Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Project Normandy SS2010

Xtreme Member
    Sending my PSU for a sleeve job as i type. Whats your address again and how much did you say? LOL
    Looking Sweeeet!!! Keep up the work. I hope my build turns out even half as nice as yours.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josk1 View Post
    unless you do, like I did, change the cables themselves and get new connectors too!! it's still a pain in the a$$ to get them look all the same (same length of shrinks mostly) but you don't cut yourself as much trying to get them out one at a time!

besides that gives you a much better result using only black cables for black sleeves for example... and it's way more important when use use white sleeves like i did. otherwise you can see the colored cable underneath!

ok enough of this, sorry Joe
    It's ok. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy V View Post
    Sending my PSU for a sleeve job as i type. Whats your address again and how much did you say? LOL
    Looking Sweeeet!!! Keep up the work. I hope my build turns out even half as nice as yours.
    Every build got it own look and feel. The most important you like and proud with it. Just do our best!

A little OT here. There is no update for this project yet. Have been busy doing a set of PSU cables for a guys from Canada that have been bugging me for few days. I recommended him a MDPC sleeve ... probably cheaper for him but he insist of mine. Crazy chap! And his cable is super long ... 100cm for the 24pins Anyway I'm done with it. Shipped to him today ... across half of the world! Hope that he happy with it. Manage to get this few shot for viewing >

Now I got shortage of sleeve for myself ... siigh!

EVGA Classified E759-A1 l Intel i7 975 EE @4GHz l CORSAIR DDR3 7-8-7-20 @ 2000MHz 3X2GB l ASUS HD5970 l Silverstone 1200W l Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD X2 Raid0 l Windows 7 Ultimate l Custom Bench (Water Cooling)

Wow! You did such a great job of sleeving your wires and the routing at the back of the case is just so neat.
    Fantastic build mate.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-5 View Post
    Wow! You did such a great job of sleeving your wires and the routing at the back of the case is just so neat.
    Fantastic build mate.
    Thanks!

Today continue doing the cable management ... and got shortage of sleeve. Only the PCI-E cables that left unsleved. Tomorrow gonna get some more sleeve and P-clips too.

Sneak peak of the cables routing at the back ..

More photo shoot tomorrow! Stay tune!

EVGA Classified E759-A1 l Intel i7 975 EE @4GHz l CORSAIR DDR3 7-8-7-20 @ 2000MHz 3X2GB l ASUS HD5970 l Silverstone 1200W l Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD X2 Raid0 l Windows 7 Ultimate l Custom Bench (Water Cooling)

Xtreme Addict
    Looks amazing JoeChuo. Although I would trim down the zip-ties. I don't really like the look of those loose ends, and I don't believe they still serve a purpose, or do they?
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    Looks amazing JoeChuo. Although I would trim down the zip-ties. I don't really like the look of those loose ends, and I don't believe they still serve a purpose, or do they?
    The zip-ties is just temporary ... I will used the P-Clip to hold those wires.
    My P-Clip is on the way ... maybe arrive tomorrow.

Stunning !!

Sub'd

The wiring is one of the best I've ever seen, like Saktire said - stunning!

really nice job, im planning to get this case, but the full black version instead
    With help, I will eventually build a PC. Hopefully.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    Stunning !!

Sub'd
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hirsch View Post
    The wiring is one of the best I've ever seen, like Saktire said - stunning!
    Thank you for the complements

Quote Originally Posted by TomH999 View Post
    really nice job, im planning to get this case, but the full black version instead
    Black is always looks good!

Today updates ..
    Have been soul searching for the sleeve. The one that I bought before had no more stock! The vendor change to another cheaper type of sleeve. Siigh! So I just need another 1.5m ... dig out my old sleeve and found the red one! Yeah! A little touch with red should be nice

Some preview here >

Finally completed the cables sleeve thing! Hooray! Next managing the cables into the case ... stay tune! Cheers!

Nice sleeving, looks a quality job you've done there, and great pictures too.
    With help, I will eventually build a PC. Hopefully.

Love the case color nice sleeve job want moooaaarrr

What sleeving and heatshrink is that? Also is the heatshrink the type with the glue on the inside of it? Looks really nice

Xtreme Member
    As always looking sweeeet!!!

Xtreme Member
    gonna be picky on this one, but you shoulda taken black connectors...
    but the sleeving looks great!

doctor pepper's desk
    EVGA P55 FTW | i5 650 @ 4GHz | 4Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 XMS3 | XFX 4870 1Gb | Corsair X32 | Samsung SpinPoint F1 - 320Go | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | Samsung P2450H | Microsoft Laser Desktop 7000 | JBL Spyro Black
    AirCooling: Prolimatech Mega Shadow | Xigmatek Bifrost | Fractal Design SATA Cluster Box | Fractal Design 2x120mm, 2x140mm and 1x92mm

Cosmos-S
    Foxconn BloodRage Rev1.1 Bios P07 | i7 920 D0 @ 4,629GHz max & 4,3GHz stable | 6Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 | XFX 5870 | Sonar X-Fi | Intel X25-M 80 Go PostVille | Samsung SpinPoint F1 - 1To | Corsair HX620W | CoolerMaster Cosmos S | Samsung T240 | Logitech MX-5500 & Z-2300
    Watercooling: Laing DDC + plexi top and tank | CPU - HK 1366 rev 3.0 LT | GPU - EK Water Blocks EK FC5870 V2 - Acétal Nickel | MB - Foxconn's original | HDD - HK SilentStar HD-Single rev 2.0 | radiator - 3x120mm | tubing - High Flex 10/16mm | red PrimoChill ICE coolant

Xtreme Member
    You know now that you bring it up i think i agree with the all black connectors. I have gotten so use to saying how awesome of a job you do i completely over looked them!!! Otherwise Sweeeet build

excellent!

Absolutely STUNNING build! I love it!

Current Build: Virtual Cosmos
    Cosmos II | Aquaero 6 XT | SuperNova 1000 T2 | EK-CoolStream SE 360, XE 240, CE 140, WE 180

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomH999 View Post
    Nice sleeving, looks a quality job you've done there, and great pictures too.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by -=YoGi=- View Post
    Love the case color nice sleeve job want moooaaarrr
    Sorry for the slowness ... quite busy this week @ workplace

Quote Originally Posted by h20xide View Post
    What sleeving and heatshrink is that? Also is the heatshrink the type with the glue on the inside of it? Looks really nice
    The heatshirnk is not the glue type. I'm using 3mm the normal one 3:1

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy V View Post
    You know now that you bring it up i think i agree with the all black connectors. I have gotten so use to saying how awesome of a job you do i completely over looked them!!! Otherwise Sweeeet build
    Woow! you guys got the awesome eyes! I agree with the black connectors too. Unfortunately I just run out of it. Anyway Blue is nice too ... see the pic >

Quote Originally Posted by knowsitall View Post
    excellent!
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Maximus View Post
    WOW!!! Great Build!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elusid View Post
    Absolutely STUNNING build! I love it!
    Thanks Guys!

Small updates ... kinda tied up with work this few days. This project got slow in progress ... be patient with me!

Finally my P-Clips is here >> Looks nice!

and Indigo Extreme! Will try out this one after my EK Supreme HF copper top arrive .. now still on plating processes.

Cheers!

Xtreme Member
    Good-day Guys! Small updates ..
    Got small problem with the cables management. I cannot using the P-Clips due to limited clearance at the back of the MB tray ... only 1cm! Looks like small cable ties is the best option. Will post the photo later on ...

Another update is the HD5970 card ... fit in just nice! Phew! I'm happy now! Cheers!

Xtreme Addict
    Oh wow, that's one tight fit ! The nickel/acrylic combination of the 5970 and the Classified looks amazing!
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    Oh wow, that's one tight fit ! The nickel/acrylic combination of the 5970 and the Classified looks amazing!
    I love the FC5970 block ... looks gorgeous!

Minor updates today ... just in respond some of the guys PM regarding the cables management. Guys! My cables management is not fake. I didn't make it up for this log. All cables is in ... wish that I can shoot a video to proof it. Maybe after all the testing complete, I will try shoot a video. Anyway stay tune! Here some of the photo .. didn't post this earlier due to the light condition pretty bad >

24pin >

ATX 12V + EPS 12V

PCIE 8+6pins

The back of the PSU

Cheers!

Xtreme Member
    Who says the cable management is fake looks real enough to me!!! Look'in good as always sir...

Xtreme Addict
    Wow! The close-ups are great, I can't wait to see the whole thing!
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast