing a speeding recovery, wholeheartedly, and I don't even know the guy

But I should say that; the whole "Get a different brand, next time" thing it's a bit silly. Well Mr. Obvious, of course I'll get a different brand next time, but since I'm stack with that one now, I demand to get the support I bought, along with the product.
    I know that bitc4ing to an xs member isn't of any use, but if a member is directly connected to company's support, it seem rather fair to get a good piece of "feedback"... PLUR

you cannot hold asus for not giving u the best ever bios on a new product that came out while your part was legacy, they added x6 support that they did not have to and then they have to customize the AGESA code for a platform that is unsupported by the current gen parts AGESA rev. so its not like they gave nothing it works with the x6, but they cannot overcome the hardware problems with the old HT support on the 790 and they cannot go through and do a full optimization on the core bios code like they can with the new platforms. sure keeping voltage steady should happen but look at msi or gigabyte they are not doing any better. and when the BD comes out im expecting the same grade of support as u got with the the 790 to thulban, sure im sure it will work but ocing may not be up to par with the BD native platform.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    ( I'm on a CIVF so, nothing of the (correct) above you wrote, applies )

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    I'm going to tell you guys a little story and you can be a judge of character.

Quakecon this past year. Some girl from like 4 states away needed someone to diagnose her machine, I ran over with a port 80 and quickly determined her ASUS striker II was dead, most likely something bad happened in transit. So here is this poor girl 4 states away at quakecon with no gaming rig now and not enough money to buy one.

I felt bad she was an ASUS user and was going to have the worst quakecon experience ever. I asked Gary if we could help out thinking maybe he had an old socket 775 board laying around.

Gary went home and came back with a complete AMD rig from the ground up for her and built it right there on the spot and gave it to her. He spent the day assembling it installing OS and just about everything she could possibly need and then just gave it to her.

That is the type of person Gary is regardless of whether he works for this company or that company that tells me alot. Gary would give someone the shirt off his own back.

Think about that next time you verbally assault someone on a forum.
    Gary is one of the most nice, generous, charitable people I know.

I for one wouldnt be half as well off if it werent for guys like Brian here and Gary Key @ ASUS. ...you guys have both done a lot for me and I know Gary cares very much about this community.

If your kid had cancer would you be focusing on minor bios updates for people on a forum that you dont even need to be at or taking care of your family?

Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post

Seriously, Gary donated to me half a system just because I took some risks with what I had and truely pushed my hardware way back when. Somehow I strayed away from trying hard for a while...

Gary offered me an M4A89GTD Pro non USB3 board to pair up with my Gigabyte board because I was having problems with the IGP and ram clocking, sometimes the board wouldnt even post and appeared dead for hours...(and we know GTD clocks ram well)
    I asked if there were any frills or suprises, he said no, just take the offer and enjoy the board...I was literally blown out of my mind so I gave him my addy.

Two weeks later, large 4 ft by 2 ft box ends up at front door... I find an M4A89TD Pro/US3 890FX board (significant upgrade), 40GB Intel SSD and a brand new ASUS 4870X2 TOP 2GB inside.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 04-29-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme Cruncher
    everyone knows that Bingo13 made this thread out of generosity .
    BUT , when you say on 29/9 after a long period of absence and promises for new updates (very soon) :
    4. I am back on a consistent basis.
    After that you simply can't leave people alone again for more than 6 months without giving any kind of update . Doesn't matter if it is in his jobdescription or not . That's just common sense .
    This hasn't anything to do with anyone having cancer at that time . Everyone on this forum felt for him and told him so .
    Normal behaviour would be to at least say that we don't have to keep our hopes up and that any promises from his side are not being kept by Asus . At least not in the timeframe promised . And maybe a reason why Asus thinks that way .

Main rig 1: Corsair Carbide 400R 4x120mm Papst 4412GL - 1x120mm Noctua NF-12P -!- PC Power&Cooling Silencer MK III 750W Semi-Passive PSU -!- Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H -!- Intel i7 4790K -!- Swiftech H220 pull 2x Papst 4412 F/2GP -!- 4x4gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1866Mhz CAS9 1.5V (D9PFJ) -!- 1Tb Samsung 840 EVO SSD -!- AMD RX 480 to come -!- Windows 10 pro x64 -!- Samsung S27A850D 27" + Samsung 2443BW 24" -!- Sennheiser HD590 -!- Logitech G19 -!- Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse -!- Fragpedal -!- Eaton Ellipse MAX 1500 UPS .

Has anyone experienced any problems with X6 CPU's or bricked one with BIOS 3012?

Wasn't the last update 11/4/2011? that's earlier this month.
    Last edited by Tonyb; 04-30-2011 at 05:07 AM.
    2 x G.Skill RipjawsX F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD(16gig) @ 2133mhz 9-11-9-28-40-CR1 @1.65v
    2xATI 5870 Crossfired

If your kid had cancer would you be focusing on minor bios updates for people on a forum that you dont even need to be at or taking care of your family?
    This has nothing to do with it.
    Up until ~a half year ago bingo said there will be something very soon for various 700 series boards (the M4A79 for example), but that never happened, he never even said anything about the reasons.
    In the last few month his start post of this thread stated regarding bioses that are in validation "Just about all of them", but on April 11th he changed that text to 800 series only, once again without giving a statement about what happened with the other bios releases that where in validation a long time ago.
    All I want from him is to give a clear statement regarding the bios updates that were meant to come.

Just checked my PMs. The last PM I got from him was from December 7th 2010, stateing once again that they got a beta bios for testing right now and that it will be, if nothing goes wrong, online in the next week.
    But that, once again, never happened
    Last edited by diddi35; 04-30-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyb View Post
    Has anyone experienced any problems with X6 CPU's or bricked one with BIOS 3012?

Wasn't the last update 11/4/2011? that's earlier this month.
    3012 was already said not to be used with Phenom CPU's. It's an Orochi test bios, agesa updates are not even there...
    Smile

I am Xtreme
    I really hope you will take them very sad comments back asap... I really wish you will never ever be in sortlike situations... I feel very ashamed/dissapointed of some of the above posts, even by a fellow country man. You sound more like selfish spoiled brats. As long as you get yours, what happens to the others seems not important...

IF there was a functional beta bios available, I think he would have shared it... if not : wait or move on...

AGAIN : FYI not all issues can be reproduced by the testers... so where do you look for solution ? ... Can the solution be achieved via BIOS coding ? Hardware modding required ?

If you read similar posts, would you even care to come back ? I wouldn't ... nuff said... love me or hate me I couldn't care less... you two are in the ignore list... as common sense, is what you refer too, is impossible to achieve with the displayed attitude...

Ban me or not Dave, at least I won't be spending any more valuable time in this derailed thread...
    Last edited by Leeghoofd; 04-30-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    3012 was already said not to be used with Phenom CPU's. It's an Orochi test bios, agesa updates are not even there...
    I'm not using it I'm just curious, some guys seem to be using it with X6's. If it is not meant to be used why make it available on the downloads, if some people have pre-release bulldozer chips to test then it should only be available to them I would have thought but then I'm thick.
    2xATI 5870 Crossfired

Quote Originally Posted by Leeghoofd View Post

IF there was a functional beta bios available, I think he would have shared it... if not : wait or move on...
    If there never was any functional beta, he never should have said that he will post it very soon

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    what does Orochi mean?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erek View Post
    what does Orochi mean?
    Bulldozer, Orochi, Zacate, Llano, Ontario... are some of the codenames for the upcoming AMD chips mate

Xtreme Member
    Bulldozer, Orochi, Zacate, Llano, Ontario... are some of the codenames for the upcoming AMD chips mate
    so Orochi (native 8-core) should work with the 3012 BIOS ?

Xtreme 3D Team
    Orochi is the 8 core to be exact...which doesnt make sense because its also called Zambezi...so that matter is confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by erek View Post
    so Orochi (native 8-core) should work with the 3012 BIOS ?
    Yeah.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by diddi35 View Post
    If there never was any functional beta, he never should have said that he will post it very soon
    Thats what had me stumped. Brings back a memory in the 9th grade, a girl named Jessica and a serious case of Blue Balls.
    Windows 7 X64/ Phenom X6 1090T@4.1/ Crosshair IV Formula 890FX/ Saphire Toxic 5850/ Patriot Torqx SSD 2x 64GB RAID 0, Seagate 1TB storage/ Corsair TX750W/ Haf 932/ DDR3- Muskin

Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4047484950515253 ... LastLast