Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FCC hands hollywood the keys to your PC and home theatre

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    if u do go with the tea party as of now, you are a nut job, im not making a personal attack but the leaders of that movement are corporations
    The only nut jobs are the people gullible enough to believe this. The people promoting this idea have an agenda to paint that movement as something bad and discredit them. Don't pay any attention to them, those crazy nutjobs, right? Honestly, who has convinced you that corporations somehow lead these grassroots, fairly unorganized rallies? Someone who would rather you follow THEIR ideals and agenda instead? Was it Alex Jones who convinced you of this? Or was it the media on Obama's side (MSNBC, NYT, John Stewart, Bill Mahr, etc)? Either way, they aren't what they claim to be and it's not hard to see through the agenda if you look at all of this the right way.

Come on zanzabar, I've read many of your posts and I know you're a lot smarter than that.
    Last edited by Soulburner; 05-12-2010 at 05:40 PM.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

so having freedom works and its brethren paying for the trea party events and having them sponsored by fox news means that they are still the same as the original movement. the original movement was to stop the expansion of government, increase personal freedom and to protect the environment from exploitation. but what the people who seam to be the figure heads want is more government but only if its them, the backing of the arizona racial profiling is ok push (as that if u are do something illegal then u have to prove u belong here is not enough), the push to expand the war on drugs, more taxes on bulk of individuals through payroll and income but less for capital gains and corporations and coal/drilling for oil every ware that we can do. the current people in the movement dont even want legal weed even though it would bring a huge amount of tax revenue allowing for lower taxes else ware and its a personal freedom.

i was part of the original movement, im a registered libertarian, i liked and agreed with the original movement, but the current one though is just a fake out to make evangelical republicans cool again. furthermore any group that endorses palin has something wrong if they are supposed to be for the citizens and personal freedom.

and maybe the 2 most damning things of the current moment is that for health care the people i know who say that they are in the tea party and the local rallies they want fully deregulated insurance and they want no public option, and no abortion for people covered by the exchanges. ignoring abortion as it will bring up the moral questions (stopping it dose stop personal freedom though), with a mandate and no public option its handing your wallet and bank account to the insurance companies, and if it was fully deregulated then the market would not find an equilibrium it would just end with people with bad insurance that would not cover anything then that would lead to health emergencies that would not be covered then every1 else would have to pick it up expanding the current problems. it also goes against the free market as to have a free market it needs to be regulated to prevent monopolies, duopolies or collusion as without competition the market cannot work. then there is the love of medicare but hate for the public option. for the second the tea party seams to be backing a bunch of anti terror crap that will remove citizen ship without a trial and suspend basic rights, along with expanding things like the patriot act. that goes against all of the original core beliefs and shows terrorists that terrorism works as it takes out way of life away and makes it more like the sharia law that they want to force on us. the only difference would be that we could have pork and eventually we would all wear nothing as thats the only way to make sure that there is no weapons.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 05-12-2010 at 06:10 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    so having freedom works and its brethren paying for the trea party events and having them sponsored by fox news means that they are still the same as the original movement. the original movement was to stop the expansion of government, increase personal freedom and to protect the environment from exploitation. but what the people who seam to be the figure heads want is more government but only if its them, the backing of the arizona racial profiling is ok push (as that if u are do something illegal then u have to prove u belong here is not enough), the push to expand the war on drugs, more taxes on bulk of individuals through payroll and income but less for capital gains and corporations and coal/drilling for oil every ware that we can do. the current people in the movement dont even want legal weed even though it would bring a huge amount of tax revenue allowing for lower taxes else ware and its a personal freedom.

i was part of the original movement, im a registered libertarian, i liked and agreed with the original movement, but the current one though is just a fake out to make evangelical republicans cool again. furthermore any group that endorses palin has something wrong if they are supposed to be for the citizens and personal freedom.
    Interesting take.

Now, I see myself as an observer and try to learn as much as I can (without going insane, because I really don't like politics) about the different idealogies, movements and agendas at play in the United States. It is interesting to learn what each group says about the other group. The enemy is always different depending what side you're on, and there is always more to the story than someone is telling you. No issue is black and white - there is so much gray area in all of our issues today that doesn't get covered, many people are easily polarized against one group or the other without contemplating intellectually the complexity of the issues. The reason is lack of complete information without bias or agenda. If people had this they wouldn't be so easily convinced one way or the other.

One thing I will say about your take on deregulation though...is you are ignoring the regulations that caused or contributed to our problems with the insurance and financial markets. Yes, the government has done wrong. The answer is, we need the right regulations and we have not found that happy medium yet.

The Einstein quote in my sig says it all. And that was many, many years ago.
    Last edited by Soulburner; 05-12-2010 at 06:17 PM.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

on this thread i dont think that anything in the regulation caused this problem, the FCC is mostly there to help the consumer. sure this time they screwed up but it wont do anything to computers really what it will do is remove home DVR units like tivo or the cable companies moto boxes. what i see for this is having more movies that cost $10 on demand that are B or indi being ondemand for way more money than they would be worth renting so that wont help them out, no difference for good movies and block busters and having popular shows on tv being banned from dvrs. i also dont think that it will last long and the fcc will take it back once it hurts the dvr and people will actually care. and maybe the worst of this is that for on demand content its governed the same way that disks are so they could already and do already have HDCP only and digital only rentals.

the FCC is also getting the ability to reregulate the internet''s lines and connection policies so that will be a huge help as there will be no tiered service or stopping of port traffic.

on the other topic, if u dont know about freedom works u should look them up, they are a secretive group that is funded by allot of evangelical and corporate lobbyist groups with their main objective being to expand corporate tax cuts and move foreword a christian agenda but its not really a christian agenda its more of an FLDS and prohibitionist agenda but also for killing the environment and lowering corporate taxes and regulations, much like the communist party in china.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 05-12-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

I guess my point is I would just be very careful of getting behind any group or movement without being fully knowledgeable about the big picture. And even if you think you are, you probably aren't. Those who would demonize or downplay one group are often just trying to corral you into their line of ideals instead.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

c[_]
    I dont think there is a single politician who doesnt have dirty hands.. with more truth to the statement the further up the political structure you go.

Threads getting quite politicy... :/

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    the tea party isnt a party. there is the democratic, republican, constitution, green, libertarian parties... no tea party.

the tea party was just people who were too young or dumb to know that there was already a party that fit them. like the libertarian party.

here is more information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ics_comparison

My own little world
    The problem is not the actual disabling of the Analogue path (As stevil pointed out, there are ways round it), it's the fact that this may well be the thin end of the wedge. What's next? Given Big Content's past track record, I'd say more clampdowns will likely follow, and do little to combat piracy, while ripping the consumer a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JF-AMD View Post
    Dual proc client systems are like sex in high school. Everyone talks about it but nobody is really doing it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peakr View Post
    Isn't government regulation AWESOME!

Boing Boing
    More like, "aren't unrestricted lobbying and political kickbacks totally rad?"

Blaming this kind of bull on "government regulation" rather than "corruption" - which is the real problem - is just as retarded.
    core i7 920, gigabyte EX58-UD5, 4870x2

DDC3.2 > PA120.3 > DD4870x2fc > Fuzion v1 > PA120.2 > EK Res

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12