Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 Retail picture

Team ID - Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by Musho View Post
    The Hybrid silent pipe still uses up one expansion slot bracket of your case, right?
    Yes of course, but since UD9 using XL-ATX form factor, you need the chasis with minimum 8 explansion slot bracket, so i think no problem.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainas View Post
    either way, that still beats Asus.
    qft
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░
    ░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Lodewijk View Post
    Yes of course, but since UD9 using XL-ATX form factor, you need the chasis with minimum 8 explansion slot bracket, so i think no problem.
    9! You need a case with nine brackets minimum, 10 for quad dual slot GPU action.

Anyway to me both current XL-ATX enthusiast boards equal lazy PCB engineering. Only 7 slots, yet taking up 9 PCI brackets worth of space? It's entirely possible to make these features work on an EATX board like ASUS demonstrated a couple of times now (P6T7, RIIIE). If trace routing is such an issue I'd personally rather pay for a 10 or even 12 layer PCB and a fully copper active chipset cooling solution (two NF200 = ~40 Watts extra to shed) than a new big ass, ugly case.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sholvaco View Post
    9! You need a case with nine brackets minimum, 10 for quad dual slot GPU action.

Anyway to me both current XL-ATX enthusiast boards equal lazy PCB engineering. Only 7 slots, yet taking up 9 PCI brackets worth of space? It's entirely possible to make these features work on an EATX board like ASUS demonstrated a couple of times now (P6T7, RIIIE). If trace routing is such an issue I'd personally rather pay for a 10 or even 12 layer PCB and a fully copper active chipset cooling solution (two NF200 = ~40 Watts extra to shed) than a new big ass, ugly case.
    Quoted for truth. But then again, people that have enough money to buy these kind of systems usually don't mind spending a bit more on a new case. So they aren't losing that many sales by cheaping out on the design. Why do you need 10 brackets for quad GPU though? 1 for the hybrid silent pipe plus 2 per GPU ends up requiring 9 for quad GPU, right?

Xtreme Member
    ^
    You need 10 because both boards skip the first two PCI brackets in order to fit all their junk there (one of the two NF200, NB, uncore PWM...). The first PCI slot lines up with the third PCI bracket on a case while the last, seventh slot lines up with the ninth bracket. A dual-slot GPU in the last slot overhangs the motherboard therefore you need 10 brackets.

Just a personal opinion, but all of the cases able to fit these so far are dead ugly to me (yes even the Lian Li). So even if I had all the money in the world...
    Last edited by sholvaco; 05-15-2010 at 08:32 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    which cases can hold this monster? thanks.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HelixPC View Post
    Corsair 800D does with a minor mod

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodkin View Post
    Is the waterblock still Aluminum, if so thats a deal killer for me
    copper mate..........GIGABYTE's had copper on their borads for a loooong time...

Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    what is on off charge ???
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/...off-charge.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DuraN View Post
    More importantly, what is that Gigabyte VIP Card good for
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    A date with Dinos22
    Quote Originally Posted by DuraN View Post

Quote Originally Posted by systemviper View Post
    the one thing i want to know is WHEN!

all the gig boards rock, so i am sure this will be no diff/
    first shipments went out end of last week so they will appear in shops next week or week after

Quote Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post
    Is this board really 649 dollar those.

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18802/1/

Thats too much for a none dual processor motherboard. Considering I think the original ex58 xtreme was 399, I thinks it's pretty hard to justify another 649 dollars considering it looks very similar to the UD7 aside from the quadfire arrangement.
    Street price in Australia is ~AUD$650 (roughly high US$500 price tag for us but we are always more expensive than places like US so i guess just see what they will sell for locally in your country)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Lodewijk View Post
    Yes, agree with you Sascha...UD9 waterblock design should be better than this, or just forget the waterblock and save the money. Hybrid Silentpipe design is better and i think good cooling solution already.
    yeah agreed there

Quote Originally Posted by HelixPC View Post
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/...9_caselist.pdf
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by sholvaco View Post
    ^
    You need 10 because both boards skip the first two PCI brackets in order to fit all their junk there (one of the two NF200, NB, uncore PWM...). The first PCI slot lines up with the third PCI bracket on a case while the last, seventh slot lines up with the ninth bracket. A dual-slot GPU in the last slot overhangs the motherboard therefore you need 10 brackets.

Just a personal opinion, but all of the cases able to fit these so far are dead ugly to me (yes even the Lian Li). So even if I had all the money in the world...
    Wouldnt need a 10 slot case if manuf started making single slot brackets for the watercooling crowd....
    X299X Aorus Master
    I9 10920x
    32gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-4000
    EVGA 2070 Super x2
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    4 512gb Silicon Power NVME
    4 480 Adata SSD
    2 1tb HGST 7200rpm 2.5 drives
    X-Fi Titanium
    1200 watt Lepa
    Custom water-cooled View 51TG

Xtreme Mentor
    gigabyte said 24phase of UD9 is more advance than 24phase of UD7 ???
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatRaceTin View Post
    Hard to say, the old design seemed to be a 6 phase controller and MUX. Not sure what they are doing with this one. The UD5 VRM actually 'looks' better in the article Dino linked than the UD7.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by raju View Post
    Hard to say, the old design seemed to be a 6 phase controller and MUX. Not sure what they are doing with this one. The UD5 VRM actually 'looks' better in the article Dino linked than the UD7.
    They should've just used digital PWM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    They should've just used digital PWM.
    Maybe gig engineers know something that we don't? Who knows...

Anyway it's nice looking board, I doubt it would lack some nice performance. For someone that can afford additional PCI-e cards this is really nice board to go with....otherwise..

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by PatRaceTin View Post
    X58A-UD9 new 24phase Design

708a vcore output pretty easy to handle gulftown, also the new VRM design has complicate and very smart switch dynamic phase let motherboard more durable and strong.

if you not extreme user, but more focus on engery saver, this VRM design has new techlonlogy, each tiime boot will rotale first pahse to turn on machine, such as first time boot using first phase to turn on, 2nd turn on with 3rd phase automatically, this will reduce RMA risk, give VRM more longer life time, and reduce very boot hit on the same phase.

DES2 with new design

on tranditional dynamic VRM design offers CPU phase depened on loading which
    cpu needed. but every time boot the system will from first phase. with engery saver
    tool, system might could change the phase for cpu using, like 1 phase or 2 phase when
    cpu is idle, so think about this, each time you boot the system and idle system, most of time
    power is attacking the first phase, first phase always be use 100%. means if first phase
    die then you need to RMA to board.

so take down this,
    1. first phase always be used 100%, if die then need to RMA board

with new VRM and energy saving design, system will chose random phase to boot(
    yes this is the new technology!), when cpu boot or idle , first phase won't be aways 100%
    and not be the only one be attack, so if first phase die, 2nd phase replace to boot system
    automatically, if 2nd die , 3rd phase will instead to do this job.

so take down this.

2. first phase won't be hit 100%, lift more longer life span of VRM
    if first phase die, the board still work well, casue 2nd phase will replace to do the job.

3. reduce the heater of VRM, if system is idle or light loading, the heater won't be always
    on the same phase. system boot to choose each phase to be the master phase.

with DES 2 software, system will auotmatically choose which phase to boot, also provide
    dynamic phase change. make a exmaple, when cpu light loading needs 2 phase to work
    system choose 1st and 3rd, so 2nd phase won't be use, this function also balance the heater from whole VRM design.

system is under DES2 controlled, and compatible with easytune6, you could do overclocking aslo do the DES2, here is the defination when VRM will use full 24phase
    , when cpu is under heavy loading, current over than 80amps of vcore, normally
    if you install a 980x processor do a full core task, VRM will run 24phase.

X58A-UD9 is based on this new technology of VRM design, but more complicate
    sorry i can't tell whole story, but hope my explaination will help you to understand
    gigabyte's new VRM design.

the attached picture like a simple explanation, and comparison with trandition
    engery saving VRM design.

X58A-UD9 new VRM energy saving design benefit.
    1. balance and reduce the heat of VRM
    2. more effiency offer power with dynamic phase change
    3. offer more long life span, reducing power attacking the same phase
    4. reduce RMA case ( attached picture use 4phase to explain, with tranditional design
    if first phase die, then you need RMA, with new design, if you loose phase 1,3,4 board
    still alive.)
    5. new 24phase VRM and DES2 design, combined with best effiency and powerful
    current for cpu using.

backup* if you not install DES2, VRM do full 24 phase all the time.

hicookie

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It's Available at Newegg for $699.99. 23 are in stock.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...pk=ga-x58a-ud9

Not sure if it warrants that type of a premium price.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensek View Post
    It's Available at Newegg for $699.99. 23 are in stock.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...pk=ga-x58a-ud9

Not sure if it warrants that type of a premium price.
    WTH Gigabyte is thinking ? even EVGA SR-2 is $100 less cheaper than that...damn I was looking forward for UD9, but for at that price I could get a RE3 + memory at least...

I am Xtreme
    hicookie

can you switch off the ocp in the bios?

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    WTH Gigabyte is thinking ? even EVGA SR-2 is $100 less cheaper than that...damn I was looking forward for UD9, but for at that price I could get a RE3 + memory at least...
    I am wondering, where can you buy SR-2 ??? Thing is; someone actually asked me on MSN, and I simply couldnt answer.... It seems to be a not released product...???? A 5-10 sample ultra rare edition???
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    hicookie

can you switch off the ocp in the bios?
    BIOS do automatically recently, also we can open a option in BIOS,
    which one you prefer?

hicookie

Xtreme Mentor
    Thank you hicookie

new design is very good!!!
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

Xtreme Member
    So there is difference between ud7 and ud9 24 phase operation after all?
    Dual Power Switching is not present with ud7, thus new re-engineered 24 phase power design rotates phases with each initial boot.
    Nice reading, thanks hicookie!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hicookie View Post
    3. offer more long life span, reducing power attacking the same phase
    4. reduce RMA case ( attached picture use 4phase to explain, with tranditional design if first phase die, then you need RMA, with new design, if you loose phase 1,3,4 board
    still alive.)
    3. Will switching boot phase make a difference for most of the people that buys these premium boards which will be replaces within a year?

4. If say one VRM phase dies, wouldn't you want to RMA the board anyway? Even if you could boot and back up your files, and use it while your RMA is being approved, which is the only thing I see a use for this technology.

Also, without the motherboard dieing, how do you know how many phases has died? Does the software report it?

Quote Originally Posted by creidiki View Post
    We are a band of fearless modern-day alchemists who, for fun, run solutions through sophisticated, if overpriced, separator setups, and then complain when we succeed in separating said solution.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by hicookie View Post
    BIOS do automatically recently, also we can open a option in BIOS,
    which one you prefer?

hicookie
    recently saw your 3d05 @ 6.7ghz!!! very very nice world record

is there a coldbug adjustment possible? were you able to adjust something software wise or hardware wise to adjust coldbug?

is the cpu you used for 6.7ghz es or retail? is this another batch from your previous results?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12