Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: Hackintosh

Hackintosh Lover
    Between London & Eastbourne, United Kingdom
    Hi Jeff, before getting into this project I would point out what I have gotten to work on the W370ET:

CPU works bit is not identified correctly if using Ivy Bridge as there are not being used in MacBook Pro yet, however it doesnt not prevent you from working if using the correct Kext, GPU (forget the Nvidia card it will never work and will need to remove the kexts, using the HD4000, with EFI string and with Internal or HDMI output, non VGA output), USB 2.0, 3.0 (only USB 3 devices and non storage devices) Battery (ish... not very accurate), Webcam (Not the best), Trackpad (using Voodoo PS2 so like a mouse no scrolling or multi touch) Audio doesnt seem to work I have tried a lot of Voodoo sounds methods. Wifi works with a supported wireless card, SD reader doesnt work either. Ethernet works, Might need to edit the plist if you cant access the App Store or is not verified.

As you have probably seen on other post, specially TonyMac, I have to be careful about how I describe the way on how to install Mountain Lion, what kexts are used, using iAtkos and other tools. Unfortunately I haven't had much time, with Uni and work, to work out a way to get the sound problem. I do recommend updating the Bios of the Clevo w370et using a Bios Mod from here -----> http://biosmods.wordpress.com/w370et/ Prema is worked out a way of unlocking the Bios for multiple features... one of those Audio enable/disable, making easier to install MLion, and other things. So for starters I would download iAtkos ML2 from here http://iatkos.me/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=23105 then we can work on how to use it, to install it, you will have to install certain Kexts and mods. Find me when you are ready to try it mate. But I do must say this isnt the best or easiest Hackintosh to get working. I recommend other easier and more compatible laptops.. Nevertheless if you are up to messing about count me in! Good luck!
    Why Not Try a Hackintosh for A Change?? Steps HERE!!
    Want to installing Mountain/Lion from a DVD or USB on you Apple PC?? Steps Here!

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Winners of EURO 08 | World Cup 10 | EURO 12
    Quote: Killin' Tube Kinks One Coil At A Time
    Hackintosh Lover
    "Dumb people" shouldn't use "Smart Phones"

New Personal Wallpapers Selection

hey ive heard you are very active in the hackintosh scene and wanted to know if you could help i have a old qx9650 lying around and want a decent board to use it with ;D what would you recommend?

Hackintosh Lover
    I had my previous Q9650 CPU on my P5Q Deluxe, it a very solid, stable and compatible hackintosh, as well as an awesome overcloker, to be honest you can get any P45, X48 mobo asus, gigabyte and would be hackintoshable, best thing is to go to this site http://www.tonymacx86.com/11-dsdt-database.html and select the 775 socket and pick the mobo of your choice.. hopefully you can still find them, if they aren't all extinct by now lol
    Want to installing Mountain/Lion from a DVD or USB on you Apple PC?? Steps Here!

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Hackintosh Lover

Hackintosh Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix_ace View Post
    hey ive heard you are very active in the hackintosh scene and wanted to know if you could help i have a old qx9650 lying around and want a decent board to use it with ;D what would you recommend?
    Just realized this is my mate Dave being a smart ass LOL

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Hackintosh Lover

oh you!!

Xtreme Addict
    Hey guy's I had a few skulltrail d5400x boards just collecting dust so I thought it would be fun to build some hackintosh pro's.

I installed Snow Leopard and everything works just fine (Iboot + snow leopard installdisk then multibeast)

I then purchased Mountain Lion from the app store and used unibeast to build a usb key installer. Everything works perfect except audio now, I cannot for the life of me get audio working on Mountain Lion.

So anyone have any suggestions? I guess I could get a USB audio adapter.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Hackintosh Lover
    Sorry for the super late reply, been through a lot lately... erm if you still cant get audio working I suggest getting a usb adapter from creative.. http://www.pclaunches.com/entry_imag...undblaster.jpg One of this cost me like $40 and is compatible..

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Hackintosh Lover

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112