Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RUMOR] zambezi a.k.a am3 bulldozer for sale december 2010!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    since i have MSIs most popular AM2+ overclocking mobo, i assumed they would, but yes, for 125$, it was an impulse buy. about a week after my purchase it was confirmed they are working on one, and now its just a waiting game
    Yeah, I saw that TD ad with MIR and bing cashback. I almost bit too, but it would have been a complete build so I thought twice about it. Hope they release that bios soon.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoes! View Post
    Intel extreme series cpus are always 1k. With Gulftown, you actually get better power consumption with 32nm and 50% more cores, so the best extreme series deal so far for both AMD and Intel. Too bad Intel is going to follow the trend of charging 1k+ for the fastest desktop processor.
    3 or more quarters without any mainstream (or remotely close to it) Gulftowns is outrageous.
    If the competition was more severe I'm sure we would already have a 32nm replacement for i7 920 (and for a while at that).
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    3 or more quarters without any mainstream (or remotely close to it) Gulftowns is outrageous.
    If the competition was more severe I'm sure we would already have a 32nm replacement for i7 920 (and for a while at that).

then intel's cash cow need to protest and stop giving milk .... whatever this methaphor means

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Intel is still limited by 32 nm. production capacity. They still can not meet demand for 32 nm. dual-cores (especialy in mobile space). Introducing low cost 6-core cpu is less profitable in this situation and may create another unmet demand.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by kl0012 View Post
    Intel is still limited by 32 nm. production capacity. They still can not meet demand for 32 nm. dual-cores (especialy in mobile space). Introducing low cost 6-core cpu is less profitable in this situation and may create another unmet demand.
    There, you said it.
    It's the competition issue, clearly... They are milking the market.
    I'm not saying they can make millions of cheap 6 core chips, though. But making so many chips isn't necessary either.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

I am Xtreme
    i always thought the first chips you make on a new process should be for mobile, the ability to get 20-40% better battery life, or higher clocks in the same power envelope, i thought would let the get a massive lead for the mobile market since those chips are smaller and can be sold for more. but honestly i dont think intel wants to compete with 32nm against their own 45nm, or amds 65nm (which is just now on 45 nm with a serious effort). so in reveres, once amd is on 32nm, are they going to release mobile chips right away or wait over a year after desktop is out?

Xtreme Cruncher
    All this would make the end a 2010 an interesting period! The release of X25-M G3, rumored release of Bulldozer, rumored release of mainstream 6-cores from Intel, ATI Southern Islands and most definitely more I'm missing or haven't heard about yet.

So many toys, so little time (and money )

Xtreme Mentor
    its so funny that you all think that intel does not have any problems with 32nm there is a small problem there and that is causing a problem with the production
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaidev View Post
    its so funny that you all think that intel does not have any problems with 32nm there is a small problem there and that is causing a problem with the production
    Do you happen to have a source? Not saying I don't believe you, but it'd be interesting to read up on Thanks!

The cost of 32nm is too high, and according to the lately news, Intel's 32nm products are in short supply. Looks like Intel has very serious problem with 32nm products.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by superrugal View Post
    The cost of 32nm is too high, and according to the lately news, Intel's 32nm products are in short supply. Looks like Intel has very serious problem with 32nm products.
    So serious problems that you can by 32nm clarkdale and westmere everywhere...

Every new process takes a while to flood demand for it. Intel's 45nm launch was much, much worse. It doesn't in and of itself indicate problems so much as high demand for a ramping process.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaidev View Post
    Considering they just announced they are pulling in the startup of the other 2 32nm fabs, it would seem like they've solved whatever issue you are claiming, unless you're claiming lower than expected yields.

They've also said the demand-backlog for the new parts will be met by the end of this quarter.

So... going to need a little more specificity, please.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah it's just high demand,I doubt they have any serious problem.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by OhNoes! View Post
    Intel extreme series cpus are always 1k. With Gulftown, you actually get better power consumption with 32nm and 50% more cores, so the best extreme series deal so far for both AMD and Intel. Too bad Intel is going to follow the trend of charging 1k+ for the fastest desktop processor.

On the other hand, if Intel were to release only unlocked gulftowns from henceforth and charged $300 for them (something that makes no sense from an economic standpoint in terms of fab investment and profit, as well as premium on innovation and performance), two things will happen:

1. AMD would take Intel to court
    2. AMD would cease to exist as a cpu-making business (and Intel may have to be split up)

Cheaper gulftown comes in the form of sandybridge. It'll be here soon. AMD is pricing aggressively ONLY because their highend is only able to compete with Intel's mainstream so it'll make no sense to charge a premium. They'll have no problem charging a premium if they could. I'm sure their marketing department has done all the math.

Didn't you know before you picked one up? Or the pricing was too irresistible? lol
    intel does not want to kill amd
    but to MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE

why do you want to reduce ASP when you don't need to?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Musho View Post
    Do you happen to have a source? Not saying I don't believe you, but it'd be interesting to read up on Thanks!
    Intel does not openly disclose such things so no source.

Quote Originally Posted by terrace215 View Post
    Considering they just announced they are pulling in the startup of the other 2 32nm fabs, it would seem like they've solved whatever issue you are claiming, unless you're claiming lower than expected yields.

They've also said the demand-backlog for the new parts will be met by the end of this quarter.

So... going to need a little more specificity, please.
    I am claiming that and the problem was very prevalent in the i9 A0's the problem has something to do with the voltage sensitivities on some chips.

I have heard of reject chips that ran them selfs to the ground on normal volts.

The problem is being fixed and soon will be done with.

Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    Yeah it's just high demand,I doubt they have any serious problem.
    Lower than estimated production is a problem they will get it fixed and i think laptop i3/i5's are in more demand than the desktop ones could be wrong tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Every new process takes a while to flood demand for it. Intel's 45nm launch was much, much worse. It doesn't in and of itself indicate problems so much as high demand for a ramping process.
    The 45nm had problems and even it that the initial production capability was reduced a lot and that was fixed after 2-3 months of inception same will be the case with the 32nm process.
    Coming Soon

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by superrugal View Post
    Oddly, AMD, IBM and Intel all claim shrinks are extremely cost effective -- it is costs that drives Moore's Law.

There are two ways to look at limited supply. Either a) production problems or b) demand has simply out stripped supply. There is not enough information available to know which one is the major contributor, but given the trend QoQ and YoY shipments in units, Q1 record unit shipments, then I suspect the latter.
    One hundred years from now It won't matter
    What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in
    How much money I had in the bank Nor what my cloths looked like.... But The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child.
    -- from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpingJack View Post
    Oddly, AMD, IBM and Intel all claim shrinks are extremely cost effective -- it is costs that drives Moore's Law.

There are two ways to look at limited supply. Either a) production problems or b) demand has simply out stripped supply. There is not enough information available to know which one is the major contributor, but given the trend QoQ and YoY shipments in units, Q1 record unit shipments, then I suspect the latter.
    It may have something to do with the 18 months delay in the 32nm
    Lithography scanners from Nikon which Intel uses. The NSR-S620 was
    originally planned for Q4, 2008 and it seems it is just now starting to ship.

It's still not listed as an official product on Nikon's website.

http://nikon.com/products/precision/.../nsr/index.htm

Intel can use the NSR-S610C but that one is really only qualified for 45nm
    production which could cause yield issues in 32nm production I presume.

Regards, Hans

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123