Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS AMD Beta BIOS Releases

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post
    Anyone know if asus crosships for rma's?
    Also wondering if I pay the diffrence if they will ship me an extreme board, because that is the board I wanted but this was the only board out at the time.

I can't use a credit card to ship stuff...
    I'll have to borrow money.
    Asus is a manufacturer not a reseller. They are not going to sell you a board outright or as an exchange. Without a credit card no manufacturer is going to cross-ship a product.

Xtreme Addict
    I haven't been running over 100mhz pcie speed for more then an hour(testing) for over 2 months now.

The enermax is still going strong and puts out less emi noise then my new psu (I gotta order ferrite beads for this new psu).
    Ie, the enermax was more solid then this psu is curreently so don't go dissing that psu lol.
    I've had that psu for years and it's been a good one.

As for the tim stuffs, redid all of it yesterday, south bridge, north bridge and cpu.
    All decent temps.
    The south bridge wasn't touching the heatsink for most of it's life though, finally got that on right yesterday.

Everything seemed to be working fine until I rebooted this morning to save my cmos profile.
    Gaming was stable, s&m, even y cruncher.

To get y cruncher stable at 3ghz I had to go way higher on the nb voltage, I found that out a while ago.
    Everything was stable at +.134v or something like that.
    But I have to use something like + .24x volts to get it y cruncher stable.

I disabled turbo mode along time ago since I discovered the fluctuation with it.
    So I run 3.5ghz for now until that can be fixed.
    And my cpu voltage at the lowest voltage it can go, is 100% stable on everything I've tested so far.
    Even 8hrs of prime, that is no 48hrs I know this but still.

You're talking to a guy that has gotten a dfi nf2 282-3mhz dual chan stable 8hrs prime stable on a dfi nf2 in the past...
    I'm not a dumb @ss...

My hard drive I verified by hand, those are fine.
    I thaught of that already but I know they are fine .

All 3 vga card's I've tried have showed the same probs on this board, but ok on my dfi 790fx (haven't tried the 460 se on the dfi though, but as far as I can tell the vga card is good).

The only things I have not done are:
    Try a diff board.
    Try a diff cpu.
    Try diff mem.
    Because I don't have anything am3 other then this board :\.
    And the dfi 790-fx ut board is nto compatible with my cpu otherwise I would of tried that .

The mem I really don't think is bad.
    It could be, but I think it's more the board then anything else.

I suppose it could be the cpu, but that would blow, tried rmai'ing my 9950be when I killed it's mem chan's with a bad smbus scan(thaiphoon burner) and I could never get ahold of amd.

I re-inserted my vga card this morning, notta.
    The mem sticks half the time when I put them in the board won't power on though.
    I have to re-insert them or sometimes I can just push in on them a bit to get the board to power on.

Man, this vga card rocks for ps2 emulation, everything would be perfect if it wasn't for this stability bs.

Edit:
    I got a credit card...
    Duh...
    But I can't go to the d@mned post office with a cc...

One last edit:
    I'll redo the board's heatsinks and cpu one more time today.
    Just not right this sec though, I don't wanna take my case apart and redo all my cabling and all that stuff right now.
    It's a pain to get my board out of this case .
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 12-19-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Xtreme Addict

This what my temps look like this sec.
    You guys I wouldn't be hear talking about this if I couldn't of figuered it out myself .
    I can put everything on auto and it still errors out.
    One day it's stable and the next it's not, seems like a repeating pattern that never ends.

I don't really know if it was 100% stable to begin with.
    I had it for a day or 2, seemed good, flashed the bios and everything went to heck.
    And ever since I've had probs that I've tried to get past, and sometimes it seems I've finally gotten past them and it comes up again.
    And each time it gets harder.

Quote Originally Posted by NEOAethyr View Post

This what my temps look like this sec.
    You guys I wouldn't be hear talking about this if I couldn't of figuered it out myself .
    I can put everything on auto and it still errors out.
    One day it's stable and the next it's not, seems like a repeating pattern that never ends.

I don't really know if it was 100% stable to begin with.
    I had it for a day or 2, seemed good, flashed the bios and everything went to heck.
    And ever since I've had probs that I've tried to get past, and sometimes it seems I've finally gotten past them and it comes up again.
    And each time it gets harder.
    Try manually setting the ram to 1333mhz and default volts. NB and HT to 2000mhz with volts on auto.

Xtreme Addict
    Okdokey, I just read your post so I tried that again.
    I usually just set everything to normal volts and lower the speeds on everything.
    Last time when I loaded defaults it fixed some of my probs for a while.

I loaded setup defaults.
    Enabled raid for the 1st 4 sata ports.
    Disable firewire, usb3 and that extra sata chip.
    I saved exited the bios.

I got into windows 7, ran s&m 1.9.1+.
    Did the fast mem test in it, got stuck at 37% left for test 1 :\.
    I usually run the normal length test but the fast tests seem to be working good for testing this right now.
    Normal length, when I tried it a half hour ago it got stuck on the end of test 3.

Ram is at 1333mhz, cpu at 3200mhz nb at 2000 and the ht I'm not 100% sure, would assume it's 2000 but could be lower.

Could be my os screwing with me.
    I'm gonna check in windows 2003 for min, brb.

My ears are ringing alot more then usual though :\.
    And my mom nor my brother can hear tv's so I have no way of finding out if anything is ringing in my pc right now.
    My fan controller is making a heck of alot of switching noise, more so then I remmeber when I 1st got this psu.
    Rails are steady though.

I'm thinking about jerry rigging some ferrite rings on my cables, got 2 allready on the eps connector.
    Thinking about adding a ring or 2 to the atx by looping it through once and wrapping around though that loop hole on the other side.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 12-19-2010 at 10:30 AM.

I believe that narrows things down abit. Its either the ram/compatibility and/or the bios update you did.

Xtreme Addict
    I went to win2k3 and there was a small amount of graphic corruption on the boot screen(fake loading screen).
    Failed s&m.
    Powered off and put my gt 240 in, reset cmos using the button on the back of the board.
    Didn't post.
    Reinserted, nothing, put my gtx 460, reset cmos again, nothing.
    Took off..., came back.

Unpluged drives and sensors, kept fans and board, got rid of mem fan and took 2nd stick of mem out.
    Posted.

Loaded a cmos profile from yesterday when it was stable.
    S&m unstable.
    And note that it was unstable anyways with the cmos defaults before this.

Probably mem slots.
    Or or could of been one of my sensors, apperently I had the ambient one pinnched between the side panel of the case hanging outside it...
    Short cause my no post, maybe lol..

But my system is unstable.
    And it's also possible it was the connection on my 2nd mem stick.

I've already tried 1 stick at a time though.
    I've had this board for pretty darn close to half a year I think.
    I would think I would of noticed the sloppyness of the mem slots being my main stability prob.
    But maybe it is., I kinda of doubt it though.

I have still yet to try with my gt 240 to see if I'm s&m stable again.
    If I am it's something to do with the vga card, or maybe not but still whatever .

But on the other hand, if I'm not stable with the other vga card either.
    Then I think it's my mem.

But in the unlikely thing(I hope) being that it's my cpu causing the errors.
    The only way I would explain that other then it needs to be re-inserted for some reason.
    Would be that I went to 1.6v on the cpu-nb before.
    Backed it down when it didn't help though.
    Checking for 3250+.
    I need I think 1.3v to boot windows with it but it's never stable with anything I've done so far.

I'm just gonna chill for a bit and then try the other card with a single stick of mem.
    I know I got something that's bad somewhere now, probably anyways ^^.

I see graphic corruption with crashes sometimes.
    But for a while there I wasn't seeing any with the crashes.
    But there were times were I saw it with every crash.

That happened on all 3 vga cards.

I would figuer the mem next .
    But why both and wth...

It kinda makes sense when you compare the stability of all 3 cards, 8600gt being the most stable and the gtx460 being the least.
    But so does power comsumption...
    That's what I attributed it to at the time, I didn't bother to read the rails between cards.

Might be moving alot a texture around in system mem... even though I got that disabled... hmm
    That might be why bad company 2 was crashing... and isn't now with the custom driver I made.

Huh, I guess I'll looking at the mem as being the prob probably.
    Cool, kinda.
    I don't want to rma my board...
    Or my cpu especially.
    Might be possible to rma the vga card from newegg I dn, hasn't been very long since I got it.

I wish I had another stick to test with.
    I dn...
    Mem was like $100-120.
    I could live with rma's those though, small and should have good warrenty.
    I never took it much past 1.68v, most of the time just under it.
    Had to to get 2000 stable, along with upping the data drive strengths and ref volts a notch(0.505).

Sorry for long post .
    And for being cranky.

Memory prices are waay down where I'm at. My 4 gig set is only 65 bucks now lolz.. I paid 106 ehhe 5 months ago

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah I see that lmao, I wish I would of waited 'till christmas to buy a new setup.
    Saw some gskill pi's 2133 with 7 timings on newegg for resonable price, 2x2gigs.
    (Much rather have 4 gigs then 2 of course, 2 is just cutting it on for example, mw2's museum level)

I was gonna post last night because I forgot to mention something but ohwell.
    When I 1st got my board ready to post again for the 1st time, when it wasn't posting.
    Immediatly the board's lights came on when I powered on the psu(before powering on the board).
    The lights I'm talking about are the power and reset buttons, plus the other 2 beside them.
    It was just the other day when those light's weren't turning on before I'de power up the board.
    I would think psu prob, but I'm not so sure considering the way the board acts when you, example don't have any mem sticks pluged in and try to power it on, stuff like that.

Anyways, I went to bed last night after talking to a cousin from tennesse over the phone about movies and series.
    Just before I went to bed, I was failng s&m's mem test.
    I was also corrupting any big downloads that I was doing with opera (100-300megs), if I did to much web page surfing when dl'ing.
    And torrent's were getting tons of errors, so I didn't run my client for any length of time all day yesterday.

I get up, do some more dl's with opera, no probs.
    Decide I'm done with that for now, I need to get working on this pc, test that other vga card.
    So I get a torrent for this movie that my cousin talked about, I was gonna dl it before I gave the modem up for the day and continued work on the system.
    Listening to music and eating popcorn.
    I decide I wanted to see how much of a prob my torrent client is having, dropping peers, errors and etc.
    It's over 20% done, no errors, whoa I'm thinking.
    So I run s&m's quick mem test, which I could not pass at all yesterday (not the greatest test but it's sure good enough for what I need at this moment).
    Keh, what the heck it's passed test 1..., whoa it passed all of it...

Here's a screen shot.

(Note s&m's newest ver, the 1.91+ ver has issues after it's test, hence the % left in the screen shot after the test was completed, it's the ver of it, older ver doesn't have any prob like that after it's done testing)

So there goes the idea of trying to use a diff vga card to test my system for stability.
    My system hasn't been reset or powered off between this morning and yesterday at all.
    Should still be unstable.

Could be the psu, something I was thinking about trying after the vga card swap.
    I kinda doubt it though, psu seems solid, and besides my other psu showed signs of instability on this board too.
    But for now I'm gonna try to setup an rma for my mem as soon as possible.

There goes the idea that was any sort of odd vga compatibility prob with the board's bios that I originally thaught was the main prob a while back with my 1st posts.

And btw, I'm sorry for hijacking the thread a bit dudes.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 12-20-2010 at 07:25 AM.

How does GPUZ or other software show the cards you've tried ? If any are showing 8x instead of 16x PCIe 2.0, that maybe why. How fast was the ram running before you set it to 1333mhz ?

Xtreme Addict
    The ram was running at 2000mhz most of the time.
    There were times when I backed it off to 1666 and 1333 to check for probs.

As for the pcie link speed.
    It's been along time ago now that since I've seen the 8x mode on the 16x slot, 1st slot, that was with the gt 240 and my enermax.
    Re-inserting the card always fixed it though (heatsink is an old a64 big aluminum heatsink that came with some of the very original a64's, a bit to big...).

And I hadn't seen that prob happen in some time even with the enermax.
    I haven't seen it with the new psu either.
    I just assume it was my error, must of not put the card in quite right.
    It's 1mm off from the pcie slot, very very close.

My 8600gt had a smaller heatsink epoxied to it, I think it was a thermaltake volcano 3 or 5 that I got 2nd hand, a big aluminum one but not a giant heatsink, could still see both sides of the board lol.
    I had no issues with it running at the wrong speeds.

I checked gpu-z yesterday, because that's where I saw the link speed problem originally.
    PCIE 16x 2.0...

I should rma the ram...
    But I was typing over in the thread I made in the gskill section a few mins ago and I remembered my 1st experiences with this board getting the ram stable at 2000mhz.
    I remember that it was being retarded on me, was stable once and never again.
    So I flashed the bios hoping that it would fix the speed limitation prob I had.
    so I could finally get 2000mhz reliable and it made it much worse.
    It was like 2 days later and I was able to get it stable and I didn't care exactly how.
    I knew what was required to help it along, but I wasn't sure about why the board was acting up before that.

After flashing the bios and it still being a pain in the butt, I redid the heatsink on the board.
    And then sometime after that it was just working.

Before I even tried to get 2000mhz 100% stable (fussy a few times I tried so I gave up) is when I was running all my games stable at 1666 or 1800 (I was switching between diff fsb's to figuer it out a bit more).
    I tried to make sure everything was all good asap before to getting my every day clocks, since those were just being a pain to achieve.

At the time I specifically remmember cod-mw2 being stable, or at least I thaught.
    And sometime afterwards mw2 started crashed iwihtin 40mins.
    It was quite a while until I got that game stable and the last time I knew all of the cod's were stable even when other games had probs.

I try to run the games for 2 hours, to check for probs.
    And sometimes I'm having no issues with a specific game.
    Thinking I finally got it, I'de save the profile.
    I go back with the same exact settings in a diff day and crash in 40mins or less.

There had been several times when I up'ed timings and voltages a notch or 2 thinking it was the fix for my probs.
    Only to go back another day and see it crash again.
    Then I'de try up'ing diff things a notch or 2 again.
    And if there was no fix, I would think to myself, man I hope I didn't get a false positive.
    And usually it was like that :\.
    That's why I've been complaining about the board so much, so many false positives.

Usually this stuff takes only a few days, maybe a week, or perhaps a month to get it at it's peak.
    But with this setup, it wasn't until just before I got my gtx 460 se when I finally got a cmos profile that seemed to work 100%.
    The only thing left to do was prime it for 48hrs at the largest fft I could do(with 512m of free ram so I could still run games and do other things, 16384k fft's or higher, somewhere aorund that custom upper fft area).

I get the 460 se, stability went to shiz.
    Got it halfway fixed, got 2hrs of y cruncher, ready for an 8hr run sooner or later.
    And all the sudden all stability in games that I worked for is gone again, I had just fixed all those game's stability with this card.
    Then it really hit the fan...

Just before stability went down hill again with the 460 se, my entier set of settings were the exact same as before I got the 460 se :\.
    One day mafia 2 needs 0.1 higher cpu volts, next day not.
    One day bfbc2 needs lower ram speed to start a mission, next day it runs with no crashes at 2000mhz.
    One day y cruncher need lower cpu nb speed, next day it passes 2hrs.
    These are instances of when I was working with the 460 se stability probs.

Working with the gt 240 and 8600 gt...
    Very simuler stuff would happen.
    I remember one day y cruncher hard locking my system at an hour and a half even at this higher cpu-nb voltage (+0.24375v instead of +1.31xv(or really ? +1.34375v)).
    Increasing 2 steps above that seemed to fix it until I got tired of testing.
    One day, when everything seemed halfway ok, I test again at the +0.24375v setting and it passes 8hrs while I'm sleeping...

The other day with teh 460 se, instant crash at 3ghz nb.
    Seemed ok for an hour at least at 2750.
    Upping voltages for everythign didn't help.
    Increasing drive strength for the data drive back to where I had it before fixed it, was it just that???
    I even increased my ram volts from 1.65v back to 1.6875v which is still not the ram's peak voltage for stability.
    Which I would of thaught would of put it over the edge for stability and got me there, same goes for cpu-nb voltages.

It was the very next day, yesterday when stability really took a crap on me.
    And today, keh, seems ok'ish.
    I didn't reboot until just before I posted again in the gskill thread a bit ago to check my timings and stuff so I could post that info.
    It was one the whole time between being unstable and back to stable, that is trippy.

I remember getting 2000mhz stable, was to hard the very 1st time I passed it, tried adjusting a timing or voltage down or something and it was being pain since then.

This is why this board has had me stumped the whole time.
    It's seems like it's never reliable.
    And now I know it's actually something bad in my system, but I'm not 100% sure what.
    Board, mem or cpu.
    I'm leaning board or mem.
    Ram is easiest to rma though.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 12-20-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Running the ram so high may have damaged your CPU and/or its memory controller. The northbridge too.
    Have you tried a fresh install of windows with default cpu and ram speeds ?

still having problem of that hdmi -> lcd issue for m4a89gtd-pro (non usb3)
    and wanting to know if any chance that the next bios will have better oc performance with 4g sticks with hynnix chips, coz i just got a set of 8gb one, those can do 2000 cl9 on intel platforms
    not happening with my 1055t + m4a89gtd-pro tho.

Xtreme Addict
    @AmdAtiTom420
    I got another windows install to the side, a win2k3 install that I rarely use and that wasn't showing me any progress.
    Plus the fact that I can't install a vga driver now with my gt 240, to unstable.

I tried the gt 240.
    And I also tried my enermax modded 350w.
    Both still had the s&m mem errors.

Then I tried diff sata cables, that's the only kind parts I had replaced when I did my rebuild.
    That apperently isn't the cause though.

I did figuer out the no post prob.
    Was my monitor switching to vga input.
    I have both dvi and vga hooked into it, and the vga connector isn't hooked up to any card or computer.
    It just so happened by chance that it switched inputs automatically when shutting down and wouldn't switch back automatically when turning the system back on, apperently rare but it was throwing me off (Of course I was turning the monitor off and on between power up's but that wasn't cutting it).

It's no wonder why I wasn't seeing the built in screen saver like thing for the monitor when there was nothing driving it .
    At least I won't have to deal with that prob anymore, manually switched back to the dvi input and un-hooked my vga cable from it.

But as it stands it's still unstable.
    I'm gonna try my dfi later on, was trying to earlier... but I need raid drivers for that older board on a usb stick 1st.
    With the dfi I'll beable to really test the psu and new vga card to make sure those having nothing to do with it.
    Plus I'll have a system that isn't crashing just using the net.

Edit:
    Just reset my pc, had to redo modems setting because of some network update crap.
    Saw some major graphics corruptions on the boot logo and inside the bios.
    Reset and was back to normal.
    Not the vga card though.
    Just another bad sign lol.
    Gonna have to build that dfi up in the morning and switch to that before the board or whatever it really is dies out completely.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 12-21-2010 at 04:09 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I guess there's a lack of Christmas love from ASUS this year as we still can't get two NV cards recognized at the same time

Xtreme Addict
    The issue is being investigated as to what is causing this. Not easy when some user configurations work but other users have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by erek View Post
    I guess there's a lack of Christmas love from ASUS this year as we still can't get two NV cards recognized at the same time
    Wadda ya mean ? haha.. There is lots o Asus love lmao I had no probs running a 9800GT with a GTS 250 egreen on my mobo.

He probably messed up his NB and/or it memory controller and/or the cpu, running the ram soo high.

Quote Originally Posted by AmdAtiTom420 View Post
    Wadda ya mean ? haha.. There is lots o Asus love lmao I had no probs running a 9800GT with a GTS 250 egreen on my mobo.

He probably messed up his NB and/or it memory controller and/or the cpu, running the ram soo high.
    There are a lot of users, including myself, who can't see an nVidia card in the second slot. I have an AMD card in the primary and would like to see my 9600GT in the second slot. BIOS 1606 didn't fix the problem.
    | Case: Cooler Master | PSU: Corsair TX650W | MoBo: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 | CPU: AMD Phenom 1055T @3.9 | CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 | RAM: GSkill DDR3 2x2GB @ 1867 | GFX01: HD5850 | GFX02: 9600GT | HDD: Kingston SSD 128GB | DVD1: LG BD-ROM | DVD2: ASUS DVD-RW |Monitor: Asus 1080p |

Is anyone from ASUS still reading this? Try any combination of ASUS-branded Geforce cards in a MA89GTDPro/USB3 with BIOS 1606 and I guarantee the second card will fail to be detected. I do believe it works for some people, but it seems to be exception!

We've had a non-functional product for many months now. This should be at the top of your priority list!

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by oxydius View Post
    Is anyone from ASUS still reading this? Try any combination of ASUS-branded Geforce cards in a MA89GTDPro/USB3 with BIOS 1606 and I guarantee the second card will fail to be detected. I do believe it works for some people, but it seems to be exception!

We've had a non-functional product for many months now. This should be at the top of your priority list!
    Maybe you should read the thread again. ESPECIALLY this page.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 12-28-2010 at 12:42 PM.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Maybe you should read the thread again. ESPECIALLY this page.
    I know it's obviously being worked on as the last BIOS release four months ago was supposed to fix it but the issue remains for many users. What's taking so long and where's the latest beta BIOS? According to this thread it's been in validation testing for a whole month. Hopefully it means they're testing every single NVIDIA card on the market...

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by oxydius View Post
    I know it's obviously being worked on as the last BIOS release four months ago was supposed to fix it but the issue remains for many users. What's taking so long and where's the latest beta BIOS? According to this thread it's been in validation testing for a whole month. Hopefully it means they're testing every single NVIDIA card on the market...
    Quote Originally Posted by Praz, three days ago View Post
    The issue is being investigated as to what is causing this. Not easy when some user configurations work but other users have problems.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Anyone still have the 1605 bios for the M4A89GTD PRO USB3? The link is dead.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

currently has .2748428927348 internets
    create your own rules to find the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Dolk View Post
    Anyone still have the 1605 bios for the M4A89GTD PRO USB3? The link is dead.
    Why not use 1606?
    Nya-nya-nya...
    ------------------------------------
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.9 Ghz
    MB: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
    COOLER: Scythe Infinity, 2xKama Flow 2 Fans
    RAM: 2x2 GB Transcend DDR3-1333
    VIDEO: MSI R6950 TwinFrozr II 2 GB+ASUS GeForce 8600GT 256 MB
    HDD: WD 1 TB EALS
    PSU: SeaSonic X-650
    ODD: Asus DRW-1608P2S+Teac DW-548D

Xtreme Enthusiast
    X6 1090T (1010MPMW) @ 4267MHz 1.44V NB@3229MHz 1.33V | Asus Crosshair IV Formula | 2x2GB Corsair Dominator GTX2 @ 1845MHz 6-6-5-17-22 1T | Asus HD4890 @ 1050/4800 | Corsair HX850W | HAF 932
    EK Supreme HF | EK-FC4890LT | MCP655 + Koolance D5 Top | ThermoChill PA120.3 + 3x Enermax Magma | XSPC Bay res | Masterkleer 1/2" UV Red

Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast