Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS AMD Beta BIOS Releases

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo13 View Post
    M3A79-T Deluxe

BIOS 1609

1. Fixed CPU/NB Voltage setting may be not be set correctly for Thuban.
    2. Improved support of CPU ratio control for Thuban.
    3. Improved overclocking support for Thuban under high HT Frequency or HT Ref Clock.
    4. Improved DRAM clocking with Thuban

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gmkwni...Deluxe1609.rar
    Thank you

Xtreme Member
    So Far all the issues that were I had with 1606 are gone, see here & here for past issues.

Tempted to go get one of those 95w 1055T.
    Last edited by Gener_AL (UK); 07-01-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Tempation

M4A79 Series - Improved Thuban Performance, Improved Voltage range controls, still in beta testing as of 6/29
    Thanks for the update, bingo13.
    So it seems you really didn't ignore me.
    Thank you very much

M3A79-T Deluxe

BIOS 1609

1. Fixed CPU/NB Voltage setting may be not be set correctly for Thuban.
    2. Improved support of CPU ratio control for Thuban.
    3. Improved overclocking support for Thuban under high HT Frequency or HT Ref Clock.
    4. Improved DRAM clocking with Thuban

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gmkwni...Deluxe1609.rar
    Bingo13: GOOD JOB

This BIOS is much better than the previous release. Runs X6 pretty well (see attached). Here are some issues I found:

1. TRAS settings under DRAM config - only option is 'AUTO'.
    2. FSB Frequency capped at 250, will not run 1Mhz over this
    3. This chip is capable of 4Ghz but not stable beyond 3.8Ghz at the same vcore (1.4v). See HERE
    4. No option in bios to turnoff turbo core
    5. Intermittent downclock on idle to 200X4 = 800Mhz and vcore drop to 1.18with CNQ/C1E and Downcore all disabled (not able to reproduce this consistently).

I think this BIOS is pretty close. If you can add the turbo core option and tweak the overclocking on Thubans we have a winner. Great job by your Bios team
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by p4spooky; 07-03-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by p4spooky View Post
    Bingo13: GOOD JOB

This BIOS is much better than the previous release. Runs X6 pretty well (see attached). Here are some issues I found:

1. TRAS settings under DRAM config - only option is 'AUTO'.
    2. FSB Frequency capped at 250, will not run 1Mhz over this
    3. This chip is capable of 4Ghz but not stable beyond 3.8Ghz at the same vcore (1.4v). See HERE
    4. No option in bios to turnoff turbo core
    5. Intermittent downclock on idle to 200X4 = 800Mhz and vcore drop to 1.18with CNQ/C1E and Downcore all disabled (not able to reproduce this consistently).

I think this BIOS is pretty close. If you can add the turbo core option and tweak the overclocking on Thubans we have a winner. Great job by your Bios team
    I had the same issue heres the solution. Choose a lower ram speed such as 800mhz vs 1066 stock speed and then go to TRAS it should allow u to adjust the numbers adjust it to a random number. Then go back up change it to your ram speed and then u can choose what ever TRAS you want it unlocks it from AUTO.

Xtreme Member
    BIOS 3205 on M4A79t-Deluxe is causing a lot of crackle with creative soundcards. Identical drivers and OS didnt exhibit this at all with bios 2405. only 3004 and 3205 are doing this. im also having issues with USB devices getting lost under heavy load - they return as unknown usb device on the device manager and wont return until ive rebooted.

edit:

the sound card is an auzentech xfi - prelude
    the OS is win xp 64bit - all drivers are upto date

heavy load is 2 sessions of eve-online with foobar playign mp3's
    Last edited by pawl; 07-04-2010 at 11:08 AM.

yeah pawl I've run into that audio crackling issue with almost all of the bios for the m4a79t though so perhaps its just a 64bit type thing as I've never once had it do that on XP32, however you could be correct and its the boards fault, but I'd be more willing to blame creative with fail drivers then anything from past experiences.

would be nice if that could be fixed along with the cpu-nb fluctuation I've run into.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    Booted three times today with this BIOS (just for testing it) and the HDD recognition was OK.
    And again, thanks for sharing this beta!
    Problem with HDD detection is back
    IQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

outdated hardware

@bingo13
    I know its a little OT but is there any reason why ASUS started to block Opera from pages like http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us .
    That pages (the product selection) worked before, but now the second one only shows "undefined". Still works fine if opera identifies itself as Firefox or IE, so it seems to be a problem on your side.

Any update on the new CH4 bios?
    AMD PhenomII X6 1090T @ 3.2ghz coolIT A.L.C ECO
    ASUS Crosshair IV (BIOS: 1304)
    4 x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    1TB Seagate Constellation SATA2
    Zotac GTX 480 AMP! 1.5GB
    Fortress FT02 Limited Edition
    Creative X-Fi
    Corsair 850W PSU

Xtreme Addict
    Major Updates -

C4F - We should have a new beta shortly to address memory clocking improvements and some further voltage refinements.

M3N - I have a stable alpha now that allows better clocking on the X6 series and memory up to 1600 without a problem. The issue is that in order to do this then performance suffers on the earlier processors. We are still working on balancing this out with the limited ROM space along with some tweaks from NV.

M4A79 - The current alpha looks good and we should move into Beta very shortly. We are still working on the further voltage tweaking but it will probably not match the 890FX boards.

Xtreme Member
    Is the bios for the M4A89GTD-PRO-USB out of beta soon aswell?

M4A79 - The current alpha looks good and we should move into Beta very shortly. We are still working on the further voltage tweaking but it will probably not match the 890FX boards.
    Thanks for the update.
    It's more than I'd ever expected.
    And with support like that it is almost sure for me that my next board will be from ASUS again. (Just waiting for something like an M4A89 Deluxe )

Major Updates -

M3N - I have a stable alpha now that allows better clocking on the X6 series and memory up to 1600 without a problem. The issue is that in order to do this then performance suffers on the earlier processors. We are still working on balancing this out with the limited ROM space along with some tweaks from NV.
    sounds great.

Brilliant Idiot
    I know ln2 benching is not high priority bingo but.....

Any chance we will see the NB drop issue on failed OC fixed on m4a79 boards?

Very similar to the C4F nb voltage drop issue that existed except instead of voltage dropping the actual NB defaults back to 10X on a failed OC etc ( 06 cpu test crash in windows reboot and bios multi is correct but real mult = 10X) workaround was/is to drop NB multi one, reboot, back into bios NB multi up 1 reboot again........

Any chance we will see high ram clocks ( over 2000 ) colder than -80 on C4F?

Current issue, pretest at 2100 + on stock cooler = super pi 32m stable/memtest stable.....freeze beyond -80 = same settings low cpu clock hang on d5......
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Addict
    Eagerly awaiting the BIOS
    NZXT Tempest | Corsair 1000W
    Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    Intel i7 2500K Corsair H100
    PNY GTX 470 SLi (700 / 1400 / 1731 / 950mv)
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Kingston HyperX PC3-10700 (4x4096MB)(9-9-9-28 @ 1600mhz @ 1.5v)

Heatware: 13-0-0

Any updates regarding the M4A785-M bios?

Xtreme Addict
    I bought a CH IV few days ago. BIOS: 0905

My issues:

1.) The CPU voltage is fluctuating like hell. It's crazy and I'm fairly disappointed about this. I've never seen such a huge fluctutation on MSI's GD70 or any other mobo (including the cheapest ones!).

CPU Voltage set in BIOS: 1,390625V
    LLC: ON

Prime Blend: jumping between 1,432V and 1,440V

Idle: ~1,410V

CPU Voltage set in BIOS: 1,390625V
    LLC: OFF

Prime Blend: jumping between 1,300V and 1,312V (it's almost 0,1V drop compared to original value!!!)

Idle: ~1,370V

Because of this it's very difficult to find the most efficient 24/7 voltage when you're OCing the CPU. To be honest I was expecting more stable voltages for ~$230.

(I've made the measurements on the Probe It points but the mobo reported values are almost the same. At least the voltage sensors are working fine.)

2.) There is a huge (~20˙C) difference between the CPU and the mobo reported tempereature. I think that the truth is someweher halfway between the CPU and the mobo reported values.

+10˙C would be fine compared to CPU Core temp.

IDLE:

LOAD:

Other issues:

The C'n'Q and the C1E options are grayed out (=disabled) when I'm overclocking the CPU.

You can't change the CPU and the CPU NB VIDs in BIOS.

That's all...for now.
    Last edited by Oliverda; 07-11-2010 at 07:53 AM.
    -

any update for iv formula?

Xtreme Addict
    Oliverda

1. Tighter VCORE regulation is being worked on. With LLC on worst case you are seeing is a 0.030V spread which really isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things.

2. The DTS sensor for the core temperature on X6 processors does not report the correct value. Nothing to do with the board.

CPU & NB Voltage mode needs to be set to offset to enable C'n'Q and the C1E options.

I have had no issue setting any of the voltages in the BIOS so can't help there.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Oliverda

1. Tighter VCORE regulation is being worked on. With LLC on worst case you are seeing is a 0.030V spread which really isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things.

2. The DTS sensor for the core temperature on X6 processors does not report the correct value. Nothing to do with the board.

CPU & NB Voltage mode needs to be set to offset to enable C'n'Q and the C1E options.

I have had no issue setting any of the voltages in the BIOS so can't help there.

As you can see from my numbers now I see +0,050V spread with LLC on worst case. 0.020V would be okay but it's not. I hope that it will much better with the next BIOS.

Does CH IV use the CPU's DTS to determin the CPU temp? If it does then I don't know that why do I get this ~20˙C difference between the CPU and the mobo reported values. I think that the mobo reported CPU temp can be recalibrated.

Btw thanks for the offset tip.
    -

M3A79-t DELUXE
    Weird hard drive detection with use of a SSD as a OS drive. Within the BIOS you have to mess with the boot order making the SSD the 2nd or 3rd Hard drive in hard drive order which sometime works but on boot up it reads the prior disks before making OS load time slightly longer.

Sometimes that doesn't even work. You would need to unplug the SATA cable from the SSD and go up to were the boot fails and then try booting with the SATA cable connected.

This is a very weird issue.

Can not get a STABLE clock past 3.8-3.9 GHZ after testing the oc with Prime95. As said before this is unusual since other boards with the same chipset allow you to clock higher with less wattage.

I feel this BIOS is close. Just needs the CPU voltage to be fixed, allow for better x6 core over-clocking and fix SSD detection problems.
    Last edited by civicexcoupeman; 07-11-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Sweet, i hope this will stabilize my OC the last bit.. i can ALMOST get 210x19 stable, but only almost.

M4A89GTD bios 1503

when i use FSBRAM=3:10 level ,i cant get 290 or higher HTref Clock,whatever i did can change this. so i can only get my DDR3-2000 on FSBRAM=1:4,HTref Clock =250
    Intel Core i5 750@4GHz
    Gigabyte P55 UD4
    MSi R5850 TwinFrozrII
    Elpida Hyper MHN-E@1600-6-6-6-18
    intel x25-V+WD10EALS*2
    Corsair HX850
    Mega Shadow+SFF21C
    NZXT Phantom

i see asus updated Bios download list under M3A79T-Deluxe with version 1608 and ftp adress too but they forgot to change the CPU suport list and in here too http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx .
    Anyway, now is good;we finaly have an official bios version.But my question is : wich is better 1608 or the one from bingo13 1609? any changes or new things from 1608 to 1609 ?

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast