Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project : Toxicity

cheers superphrank
    Craig
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild - Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

So I picked up some smaller SATA leads from Ebay seller SATA CITY. Brilliant seller, very fast to deliver and free postage too!

Anyway I got some 15cm, 25cm and 50cm cables which suit me down to the ground.

Much better than having to try and cable manage 30cm of cable for each hard drive.

I've been short on time recently so only really had time to do small items towards the project.

Here's a new video which pretty much brings you up to speed. Don't forget it's 720p over on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUubIh_H-yw

Still got the side panels to do but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...(and it's GREEN :P)

I'll be hoping for one more day of nice weather when it's all done so I can get some good outdoor photos and then I'll overload your bandwidth with them haha.
    Craig
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild - Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

Well the weather never improved so I had to resort to some indoor photos.

I do still have the side panels to work on so these are mostly just internal shots for your viewing pleasure.

I'm holding off with the roof panel until the sides are done..Wouldn't want to spoil you now would I.
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    i like it
    proud to be from Belguim ^^

Lightpainting and hardware are my life!

Xtreme Member
    I love builds like this with a lot of color.

Glad you folks like it.

I was a bit dubious on the colour to start with when I was thinkign of colours to use, but once I picked up the spray can and sprayed a test peice I was hooked
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    the Res on the right side of case is it visible with the side cover on ?
    did u cut a hole so u can see it with the side panel in place ?.
    Also was the sleeving on the water hose hard to do with the compressions ?
    like do the compression fitting rip at the sleeving ?
    anyways i love the color scheme.
    awesome build very neat.

Xtreme Member
    that Res is sooo cool

DARK_01 - currently the res is NOT visible, but thats only because I haven't modded either side panel yet. It will be visible when I'm done.
    The tubing braiding was a ball-ache. Even after cutting the braid to size I still ended up having to cut individual bits of braiding to be able to get the compression fittings on just one thread, once they got a grip it was easy. The braiding has twisted a little with the last turn of the fitting but not bad enough to notice, unless your looking for it.

Bill - Yes the res is awesome, turned out just as I wanted.

glad you folks liked it
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    wow that is a bright green
    Intel I7 920 @ 4.3 // ASUS Rampage III Extreme// 3x2GB Mushkin// Antec TPQ 1200w // Water Cooled

that res is awesome man... good job

You should get the BP kit for the pump.. a good compliment for the matte black fittings.

Duke - It sure is

Batiatus - Cheers I'm toying with the idea, but I may just paint the rest of the pump, or peel the label off haha.

It's too cold for modding in the garage right now, so I've spent a little time overclocking the Q9450.

Stock was 2.66Ghz. I've stuck a modest overclock on it for now, although I may push it a little further. It would be nice to have it at 3.6Ghz as I had the Q6600 if not more, but for now it will be fine. Got my RAM at 1066mhz too which is all fine and dandy although I've not overclocked the 275GTX yet, it's on my to do list.

Checked the Temps with HWMonitor

Idle -
    CPU - 18C - 22C (across 4 cores)
    GPU - 39C

Full load - 2x Orthos + Furmark for 30mins
    CPU - 35C - 42C
    GPU - 45C

Not bad if I do say so myself. Although that is with both side panels off (as they are still in the garage..brrrrrrr). Even with them on I can't see it being a problem tho.
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigr1982 View Post
    DARK_01 - currently the res is NOT visible, but thats only because I haven't modded either side panel yet. It will be visible when I'm done.
    The tubing braiding was a ball-ache. Even after cutting the braid to size I still ended up having to cut individual bits of braiding to be able to get the compression fittings on just one thread, once they got a grip it was easy. The braiding has twisted a little with the last turn of the fitting but not bad enough to notice, unless your looking for it.

Bill - Yes the res is awesome, turned out just as I wanted.

glad you folks liked it
    Nice cant wait to see it all done, top job.

I can't believe how long it's been since I was here. Work has really taken it's toll on me..

I'll have a small update up in the next few days but in the meantime.

I've been featured on another blog site by Ron Leec (doing the Biohazard Scratchbuild)

http://www.bluehorsestudios.blogspot.com/

Woot !
    Craig

So another new update based solely on the side panels. It's a bit shorter than my usual videos, but then most of it is covering old ground, cutting and painting etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcGaS0JObLc

Now that the side panels are finished I just need to get some good photos of it completed and running.

With the weather closing in it makes it difficult to take photos outside and I don't really have the space for a full on photo booth in the house..

Have to see how it comes out.
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    That window panel turned out nice, looking forward to seeing this together

COMPLETED!!

Yes it's done, and here are the photos to prove it

Also a video showing the case "in the flesh" so to speak. Don't forget it's available in 720p as with all the other worklog videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Wx77npSMg

Here are the specs.

Toxicity -
    Asus P5KE-WiFi
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.52Ghz
    XFX GTX275
    4Gb Kingston 1066 DDR2
    60Gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
    2x 1Tb HDD
    G15 Keyboard
    G9x Laser Mouse

Watercooled with
    D-Tek Fusion V2 block
    EK GTX275 waterblock
    Swiftech MCP655 (Laing D5 Vario)
    Custom Reservoir
    Craig

Good job! Just the right mix of green and black.

cheers bikebuilderdude

in a way I'm glad it's finished so I don't have to do any more video editign for a while..but I know I'm going to miss modding in the garage.

I think having the videos was a success, even if some of the video's were maybe a little long and possibly a little repetitive, but then it was my first go at them so I can live with that.
    Craig

How awesome is this...

Been featured on casemodblog.com

Me = Very happy chappy
    Craig

Xtreme Addict
    Great work on this, that res is very cool and I love the little window for it + the lighting.
    I also really like how you showed the process with videos, and you didn't take it too seriously (I laughed a few times at your commentary).
    I think more people should do that instead of taking 50 pictures of their compression fittings arranged on a white cloth instead of showing the actual work they did.
    "Monolith" - [ Xeon W3540 (4.22) - Rampage 2 Extreme - 12 GB Ripjaws 1600 - GTX 570 - 120 GB OCZ Vertex - Antec TruePower 750W - Corsair 700D - Apogee XT CPU Block - XSPC 360 Rad ]
    Old Box - [ E4600 2.4 @ 3.7ghz (11x335) - P5W-DH - 4gb Gskill @ 893mhz - Radeon 3850 ]

Xtreme Addict
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphex_Tom_9 View Post
    Great work on this, that res is very cool and I love the little window for it + the lighting.
    I also really like how you showed the process with videos, and you didn't take it too seriously (I laughed a few times at your commentary).
    I think more people should do that instead of taking 50 pictures of their compression fittings arranged on a white cloth instead of showing the actual work they did.
    Cheers Tom Yeh you have to have a laugh when your doing these things. Glad you like it...despite me taking a couple of shots of bitspower fittings...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottALot View Post
    Very Nice ! Currently my rig is still DDR2 so I'll have to wait a wee while before I can use them, but if you have some spare I'll take them off your hands
    Craig

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by craigr1982 View Post
    Very Nice ! Currently my rig is still DDR2 so I'll have to wait a wee while before I can use them, but if you have some spare I'll take them off your hands
    I don't have such a luxury, but they're great sticks ... Mushkin is a great manufacturer as it is, and these highly binned sticks must be wonderful!
    Signatures make my posts look huge... but I'm not humble enough to completely remove my signature, so I kept this note explaining it.

Nicely done man The color theme is very consistent, the green came out really good from the black backroud.

The res plus window is the one really trips me out , very creative.. good job
    Intel Core i7 930 @ 4.4GHz | Asus Rampage II Extreme | Corsair 6GB Dominator GT 2000C7 | Corsair SSD F100 | WD Black 1TB X2 in Raid 0 | Asus EAH5850 X2 Crossfire | Corsair CMPSU-1200AX | Corsair Obsidian 800D cwc | Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast