Thread: Thank you AMD's great marketing department!!!

Xtreme Mentor

Thumbs up Thank you AMD's great marketing department!!!

Don't know where exactly to post and here seems ok so here we go.

I was on 5870 and decided to upgrade for a while ago. At that time 12.11 drivers wasn't out and as i am mostly playing bf3 these days i had choosen gtx680. but before i get gtx680 12.11 drivers and never settle bundle thing came out and it suddenly changed my mind to 79070 ghz edition. but there was a little problem with the game bundle. because i don't have a company that gives never settle codes in my country and getting it online from a foreign country is a risk because of warranty and customs issues i got my 7970ghz without game bundle . I got it with knowing i will not have this game bundle thing and was happy with my choice as 7970ghz edition is a beautiful card.

I was happy with my choice but wanted to write AMD about this problem in my country about AMD's promo while Nvidia is doing a promo with AC3 with out a problem. I can't find a complaint link at AMD's web page so i wrote to technical support knowing this is not their job but hoping maybe they can direct me or my message to a suitable person, also it was not that important at that moment just wanted someone from amd to hear this little problem. So i wrote about the situation and asked while nvidia can do this why amd can't. The answer changed the whole thing. Guy at the technical support said AMD is not responsible for this promo but retailers are escalating it. Now at the first sight you may not see what is wrong in here but promo uses AMD's name, promo has advertisements on AMD's official web page also nearly everyday amd's official twitter accounts tweets about this promo, so saying AMD is not responsible was very absurd. I wrote about this too and guy at TS apologizes but couldn't help much.

For me this logic is very very wrong and wanted AMD to here this situation so i write to Mrs. Colette LaForce about this. She kindly answered me and give information on the situation. Also Mr. Darren McPhee sended me a Never Settle code (i got it as a new years gith ) and told me that they are talking with a local store in my country so at the future we will be able to join this promos at out local stores. Now all these things happened shorter then a week. Of course i am thanking for their kind replies and the promo code i am very glad about these but what made me more happy and write this here is that they have contacted a local store to solve this problem already.

They might have just sended me a promo code and an email saying bla blal bla, everything ok case closed. But they didn't choose this easy way, they choose the hard solve it for my whole country. Also write that they will try to make future promos as global as they can.

I think this is very very very much to expect from a company but AMD did this . I am giving Mrs. LaForce and Mr. McPhee all my respects and thanks about what they did here. .

Thank you AMD and AMD's MArketing Department, you make me glad that i bought a 7970 once more.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

It is true, though. We roll out the promotions, but it's up to the e-tailers to opt into the program. Some retailers are more stubborn about that than others, and we certainly can't make them offer it, but feedback like yours shows the stubborn ones that they really should participate. It's in their best interest!

So, from all of us here in the AMD Radeon marketing department... you're welcome! And thank you for choosing AMD.