Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: RadeonPro BETA: Automating 3D settings

Xtreme Member
    Updates
    -------
    12/15/2010 - New build 1.0.11.1

- Fixed: AMD logo always displayed on OpenGL games
    - Fixed: registry read errors at program startup
    - Fixed: Windows XP registry access error at startup causing the program to end prematurely
    - Fixed: incorrect FPS counter on some D3D9 games (NFS Pro Street, ARMA II and others). Please note that some games (e.g. Dragon Age) may not display the FPS counter in some places. It will be fixed in a future build.
    - Changed: new drivers features (MLAA, TFQ and SFO) are activated regardless driver support when an HD 5000 series or newer card is detected
    - New: a LOG file can be created at startup if the Scroll-lock key is kept pressed during RadeonPro initialization. The LOG file can be found at "My Documents\RadeonPro"

Download

If you don't have any of those issues you can safely wait for the next build.

Quote Originally Posted by wolvers69 View Post
    Is there anyway I can use RadeonPro to switch to 24hz when I play an mkv?

Oh, and a bit of feedback. I have to disable the API detection thingy otherwise RP causes instability with BC2. Mainly with xfire not working randomly.
    You can create a CCC profile and make RadeonPro load it when you start your player (but you can't change monitor frequency just when you play your MKV)

Thanks for reporting the issue with xfire.

Xtreme Addict
    Does this need ccc? I'm planning on just installing the driver + this.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogerlad View Post
    Does this need ccc? I'm planning on just installing the driver + this.
    CCC isn't needed, but you won't have in RadeonPro some functionalities found on CCC like video adjustments (eyefinity, resolution, color, etc.).

Xtreme Member
    Hi guys, merry christmas to all!

I'm passing by just to let you know that the RadeonPro user's manual is online.

More information here

Xtreme Member
    Merry Xmas and happy new year! Waiting on your next build for 6900 series support.

Xtreme Member
    feature request: multiple profiles with same executable?

i tried to create 3x Mass Effect profiles for testing purposes (I was getting lazy of switching all the settings back and forth) and it wouldn't let me create another one (said something to effect of game already exists or something like that)

or maybe i just dont know how to do it correctly...

thanks!
    1. INTEL E5200 M0 (200x12.5 @1.175), Abit IP-35Pro, 2x2GB DDR2-1000, GT240
    2. INTEL i7-920 C0 (200x19 @1.275), Gigabyte EX58-UD4P, 4x4GB DDR3-1333, GTX680 FTW+ 4GB

heat

Xtreme Member
    Updates

01/31/2011 - New build 1.1.0.0 (skins are temporarily unavailable but will be restored soon)

- Fixed: Portuguese translation
    - Fixed: crash when GLDirect (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gldirect/) is used and API monitoring is active
    - Fixed: GPU detection fails when old drivers traces are found on registry causing D3D tweaks and/or CrossfireX to not work properly
    - Fixed: Compatibility profiles (AA/CFX) don't work with Catalyst 11.1a and HD 6900 series cards
    - Fixed: program window position is moved outside the screen bounds when it is currently minimized and the tray icon is double-clicked, causing the window move to an unusable position until next program restart
    - Fixed: API monitoring gets enabled even when a game doesn't have a profile and "Disable API monitoring for programs not listed in my profiles list" option is enabled on Settings
    - Changed: removed CFAA Narrow/Wide-tent filters when a HD 6000 series card is detected
    - Changed: removed TAA controls (not supported anymore by drivers)
    - New: Profiles list enhancement with grouping by Recently added, Favorites and Recently played
    - New: profiles purging (for removing deleted/uninstalled games)
    - New: profile search/filter
    - New: translation tool
    - New: Getting start wizard for RadeonPro newcomers
    - New: EQAA support for HD 6900 series
    - New: Integration with online user's guide. Context-sensitive help for the area where the mouse pointer is resting is displayed by pressing F1 key
    - New: initial Spanish translation (thanks to Florentino Sainz, aka Black_ice_Spain)

The translation tool cannot upload translations yet, if you translated the program texts to another language, please e-mail me at japamd @ gmail.com or send a PM. Thanks!

Download

Quote Originally Posted by darckhart View Post
    feature request: multiple profiles with same executable?

i tried to create 3x Mass Effect profiles for testing purposes (I was getting lazy of switching all the settings back and forth) and it wouldn't let me create another one (said something to effect of game already exists or something like that)

or maybe i just dont know how to do it correctly...

thanks!
    It's not possible as the executable is the key for each profile. As a workaround you can make copies of the game executable and create a profile for each one.

Xtreme Member
    Maybe the executable shouldn't be the key then.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkza View Post
    Maybe the executable shouldn't be the key then.
    Well, right now it prevents multiple profiles for a given executable, but it's nothing that can't be changed in a future build.

I am Xtreme
    First of all, thanks for this great program, gave it a try and it's running great.
    I have a question about "Flip Queue Size". What would be the optimal setting for a 2x CFX setup while playing with both VSync and Triple Buffering force enabled? I played with it around a bit, and honestly do not seem to notice much of a performance or stuttering or tearing difference...
    My main goal is to keep VSync forced. Depending on how "Flip Queue Size" works, Triple Buffering can stay or go.

Secondly, as someone reported before, forcing VSync and and Triple Buffering in D3D really doesn't work as well as in D3DOverrider for some reason. I have an annoying game without Vsync option (Age of Conan, DX9 client in particular), and I experience tearing no matter what I do unless I use D3DOverrider.
    It works in a bit more weird way in Battlefield 2. I believe VSync works, it just caps at 100FPS instead of 60. And I specifically set RadeonPro refresh rate to 60Hz. (Edit: never mind, 100FPS is a hard cap without VSync as well, it seems).

Edit1: I figured it out, the Crossfire bar breaks VSync. My bad.

And what about some different tray icon? The current one is a bit... unremarkable, maybe...
    I have an idea (this is a MS paint draft, can make the background transparent and etc):

Edit2: I think "Add New Profile Wizard" needs updating. It still offers more anti-aliasing filters than 69xx support, and doesn't offer "Global Settings" option for features like Forced VSync, Forced Triple Buffering, LOD, Aniso And Trilin Optimisation, Surface format Optimisation.
    Also, in the new build, Tweaks tab, when everything else is greyed out, VSync, Triple Buffering and Refresh Rate never are.
    Last edited by zalbard; 02-03-2011 at 12:07 PM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks zalbard

The forced vsync not working due to CFX bar is kinda confusing I must say, but it's needed to avoid stuttering on some games/engines. I just figured out another way to measure GPU utilization and it doesn't seem to cause stuttering like the current method so future builds of RadeonPro may overcome this limitation.

About the icon, it's a resize of the Blog icon and it looks unreadable at 16x16 pixels

And the New profile wizard needs updates, indeed. I'll do it when I have a chance.

For Global profiles you can force vsync, triple-buffering and refresh rate, that's why they are always enabled

Xtreme Member
    Last updates

02/05/2011 - New build 1.1.0.5 (skins are temporarily unavailable but will be restored soon)

- Fixed: crash at program startup when running with a non-administrator account
    - Fixed: context-menu games list not updated after unused profile cleaning

02/04/2011 - New build 1.1.0.4 (skins are temporarily unavailable but will be restored soon)

- Fixed: profile not being restored when old style profile list is in use
    - Fixed: German translation was missing 6x value for Tessellation control, causing an non-fatal error message when the slider is moved to the rightmost position
    - Fixed: AMD System monitor added to API monitoring blacklist to avoid rendering issues
    - Changed: CrossfireX bar does not enforce vsync off anymore (turn vsync off manually if you want to use the CrossfireX bar without graphics stuttering)
    - Changed: Spanish translation update

02/03/2011 - New build 1.1.0.3 (skins are temporarily unavailable but will be restored soon)

- Fixed: screen blinks on Windows XP systems whenever a program is started due to Global profile application

02/03/2011 - New build 1.1.0.2 (skins are temporarily unavailable but will be restored soon)

- Fixed: Aero glass not being applied
    - Fixed: some dialogs don't appear translated
    - Fixed: API monitoring being applied when the application doesn't have a profile and "Disable API monitoring for programs not listed in my profiles list" option is enabled
    - Fixed: alternate AMD logo can cause rendering errors on some DX10/DX10.1 game (observed by me only on HAWX)
    - Changed: triggers column width is now resized to accommodate the trigger file name
    - New: added option to switch profile list to old style (no grouping) mode
    - New: added option to apply a profile manually

02/01/2011 - New build 1.1.0.1 (skins are temporarily unavailable but will be restored soon)

- Fixed: program crash while saving settings
    - Fixed: missing DLL prevents auto-updated installations from working (re-do the auto-update to download the missing file)
    - Fixed: Backup/Restore window doesn't appear translated
    - Fixed: Global/Profile labels don't appear translated
    - New: initial German translation (thanks to Caveman)

I am Xtreme
    Are you planning to add "Enhance application settings" AA option?
    Donate to XS forums
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Are you planning to add "Enhance application settings" AA option?
    It's already supported when an HD 6900 series card is detected.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by japamd View Post
    It's already supported when an HD 6900 series card is detected.
    Ah, yeah, found it. Thanks. It's not in the New Profile Wizard, though...
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Ah, yeah, found it. Thanks. It's not in the New Profile Wizard, though...
    Yeah, it's missing. The wizard needs a few adjustments for HD 6000 series, like CFAA filters and the EQAA options. Next build will bring those fixes.

Bump because this app is awesome.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Xtreme Member
    I'm trying to get this to work with no luck for a month now.
    Every time I install it it works for day or two, then it starts to crash all applications and I have to add them one by one to exclusion monitoring list. Then it refuse to start at all with error "Can't load AppProfiles.dll : at RadeonPro.NativeMethods.LoadDLL(String install Path, Int32 pid) at .]()" DX and .NET are up to date. Using Cat 11.4 on 6970, Win 7 64 bit. Same thing with older driver versions.
    Then I uninstall it, install it again after couple days and same thing again and again...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nijel View Post
    I'm trying to get this to work with no luck for a month now.
    Every time I install it it works for day or two, then it starts to crash all applications and I have to add them one by one to exclusion monitoring list. Then it refuse to start at all with error "Can't load AppProfiles.dll : at RadeonPro.NativeMethods.LoadDLL(String install Path, Int32 pid) at .]()" DX and .NET are up to date. Using Cat 11.4 on 6970, Win 7 64 bit. Same thing with older driver versions.
    Then I uninstall it, install it again after couple days and same thing again and again...
    Weird, I have no clue of what can be happening there.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Bumping this thread because japamd released a new version at guru3d.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322031

Best features are FXAA, SMAA and SweetFX support (now, I can play Minecraft with AA). You really outdid yourself this time japamd!

Since we're in the realm of post-processing already, I wonder if we're going to eventually have a post-processing chain, like what MPC-HC (a media player) does in their software?

Also, this: Microstutter almost completely eliminated.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...2,3329-11.html
    Last edited by blindbox; 11-13-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Yup, this really is the best utility ever. I can't believe that I haven't been using this.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blindbox View Post
    Bumping this thread because japamd released a new version at guru3d.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322031

Best features are FXAA, SMAA and SweetFX support (now, I can play Minecraft with AA). You really outdid yourself this time japamd!

Since we're in the realm of post-processing already, I wonder if we're going to eventually have a post-processing chain, like what MPC-HC (a media player) does in their software?

Also, this: Microstutter almost completely eliminated.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...2,3329-11.html
    Thanks for spreading the word, blindbox I haven't had much spare time to update the multiple threads I've over the forums, but I'll try to update this one too.

For people interested in Preview build, here's some information about it: http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/Downloads/Preview.aspx

My only concern about post processing being so flexible is that such feature might end being used to cheat in online games.

Xtreme Member
    Preview installer updated: http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/Downloads/Preview.aspx

Bold text on changelog indicates new or changed/improved features.

About Ambient Occlusion quality level, I recommend Medium for single GPU, High and Ultra can be very demanding depending on game. Also, all levels up to High (inclusive) use half frame for Ambient Occlusion calculations, only Ultra mode use full frame (better quality but very demanding)

Updates
    -------
    xx/xx/2012 - New build 1.1.1.0

- New: Added support for 64-bit applications
    - New: Improved hardware detection
    - New: Improved Windows 8 compatibility
    - New: Movie capture feature with real-time Motion JPEG compression (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11) and OpenDML (AVI 2.0) support
    - New: FXAA support (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11 and OpenGL)
    - New: FXAA can be activated/deactivated during the game (configure the hotkey on RadeonPro's Settings screen)
    - New: SMAA support (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11)
    - New: SMAA can be activated/deactivated during the game (configure the hotkey on RadeonPro's Settings screen)
    - New: Dynamic Vsync Control (DVC) support. This feature controls how vertical synchronization is applied at rendering time, automatically turning it off when frame rate is below monitor's refresh rate to reduce stuttering and turning it on when framerate is above or equal to monitor's refresh rate, improving smoothness.
    - New: DVC can be activated/deactivated during the game with SHIFT+HOME key
    - New: Dynamic Framerate Control (DFC) support. This feature acts like a frame rate limiter with smoothness control, just set a frame rate target and RadeonPro will try to keep it as close as possible while maintaining frame rendering times close to each other to avoid stuttering.
    - New: DFC can be activated/deactivated during the game with SHIFT+END key
    - New: DFC feature's frame rate target is adjustable in real time, press SHIFT+INSERT to increase the limit and SHIFT+DELETE to decrease it
    - New: Lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate. This feature limits internal frame rendering times accordingly to refresh rate (i.e. 60 Hz = 16.67 ms) instead of waiting vertical retrace.
    - New: On-Screen Display panel, showing current status of some RadeonPro features on top of game screen. Press PAGEDOWN key to toggle between full panel/reduced panel/hidden.
    - New: OSD panel can be made visible since game start either globally or at profile level, just configure it on OSD tab
    - New: OSD panel versions can be disabled either globally or at profile level, just configure it on OSD tab
    - New: Real time GPU monitoring with On-Screen Display support. GPU monitoring displays your video cards temperatures, utilization, FAN speed and VRAM utilization
    - New: Current date/time/FPS and actual playing time can be displayed at OSD
    - New: Ambient Occlusion support (DirectX 9/10/10.1/11). Please bear in mind that not all games can be forced to use Ambient Occlusion (RadeonPro currently supports Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion - HBAO, different algorithms might be added in future), RadeonPro ships with a small list of supported games (see Program Settings/Ambient Occlusion), the list will be updated based on author's tests and also based on feedback from users that have access to Ambient Occlusion debugging tool (TBD).
    - New: Better keyboard handling (i.e. fixes some games that don't allow OSD control or change of FPS corner)
    - New: Improved hook handling with better Steam overlay compatibility
    - New: OverDrive controls allow basic overclocking, manual cooler fan speed and PowerTune adjustments (available only at profile level)
    - New: Added option to display new CrossfireX logo on OSD when a CrossfireX capable system is detected
    - New: Added proper support for Direct3D9Ex games (i.e. Blades of Time, Fallout New Vegas, World of Tanks etc.)
    - New: Improved OpenGL support and bug fixes
    - New: Built-in SweetFX integration, allowing global and per game SweetFX effect shaders configuration. SweetFX can be used on any DirectX 9/10/10.1/11 games running on 32-bit or 64-bit. Configure SweetFX at RadeonPro settings and remove all 3rd party injector's DLLs from game directories if you want to use RadeonPro's SweetFX integration.
    - Fixed: Some games that used to hang at startup when API monitoring was active are now playable (i.e. STALKER Call of Pripyat)
    - Fixed: screenshots now works in DirectX 10/11 with R10G10B10A2/B8G8R8A8 formats used by some games (Dirt 3/Showdown, F3AR). Performance is not so good as in other games, but it will be optimized soon.
    - Changed: German translation update (thanks to Lennart Br?ggemann)
    - Changed: improved OSD rendering performance on DirectX 10/11 games
    - Removed: SVG file creation at benchmark finish
    - Removed: CrossfireX bar; to monitor GPU utilization, use OSD options instead
    - Removed: alternate AMD Radeon logo
    - Removed: skins (all). They will be replaced by new Web skins feature. Anyone with HTML and Javascript skills will be able to create skins for RadeonPro.
    - Removed: Aggressive API detection (useless with new hook handler)
    - Known issues:
    -- Vsync is a bit broken in DirectX 9 for 64-bit apps
    -- DFC/DVC may not work as expected in OpenGL apps
    -- Movie's audio may go out of sync when target framerate is too high compared to sustained framerate

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789