Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a good Anti Mac Argument?

Xtreme Member
    United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurika, Inc.
    ^ Umm...well, not anymore. There is Steam for Macs now.

AUDIO-ASUS Xonar DX SPKR-audioengine 5 CASE-Cooler Master Stacker RC-810-SSN1 CPU-E8400 - Q815 @ 4 GHz @ 1.23V FANS-Noctua GPU-EVGA GTX 660/2GB HDD-Raptor 150 ADFD + WD1600YS HSF-Noctua NH-U12 LCD-NEC 20WMGX² @ 1680x1050 MOBO-abit IP35 Pro - BIOS 16 + bolt mod OS-XP Pro x64 PSU-XFX 750W Black Edition RAM-G.Skill PC2-8800 Pi 2x2GB @ 1,128 @ 1.92v TIM-Arctic Cooling MX-2 UPS-TRIPPLITE SU1000XLa + Noctua fan mod

Xtreme Addict
    Even with steam, a cheaper pc can run DX11 games and Crysis easily, while the MAC is still gimped on graphics, unless they spend 2-3x more on a GPU for it, than it would have cost for that same on on a pc.

Well if you Buy an MaC Pro Desktop it looks like the Dell on the pic when it comes to cables. Which will cost even more.

Xtreme Member
    United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurika, Inc.
    Yes perhaps, I'm just pointing out that some of these arguments against Mac are invalid. Some of them are just knee-jerk reactions or blind hatred of Apple/Mac.

AUDIO-ASUS Xonar DX SPKR-audioengine 5 CASE-Cooler Master Stacker RC-810-SSN1 CPU-E8400 - Q815 @ 4 GHz @ 1.23V FANS-Noctua GPU-EVGA GTX 660/2GB HDD-Raptor 150 ADFD + WD1600YS HSF-Noctua NH-U12 LCD-NEC 20WMGX² @ 1680x1050 MOBO-abit IP35 Pro - BIOS 16 + bolt mod OS-XP Pro x64 PSU-XFX 750W Black Edition RAM-G.Skill PC2-8800 Pi 2x2GB @ 1,128 @ 1.92v TIM-Arctic Cooling MX-2 UPS-TRIPPLITE SU1000XLa + Noctua fan mod

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the best response, i think, would be to just make up a bunch of high-tech words and things of why you couldn't use a macintosh. they then have two options, 1) admit they have no idea what you're talking about, and leave you alone. 2) Make up some crap about how Mac can do whatever it is you made up even better. in the case of #2, you should admit that you just bs'd them and they lied. having been caught in a lie, they would shut up and leave you alone. if they don't they're only proving your point.

i'm a mac & pc user, i love my mac but most mac user would DEFINITELY fall for that. also, i feel its worth mentioning that i just purchased the new 17" macbook pro, 2.53GHz. Hands down, greatest windows laptop i've ever owned. the battery life is phenomenal, and the aluminium casing makes a huge difference in my usage for some reason. doesn't feel like a flimsy piece of crap like most plastic laptops do.
    "fightoffyourdemons"

Every once in a while I run into a snobby mac user who tries to argue with me why I should use a mac instead of a PC, and won't drop it.
    Trying to convince a Mac fanboy that Steve Jobs isn't the Messiah return is like trying to convince Stalin that communism is the suck.

Edit: Moral of the story: Even if you give a completely valid argument that proves you are in the right, they won't give a rat's ass and will continue living in Macdom.

Moral of the story 2: Everyone should be cool like me and run Linux.

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryMochi View Post
    Trying to convince a Mac fanboy that Steve Jobs isn't the Messiah return is like trying to convince Stalin that communism is the suck.

Edit: Moral of the story: Even if you give a completely valid argument that proves you are in the right, they won't give a rat's ass and will continue living in Macdom.

L4
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryMochi View Post

Perhaps linux is cool on the internet, I don't believe that's a popular thing to say in public unless to other techies.
    Waiting for Crysis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12