Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: nVIDIA reference GeForce GTX 480 Mods

Xtreme Member
    Is the no coldbug bios also withoud ocp and ovp?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Snot aap View Post
    Is the no coldbug bios also withoud ocp and ovp?
    Yeap.
    OVP isn't an issue at all however, the GTX 480 scales just at 1.25V to 1.35V
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Yeap.
    OVP isn't an issue at all however, the GTX 480 scales just at 1.25V to 1.35V
    Ok cool.

I don't have a card so I can't check but is the uP6210A user to power the memory?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Hmmm, I don't know I didn't bother checking.
    I'll get back to you later on

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hipro just alleviated a ton of tension in the community

Champion
    Hipro is a gentleman as always. Thanks George and good luck at MOA finals !
    Born to lose, live to win!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Very generously done by Hipro TY!
    --->TeamPURE<---

Xtreme Member
    Big thanks

Forgive for my English because I only learn it

Xtreme Guru
    thank you sir

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

¿
    OCP Hard mod added.
    Anyone tested this?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Don't bother doing hardware OCP mods.
    There's a nice software way of taking care of that ( I'll post it later on, gotta go now )

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    You can disable OCP via software ( flash the CHL8266 controller with a modified firmware which disables OVP & OCP ) [ you still need to do the MEM OCP mod, this disables the OCP for the GPU core only ].
    No need to run GPU-z and co, just flash the CHL8266 once and you're done forever

You'll find the necessary files and instructions in the linked RAR archive file:

CHiL 8266 Disabled OCP Firmware - Download from BenchZone
    CHiL 8266 Disabled OCP Firmware - Download from RapidShare

Updated the first post too.

Xtreme Member
    First thank's for your efforts.

Is there a difference if I flash the card with No OCP, No OVP BIOS from the first post and if I flash only CHL8266 controller with a modified firmware using the stock bios.
    And it is possible to revert CHL8266 original firmware?
    |RIIIE||Xeon W3520#3845A935|EVGA GTX480||PC3 16000 Kingston HyperX 6GB||2x150GB WD VRaptor||WD6401AALS||HAF 932//CM 1250W||LenovoL220x||X-Fi Xtreme Music||Lycosa+Lachesis+Destructor+G27+P880|
    WC-Loop1: CPU |EK-Supreme HF|Magicool Xtreme III||MCP355||MCRES| Loop2: VGA/NB| EK-FC480 GTX-Acetal / MCW30|MCP655|MCR220QP|MCRES|

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    You can revert to the original firmware ( although it doesn't really matter, the only difference is that it disables OCP & OVP, which does no harm to the card despite the cooling method used, and is also non-detectable by non-really experts ).
    I will get back to you with the PM asap

Xtreme Member
    I try to flash CHL8266 on EVGA GTX480SC, but I receive this error message

All files from archive are copied to bootable USB stick. Am I doing something wrong?
    |RIIIE||Xeon W3520#3845A935|EVGA GTX480||PC3 16000 Kingston HyperX 6GB||2x150GB WD VRaptor||WD6401AALS||HAF 932//CM 1250W||LenovoL220x||X-Fi Xtreme Music||Lycosa+Lachesis+Destructor+G27+P880|
    WC-Loop1: CPU |EK-Supreme HF|Magicool Xtreme III||MCP355||MCRES| Loop2: VGA/NB| EK-FC480 GTX-Acetal / MCW30|MCP655|MCR220QP|MCRES|

nice mods, might try these if i get some 480's

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    @nickless

Sorry man, forgot to enter the full flash command, sometimes ( I don't know why it does that ) you have to define the target device by using the -t switch.

Type chlflash.exe /? to see all the available command switches ( one of them will be a save/dump current firmware, which allows you to save a backup of your current CHL8266 firmware ( BIOS ).

Xtreme Member
    SO does this has been tested to remove OCP? or is it an assumption waiting for test?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    It's 100% GUARANTEED.

Turkey Man
    sweet mod

Xtreme Member
    You da man bench!!!!!!!!!!!

Xtreme Mentor
    When does the OVP kick in?

Xtreme Member
    @nickless

Sorry man, forgot to enter the full flash command, sometimes ( I don't know why it does that ) you have to define the target device by using the -t switch.

Type chlflash.exe /? to see all the available command switches ( one of them will be a save/dump current firmware, which allows you to save a backup of your current CHL8266 firmware ( BIOS ).
    Thank's. I manage to save current firmware, but the commands in help menu are little different from this one in readme.txt (chlflash Vt chl8266 chilocp.txt)

I saved current firmware with "chilflsh -t CHL8266 -b SaveSettings.txt"
    Now for flashing with modified firmware if I use the commands in help menu I should use the following command:
    chilflsh -t CHL8266 chilocp.txt (in your readme.txt the command is with Vt).
    Is this the full flash command (only with -t switch)?

EDIT: Tested, "chilflsh -t CHL8266 chilocp.txt" command works for me
    Thank's again.
    Last edited by nickless; 07-16-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Xtreme Member
    I did this on my 3 cards.. and now I can't set the clocks with any program... Need a backup.. this is the only thing i did to them and lost the ability to set the gpu core.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    That's weird.
    Which program are you using ?
    Did you switch drivers maybe ?

I'll get you back on track later, need to get some rest now, sorry I'm very tired.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast