Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PassMark advanced Disk Test

SLC
    This program is buggy for me. Every test the last 5 seconds it goes to zero...

Here is my database with a bunch of crap running in the background (a full game lol):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passmark.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	104647  

Xtreme Guru
    wow steve o those acards crush! nice results as well hertz..strange it bugs out like that
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The reason Steve gets so high numbers is likely a combination of the accesstime on the Acards, and the extremely effective cache on the areca. In the Webserver, he gets >1GB/s, wich is higher than the sustained read bandwidth...

BTW, i won't be able to provide numbers for my gaming rigg, yesterday either the PSU or motherboard seems to have failed. The power LED on the mobo doesn't light up, and there's no sign of power. Unfortunately i'll be moving in two weeks, so i don't have time to order new parts, and i don't have parts to substitute in the mean time, so i'm stuck on my laptop
    After i move however, i have plenty of parts to substitute and will pinpoint the part quickly.
    In the meantime, i will runn the passmark disk test on my laptop, with the OCZ vertex 30GB FW 1.30

I am Xtreme
    @ Paul - thanks, also i am watching your progress with the new LSI special controller s/w.

@GullLars - sorry to hear about your gaming rig - good luck on getting it fixed - i likewise am struggling to get my ss working.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Actually, i have no idea what happened. This morning it wouldn't start either with no sign of power, but one hour ago, i just hit the power button for fun, and it started...

I am Xtreme
    Perhaps either heat or stray capacatance?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    No idea. Both times it wouldn't start was cold boot and hours whitout power on. The ambient temperature here is about 20C.
    The first time i tried disconnecting and connecting power cables (both external and internal), and taking out and putting back in the CMOS battery. Nothing helped. The second time was 8 hours later and was just a cold boot attempt, wich failed. The third attempt was also a cold boot 4 hours later again, and that worked... I've only had this happen one time before, on another desktop about 5 years ago, i never found out why there either. I'm just glad it's up and running smoothly again.

Xtreme Guru
    gah i would kill for 20c ambients it was 35c here yesterday...or around 90F in our parlance. oh well Honda radiator FTW!
    only bad thing is heat in here...all this equipment and the computers get hot!

@gullars- just wondering why your still on FW 1.3 with the vertex? the 1.5 has been good so far, pretty far along in its tenure. i was running 1.1 for awhile just because of its sheer speed, but man it gets buggy in arrays quick! 1.5 is stable as a rock.

@steve o ....seems people always have issues with phase units for some reason, hard to acquire and hard upkeep..i cant speak from experience unfortunately, but i have know other who have faced the same issues. seems the logistics is always a pain in the ass....
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Xtreme Guru
    this might interest you guys>

same config as before.

2 x 50gb vertex2 raid 0 64kb stripe all same as before. see last page.

Fileserver - 567.1
    Webserver - 395.6
    Workstation - 111.9
    Database - 121.1
    clean install/wipe ssd

indilinx 2 x 64gb ssd same lsi config as above:

Fileserver - 306.3
    Webserver - 186.0
    Workstation - 75.7
    Database - 119.8

---------------------------------------

i guess the sandforce was worth the upgrade afterall./

now I just need the new lsi key upgrade and sell off these indilinx drives.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Computurd View Post
    gah i would kill for 20c ambients it was 35c here yesterday...or around 90F in our parlance. oh well Honda radiator FTW!
    only bad thing is heat in here...all this equipment and the computers get hot!

@gullars- just wondering why your still on FW 1.3 with the vertex?
    Yes, i'm still running FW 1.3, but i'm thinking of flashing to 1.5 when i get home to my parents for the summer. They have a Vertex too running 1.3.

Slightly OT, but regarding the ambient temperatures, 20C is the temperature in my room with computer and lights on. The temperature outside is around 10-12C this week, so i could get that by opening the window more than the crack it's at now. This winter, i did a OC test when opening my window as far as it went with -20C outside and wearing a couple of layers of wool inside. The CPU (140W stock, + OC) was at full load around 15C, with a Zahlman 9700. I got a bit paranoid when my harddisks went below 0C, so i disconnected them and only used my SSDs :P It didn't help much though, the first gen phenoms didn't clock well, i couldn't get it to boot past 3Ghz no matter what
    (My 4870x2 was around 60C while playing COD MW2 at max settings )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12