Thread: Annual Extreme Overclocking Event 2010 by Battlenet Pefkakia

One-Eyed Killing Machine

Annual Extreme Overclocking Event 2010 by Battlenet Pefkakia

Me and Crio got invited to bench live at an internet cafe called Battlenet a few days ago, unfortunately I got most of the stuff just one day before the event ( today ) so I didn't do everything I wanted to, only had time to create a few OS images, spray the GTX 480 with conformal spray, insulate the mobo & the VGA and pack my stuff and hit the road.
    I wanted to mod and use lots of stuff ( Gigabyte 5870 SOC, the GTX480, dual 5970's, a second mobo, etc ) but I just couldn't.

As usual whenever I have an event it'll be on a rainy day, and today was one of the same

My Intel Core i7 980X E.S. ( B1 revision, Q4EG ) is a bad clocker, very low CBB & CB ( -116C CBB, -123C CB ), has some issues with high voltages ( won't work at any Vcore over 1.64V* [ worked just once at 1.7V ] ) and also struggles with high UnCore clocks.
    Very weird chip.
    With HT on I could run wPrime 32M at 5.7GHz at -120C @ 1.7V, and AquaMark 3 at 5.7GHz at -118C @ 1.7V until... a restart later it stopped working at any voltage over 1.64V :p
    With that limit, I can't say it doesn't clock well, but generally it sucks.
    AquaMark 3 at 5.65GHz at -118C @ 1.63V
    3D Mark03 at 5.52GHz at -121C @ 1.64V

I only saved 2 or 3 screenshots and 3D Mark project files ( think I missed the best one at 125k gotta check the OS disk later ), but Jason a good friend of mine was there to do what he does best, take some pictures with his camera

Let's see what we have for now:

HWbot score ( best I found at the secondary HDD )

Earlier ( yet slower ) score screenie:

( left to right ) BenchZowner, Crio pre-testing

Zafiropo ( 2nd person from the right ) and Stelios a.k.a. Stelaras ( 1st person from the right ) getting a photo for the lucky draw ( Zafiropo won a HD5830 )

Crio working on the MSI 890FX GD70 or something , no comment

Sofos1990 playing with my setup

My students

Une attraction ?

Too bad Jason erased a great paparazzi-like AWESOME photo he took of another chick ( damn you man! )
    Last edited by BenchZowner; 05-15-2010 at 02:57 PM.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    great

hope you guy shad lot of fun
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Aussie God
    Bill, which mail did you send the invitation to? I didnt receive it
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

I am Xtreme
    yes we all missed you Marc

Darn Bill you were +/- shaved, nice babyskin :p
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

It was a great event with lot of fun. Even though we had no great scores , we talked with our web friends and we had a great time. Thanx Battlenet for organising that event.

Champion
    Nice event...and nice VGA score
    Did you mod the GTX 480?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Thanks man, it was fun despite the bad CPU clocking.
    Nope, the GTX 480 arrived at the very last second, so I just used Afterburner Extreme to adjust the GPU Core Voltage.
    OCP was kicking in at 1180-1200MHz GPU Core.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero