Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Heat issue in loop

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations
    As I see it, the best solution would be to get a shorter EK (or other) tube res and mount it in the top section and use your existing cutout to route tubing from the bottom of the res directly into the top of your pump if you move it to the bottom of the case. I've used bay res's and have sworn off them now for good reasons. The Bitspower res at least looks solidly built but it will complicate filling and bleeding. If possible, my suggestion is to sell the other res's you have (and perhaps the pump top too) and replace them with the optimal components. You could also just move your existing larger tube res upward to allow room to mount your pump underneath it but, judging by your pics, it looks like that would make filling just about impossible.
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

Xtreme Addict
    Changing Res, or moving the pump under the res WONT do anything to his temp.

I want to see your TIM application.
    BTTB - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - WCed I7 4770k - 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz - Zotac GTX 780
    Asus Xonar Pheobus - OS -> Toshiba Q 256gb - Games -> 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0
    Corsair HX850 - Tecnofront HWD BenchTable - Asus VE278Q 5760x1080

Serveur - Asus Z77m PRO - 2500K - NH-C12P - 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz
    Agility 4 128gb - Corsair CX430M - 1TB Black - 2TB green - 2TB Red

KatPat - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - FX-8320 - PH-TC14CS - 2x4gb Viper 1600mhz - GTS 450
    Samsung Evo 120gb - Corsair HX750 - Bitfenix Survivor White - Asus VE247H

Xtreme Member
    @ century child, So you are saying my pumps needs to be sold? What is wrong with these pumps?
    I mean i thought they was pretty good.

@ Boulard83, So you want me to remove my block, take pictures and mount it again?

Xtreme Member
    The supreme land of rules and regulations
    Boulard83, as I sated previously, changing the loop will likely have minimal if any effect on temps but there is room for improvement here as far as loop optimization. In fact, I have stated that there is nothing wrong with his current temps, all factors considered.

Killer K, no I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your pump. I'm only suggesting that your chosen pump top could be improved upon. The EK DDC top is currently the top performer.
    Last edited by century child; 05-25-2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    If I'm a danger to myself just think what I could do to you.

Xtreme Member
    I think your pump and pump top is fine. There is no need to sell it. Having the pump closer to or below the res IS NOT going to lower temps. But this will help out in bleeding the system and make your pump do less work since it wont need to suck water in just to pump it out.

I believe you got enough TIM and good contact. It's really your vcore and ambient temps that is making your load temp so high. I got the same mobo, chip and rad as you and have similiar temps. When i lower my vcore and ambient temp i could stay around 55c on all core while on load. Have you turned off HT?

Xtreme Member
    No, "jim0ne" i haven't turned off the "HT" yet. I bought the rad, 355/ with tops and cpu block and the big ek res as a package deal.
    I'm not sure who makes the tops as no markings is on the tops but a in and out by the barbs. Perhaps a alphacool maybe?

This was my first loop, perhaps i got my hopes up too high. But live and learn, that is all i can do. Perhaps i just bought the wrong
    stuff it seems.
    The cpu voltage i thought was pretty good for 4.3 with ht. What kind of voltage should i be using?

Xtreme Addict
    Watercooling is not magic, the temps you are getting with your OC and vcore are expected.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Member
    Thanks i was just wanting to make sure it was done right and was doing as expected. That was my main concern as i know it is hot here and is most of the time.
    Just like getting opinions and ideas from other users.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234