View Poll Results: Which Fitting should I use ( currently have 40 peices of Bp Black matte)

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go All Black Matte

27 79.41%
  • Use Black Matte (outlets) and Alternate with Silver Bitspower ( inlets)

5 14.71%
  • Use Black Matte (outlets) and Alternate with Koolance (inlets)

1 2.94%
  • Go with all Koolance Compression fittings and Quick Disconnects

3 8.82%
  • Go with all Koolance Compression fittings Don't use QD's

1 2.94%
  • Screw Compression Fittings and go Old school with all barbs.

6 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Overkill Cube ( AKA Snowflake)

Xtreme Member
    MagisD this is completely nuts, thats why its awesome

& I live in toronto too! Nice to see another person who lives close to me on XS

Xtreme Member
    MagisD, great build you have there! I am sure you will be pleased with the performance of that thing. I noticed a mention about balancing the air-in vs air-out in the case.
    I have 5 480 rads myself, all pushing air out of the case. I have lots of cut-outs in the case where the air comes in, I never thought of having some of the rads pulling air into the case, thinking that they will pull in air and heat it at the same time, messing up the temperatures for the other rads; should I reconsider?
    I am pleased with the temperatures; even if this setup is out of balance, there are 5 480 rads cooling components that could have been cooled by a just 2 rads.. I am using 20 Noctua NF-P12 fans @ 1300rpm, there is no noise that way. I also had 4 GT's 1850rpm on a rad, but I took them off very fast, they were making more noise than the other 16 Noctua fans..
    MagisD, I think you will have some noise coming from those 24 fans @ 1850rpm; are you planing on running them all at full throttle? If so, invest in some sound damping material. All the inside of my case is padded with Akasa sound damper, it does the trick, I can't hear the fans, all I hear is the air sound going out of the case.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    terente the only real benefit of positive air pressure (more in than out) Vs negative pressure like yours, is that you can filter the inlet fans to avoid dust in the case.
    in your case you would need to filter all the cut outs.

the temps coming out of the rads and through the case are not alot hotter i think. i have 4 fans pumping in and 3 out to maintain positive pressure and then i only need to filter the front 4.
    im going with 750rpm fans, they are totally silent, and still pushing 45cfm
    i think your right about the 1850s.
    maybe MagisD is old and deaf enuff not to care
    X2k
    The comments above are in no way endorsed by the management, the poster or any sane, rational, intelligent entity. Any complaints or offence arising from said comments can please refer to Avatar <

Xtreme Guru
    terente0081: yes, preheated air from some rads might drop cooling efficiency of others. But why not put simple radless fans then on those intake fan holes?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    rad less fans!! thats crazy talk! get back to the air forum!
    X2k
    The comments above are in no way endorsed by the management, the poster or any sane, rational, intelligent entity. Any complaints or offence arising from said comments can please refer to Avatar <

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Lol.... all the fans are on a controller , lamptrons fc-2 on its own plug to Ps. There all going to be undervolted to 1000-1300 rpm to be silent. I'm extremely picky about noise.

There's also 5 fans on back that are intakes with no rads so I have plenty of cool airflow in case. Also all holes are dustfilter in and out due to i live in a dusty city. Any opening will let dust in if not filtered.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

6 Quad rads 1 case Maybe I went a little overboard....Overkill Cube

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i get alot of dust in my case too, thats why i went for positive pressure, and got some nifty magnetic filters
    http://www.demcifilter.com/filters_filters.php
    X2k

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Didn't want the decmi ones.

And yaaaaaa my fans have shipped placing order for remaining little parts now.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk
    MagisD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So I got my fans and was going to create custom fan harness's 1 to 4.

But since I had to sleeve them anyway where they come unsleeved now.
    I bounce idea's off my wife and when were talking about this she asked me why I was doing 3x the work and not just connecting them together ..... As usual ... she's right ...... I think she had that put in our wedding contract

So I just soldered them 1 to 4 parallel. I left most of the original cable on and sleeved it in case I change it up after. The actuall connections and cables are being hidden behind mesh covering the space in between the rads.

But here are a few pics of the fans sleeved ( badly, due to my carpal tunnel)
    I'll start installation tonight.

MagisD

Xtreme Member
    jesus, make sure this rig doesnt take off like a helicopter when you turn all those fans on

Xtreme Enthusiast

fans and cableing problem

So i have all the fans installed

My only problem is screws I misjudged length when installing res and mdpc-x cable clamps instead of mesh. May have punctured 2 rads but i don't think I did they passed an Quick Air pressure test.

The whole mesh cover idea is out the windows seems the mesh is .025 steel and ate 5 dremel cut off disks just to cut 1 18" strip.

So right now cables are held in with black duct tape till i come up with a new design.

I'm open to suggestions and idea please.
    MagisD

Xtreme Addict
    Video with them all turning on... get filming, NOW!!
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Xtreme Member
    Now I know why Gentle Typhoon are b.o. everywhere! You bought them all! I'm trying to buy some since 2 months and they are ALWAYS out of stock!

Nice build. I love those MM cube build. So easy to work with, so much space.
    i7 3930k EK-Supreme HF - Asus Rampage IV X79 - QUAD-Fire: 4X Asus 7970 EK waterblocks - 4X4GB=16GB RipjawsZ 2400 CL9 - Crucial C300 128Gb M4 128Gb 2x Intel X25-M 160GB 3X Seagate 2TB - Mountain Mods Extended Ascension + Pedestal 24 - Dual-PSU: Antec HCP-1200 + Corsair AX850 - EyeFinity 3X 30'' LCD - Windows 7 64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lol and I thought I was intense with 4x triples (one in push pull). I think you'll be surprised by the noise, I rarely turn my 16 fans on anymore, except if I play music on my headset. On the plus side, you'll find that you can keep your i7 at 4.5-4.6ghz on passive cooling no problem

Xtreme Enthusiast
    you will defiantly need clearance from air traffic control before you start that thing up!
    X2k

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Spent 4 hours today trimming screws with the dremel.

ok panels are wired , cable clipped till I figure out how to cut this mesh.

couple of pics, res and pumps are sleeved and installed.

Sorry no video ... I messed with cam on my se x10, apparently till the update hit it films horribly.

MagisD

Quote Originally Posted by MagisD View Post

perv

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Panel down !!!! Panel Down !!!!!

LOL, leak testing last night and my top panel was hemorrhaging. fittings and slow leak in the middle rad at the back ... right where it would drip onto mb. I need the comp for work tomorrow. So the top panel off system for I can work on it over the week. fronts testing like a champ and dammmmmm 2 mcp-35x in insane pressure and speed ;-)
    MagisD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm liking that brown you're testing on the wall.

omg dude you spent about as much on fans as i spent on my whole LC setup :O minus a few BP fittings.

btw how is the mcp35x in comparison to the 350/355 mostly about sound ..

i got a 350, and at full it's way too loud, but at 7v or whatever it is near perfect. how are those on lower percentages?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins View Post
    I'm liking that brown you're testing on the wall.

omg dude you spent about as much on fans as i spent on my whole LC setup :O minus a few BP fittings.

btw how is the mcp35x in comparison to the 350/355 mostly about sound ..

i got a 350, and at full it's way too loud, but at 7v or whatever it is near perfect. how are those on lower percentages?
    For real?? I have 2x Tripple top 350s and i dont hear them at all and i had to change some stuff around with the loops to slow those babies down! hehe. Outragous flow that i did not expect!
    Running now, http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=693435

Intel 3960 @ 5Ghz
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    QuadFire 7970
    X-Fi Sound Card
    16GB G.Skill 2133Mhz DDR3 Quad Channel Ram 9,11,10 @ 1.65v.
    3 Acer 23" 3D Ready LCDs
    2x Ultra X4 1600 WATT P/S 's
    MM Extension Ascention UFO Case W/ Top of the line Water cooling. Dream build!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
    For real?? I have 2x Tripple top 350s and i dont hear them at all and i had to change some stuff around with the loops to slow those babies down! hehe. Outragous flow that i did not expect!
    the only thing I hear while my computer is running are my pumps and yea I know what you mean I almost exploded when I saw how fast they went compared to every pump I've ever used before lol.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the 35x at full rpm sound like little rc cars just a steady whine haven't hooked them up to pwm header yet.

Leak testing today went perfectly...kinda made me paranoid. Usually there 1 fitting or something that needs tightening ....installed mb and blocks and 0 leaks on first test. let it run for a couple of hours while I puttered around the house.

couple of pics with all lc installed (except top panel that's out for a week while I replace a rad) and get a few more fittings.

its too bad i need this comp up and running all week for work otherwise I'd be done by Wednesday.

MagisD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    MUHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Its alive ! ;-)
    MagisD

Xtreme Addict
    This is some GT's pron !

great work MagisD, hang on !
    BTTB - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - WCed I7 4770k - 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz - Zotac GTX 780
    Asus Xonar Pheobus - OS -> Toshiba Q 256gb - Games -> 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0
    Corsair HX850 - Tecnofront HWD BenchTable - Asus VE278Q 5760x1080

Serveur - Asus Z77m PRO - 2500K - NH-C12P - 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz
    Agility 4 128gb - Corsair CX430M - 1TB Black - 2TB green - 2TB Red

KatPat - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - FX-8320 - PH-TC14CS - 2x4gb Viper 1600mhz - GTS 450
    Samsung Evo 120gb - Corsair HX750 - Bitfenix Survivor White - Asus VE247H

Xtreme Guru
    more updates!! this is insane but 6 rads???? i thought my 2x 480s were overkill haha

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast