Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOA 2010 - Russian version

Xtreme Russian

MOA 2010 - Russian version

It is time to start new competition and new thread.
    But same like last year in Russia - places in European finals are reserved.
    Look at this page - http://moa2010.topmods.net/
    Compare it to http://gooc2010.gigabyte.ru/ and http://www.msi.eu/fermi/ - last link at least has MSI logo in top
    I can`t imagine that such big vendor as MSI has so small budget for making site for competition.

Last year they create competition with 4 contestants, but another 2 "chosen" guys go to Munich = Dimdirol and his team-mate. We were waiting for similar "epic fail" this year.

I`m happy with conditions - teams are invited and given one MoBo and one videocard - five teams - so qualification will be between five people chosen by local office.

List of teams -
    TopMods.NET
    Z.O.T.
    ModLabs.NET
    TotalOverClock - (whole team hwboints less than Smoke`s hardware boints)
    Russian Overs Team

Only one week for online qualification. Vantage on Clarkdale CPU - beautiful rules.

OCClub is not invited - so no DeDaL, no Smoke, no slamms, no NeoForce participating in qualifiers. Second year in row russian office of MSI ignore top russian overclockers. What is the reason? I don`t know maybe MSI is not interested in overclocking or even don`t know what it is? Or may be they don't know what HWBot.org and XS and OCX and other overclocking sites are? So they of course couldn't know that there is more than one overclocker in Russia
    Look at Ukraine - http://ua.msi.com/news/index.php?newsID=80 - there is real qualification cause real overclockers having good reputation and good results are participating and organising.

PS. I know this thread will not change situation and those who already make deal with MSI will go to Paris - but I want overclocking community to know - DeDaL, slamms, NeoForce, Smoke and other guys forn OCClub are not losing qualifiers - they are not participating

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What a pity to read it... Although there is some 'better' things this year (5 teams), the main or one of the main russian team was not invited. Maybe you could ask MSI to open a sixth team.

It sucks

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Like I told DeDaL, contact TopMods.net and ask to be allowed to participate in the qualifiers.

By the way, I have notified MSI about this and waiting for news soon ( hopefully good news )
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    BenchZowner Thank you for your help. It is really important for my team!

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    You're welcome.
    I don't know why people are so cruel and selfish nowadays, instead of being kind and helpful.
    Whenever I can help in any way, I do it, it's not a bad thing

Let's hope for a good outcome

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Banned
    that's not something special - those contests never intend to "find the best overclocker" - some countries with lots of great guys get rejected because they will make too little PR

I am Xtreme
    occlub is the best russian team...i hope msi reconsiders

don't stop doing good BZ

Xtreme Member
    Thanks BenchZowner, thanks Hondacity for good works.

I think that We will prove their skills new results. On this weekend Q3QP with 5970LN2)

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    I will be forwarding this thread to my contacts tonight when I talk to them for our daily talks - think that it is definitely odd to say the least ... I'll see what I can do to help.

Xtreme Russian
    Thanks guys for help. We just want to participate like others.

Aussie God
    Hope things will work out, its quiet sad if you guys are not participating
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

I am Xtreme
    Very sad to hear Dimititri... seems the GOOC is heading into the same direction...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

sad to hear this Dimititri, sounds strange to me
    i hope you can participating as other team
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtreme Member
    very sad man, i hope msi will change its mind about you
    ps does anyone know something about moa in italy?
    sorry for my bad english
    Gigabyte Battlefield Pi 1M #3

Sorry, but this thread is a piece of crap. All questions were answered here: http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7374

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Like I told DeDaL, contact TopMods.net and ask to be allowed to participate in the qualifiers.

By the way, I have notified MSI about this and waiting for news soon ( hopefully good news )
    TopMods is just a participating team, not the organizer of this competition. Read the HWBot thread, plz

Xtreme Member
    any news of moa in other countries?
    sorry for my bad english
    Gigabyte Battlefield Pi 1M #3

Aristidis and Stelaras from Greece....
    Super Pi and Tweaking until death....

Hardware Nightmare
    T0lsty and TiN from Ukraine
    Taking GND reference from another galaxy

Electronics engineering @ extreme overclocker
    LN2: Cel347@8199.5MHz,920@5300,E8600@6610,QX9650@5700,X 3050@4311,X3470@5060

Xtreme Member
    This is the update I got a few days ago and havent recieved any reply to whether I can disclose this information or not, so putting it up here anyways.

With Ukraine and Russian qualifiers being held properly I dont think this is the way of selection for MOA 2010...

HWBOT WW selection

June 1-30

Top 1 can join MOA Grand Final

Futuremark WW selection

June 21-July 25

by EU/AM/Asia and Top 2 of each region can join Grand Final (TTL 6 winners)
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

Xtreme Addict
    Futuremark WW selection?

Any links to that one?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanik View Post
    Futuremark WW selection

June 21-July 25

by EU/AM/Asia and Top 2 of each region can join Grand Final (TTL 6 winners)
    AFAIK it's LOC Challenge, which probably means... Lightning Overclocking Challenge [ oh noez fail if what I assume is correct ]

Hardware Nightmare
    With Ukraine and Russian qualifiers being held properly I dont think this is the way of selection for MOA 2010...
    So what's wrong with Ukraine? We had offline comp here, nobody complains AFAIK.
    Taking GND reference from another galaxy

Electronics engineering @ extreme overclocker
    LN2: Cel347@8199.5MHz,920@5300,E8600@6610,QX9650@5700,X 3050@4311,X3470@5060

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiN_EOF View Post
    So what's wrong with Ukraine? We had offline comp here, nobody complains AFAIK.
    According to the reply from MSI, they have divided the Whole world in 3 regions, Europe, America and Asia with only 2 winners from each region who would be all selected online. There would be another single winner selected from the whole world. Everything would be online. Any only the Grand Finale would happen in a brick and mortar place.

I do not have a problem with Ukraine competition, but since we know Russia and Ukraine already had an offline competition hence the outline of competition I got from MSI Asia above might not be True/correct is all I am saying...
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

I do not have a problem with Ukraine competition, but since we know Russia and Ukraine already had an offline competition hence the outline of competition I got from MSI Asia above might not be True/correct is all I am saying...
    Please, think and check information before posting here. In Ukraine was fair selection, without any claim's from the participants. I think any of them will confirm this.
    MOA2009 EU №9, Gigabyte TweaKing "№3" (4,7), First Ukrainian Overclocking Championship 2010 - "№1"

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRat View Post
    Please, think and check information before posting here. In Ukraine was fair selection, without any claim's from the participants. I think any of them will confirm this.
    I think this information is about GRAND final, not European. But I'm not sure, if I understood thebanik's post correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast