Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: nVIDIA reference GeForce GTX 480 Mods

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Forced 3D Performance mode state BIOS to avoid the annoying 2D -> high 3D clocks apply bug and the "2D mode" CB ( Cold Bug ) [ some cards artifact when going colder than a certain temperature when idling at desktop ( 2D perf mode ) ]

BIOS includes the CSB ( Cold Slow Bug ) fix of course.

Created and tested by me today on LN2.

Enjoy!

Download the BIOS file from RapidShare

RAR Password:
    Code:
    www.benchzone.com
    Last edited by BenchZowner; 08-08-2010 at 06:08 AM.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    Thanks !

OVERCLOCK TEAM HOLLAND

http://www.overclocking-holland.nl/

Wanna look under my kilt?
    .rar is passworded. Billlllll............
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Sorry forgot to mention that lol

www.benchzone.com is the pass

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Cheers!

I went on a guessing spree.... I got close!
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

I tried the BIOS..... GDDR clocks dont apply. Am stuck at 950. Guessing its related to how you forced 3D clocks? (that part works fine)

Loving your POST- intro text
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    You mean you can't overclock the VRAM ?
    Which tool are you using ?

eVGA Precision. Was working A-1 until I re-flashed the BIOS. Now, when I hit "apply," it goes back to 1900. Also tried Riva. It says it sets the clocks, but its not being applied.

you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Xtreme Member
    Me voltages are jumping up and down (gtx 480) using afterburner 1.6B set 1.3 v jumps to 1.21 v /1.4x v ?
    bleu screen running 3d bench .

OVERCLOCK TEAM HOLLAND

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    eVGA Precision. Was working A-1 until I re-flashed the BIOS. Now, when I hit "apply," it goes back to 1900. Also tried Riva. It says it sets the clocks, but its not being applied.

Try with this and let me know.

http://www.benchzone.com/Downloads/T..._v1.70.1pb.zip

@diezel
    When did that voltage jumping thing started ? After you flashed with the last BIOS ? Before that ? After you've done the HW mods ?

Xtreme Member
    the only thing i no the card dit not have the problem at stock
    i have done the CHiL 8266 Disabled OCP Firmware .and the nVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 Cold Slow Bug BIOS (nvflash.exe -4 -5 -6 GTX480CB.rom) and the OCP/OVP hardmod

OVERCLOCK TEAM HOLLAND

With your BIOS, the software does nothing.

Reverted back to Georges original cold-slow BIOS and everything is fine, both with that software and the precision :S

Im using Tiny-XP Rev9.
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I tried the BIOS..... GDDR clocks dont apply. Am stuck at 950. Guessing its related to how you forced 3D clocks? (that part works fine)

Loving your POST- intro text
    Thanks for noticing the GDDR bug Kenny.
    Without you I wouldn't have noticed it, since eLeet didn't indicate that the GDDR overclock didn't get applied.

And thanks to my (s)HEX(y) skills I just fixed the GDDR bug with a newer BIOS

http://rapidshare.com/files/411994234/CSEVG3D2.rar.html

Pass is.... guess... yeah, www.benchzone.com

So your scores should have been even higher?

Pleased to help Sadly... I wont be able to benefit. I ****ing hate these cards and im never touching one again
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    My scores will get better for sure, even with lower clocks.
    Got to test the CPU with 6c/6t instead of 6c/12t.
    Can push more voltage.
    Can use a higher multiplier ( could be limited by that too )
    Can push the uncore ( it was kept low to ensure stability and at least some finished runs ).
    And more

I am Xtreme
    I ****ing hate these cards and im never touching one again
    Promises promises
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Member
    I just followed everything you posted on here Bill and I tested 3-way sli. They all run at 1200mhz + together and it's awesome!! No problems so far. hard mod combined with soft mod or vice versa.. I love how you can freeze them all to about -130 / -150c and they just keep on rockin!! I did one short run today at 1200 and then 1250mhz for comparison.. Jumped from 135k to about 138k in 3dmark 03.. 3dmark 05 did'nt do much..

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Once you get those running smoothly, they're pretty f*cking awesome cards, aren't they ?

Xtreme Member
    Hell yeah they are!! That's when all the fun starts! before all this was done, it was almost impossible to run multiple cards on ln2.. One card would'nt show up.. reboot, another one would'nt show up turn off the system and their all back on.. weird stuff before but this is great!!

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I can feel you're enjoying this big time

Xtreme Member
    Yeah man! So pumped. It's been fun. I just need to find a better 980x to go with this now.. The search continues..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    have you used a voltmod hardmod Bodar? im doubting, if it will add anything ( stability? ) , or if it's worth it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thijs View Post
    have you used a voltmod hardmod Bodar? im doubting, if it will add anything ( stability? ) , or if it's worth it.
    I did'nt add the voltage hard mod becaue it did'nt seem like it was worth it.. the thing is, I have one gpu that will run at 1300mhz and another that will run at 1150mhz max.. Same mods and everything.. They both max out at about 1.40v and run at -170 / -180c. I do have a couple that will do 1250mhz together.. Also, I noticed that if you do the mem hard mods and any of your soldering is off by a msec then you will have lots of problems.. cold bugs and framerate drops.. all kinds of bad stuff.. just experienced that with one card today.. Luckily I just removed the soldering job and it still works.. needs to be re worked though.

Xtreme Member
    Here's an example of a hard mod gone wrong.. I followed everything that Bill posted here as well as the hard mods.. You see how the mem does'nt match up? That was a crap soldering job on my part and things did'nt turn out so well.. I know this gpu has more. I just fuc*ed this one up a bit.. next time will be better. My point is, everything that Bill has posted works like a charm.. I'm rockin it now at 1275mhz.. Personally, I just messed up a couple things that will hopefully get fixed with this gem gpu.. tested out of a few. this one will go beyond 1300mhz. I just need to fix my mem soldering job a bit. Those components are too small!! lol

Last edited by Bodar; 08-12-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Wow, nice run bodar

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast