Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project : Toxicity

churchy - I'd forgotten about those slot protector kits completely..I'll look into them.

neon - I could just spray it "by mistake".. hehe, i wonder if I would get away with it
    Craig
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild - Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

Xtreme Guru
    craigr: i liked idea of them because using them is very easy and lets get by without doing anything to make motherboard non RMA returnable/warranty voidable

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great start so far craig
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 4.8GHz
    MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-G1.Sniper M5 MATX 1150
    MEMORY: G.SKILL Trident X 8GB 2400MHz 9-11-11-31 1T
    GPU: 2 x eVGA GTX 780 SC
    SOUND KRK Rokit 5 Limited Edition White Studio Monitors
    SSD: 4 x Samsung 128GB Pro's Raid 0
    PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 1000W
    COOLING: 2 x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 420mm 6 x Swiftech Helix 140mm Fans
    CASE: Lian Li PC-C32B TECH STATION MOD build log coming soon
    MONITOR: ASUS VG278HE Black 27" 149Hz
    O.S: Windows 7 Pro x64

Lovin' the colours

thanks folks, been doing some bitty work which i will show in photos over the next few days and hopefully a video up soon after
    Craig
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild - Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

Only a small update here, sorry folks. The weekend seemed to disappear before my very eyes

Now that the paint has dried on the fans I put clear lacquer on them and now they are very shiny

I still need to braid the cables but thats a task for another day.

In other news I had a small package delivered while away at work...

500 Black Pop Rivets which were actually cheaper than just buying the 80 odd that I need.

Should make the pop rivets blend in rather than having silver.

Thats it for now although I'm still working on my next video which I swear takes longer to edit than actually do.. *sigh*
    Craig

good.. (y)

gentle typhoon ownaa...
    CPU: Q6600 MOBO: Maximus Formula RAM: 4gb VGA: 4850 HDD: C300 64gb TELA: 22" CASE: CM 690II Advanced | PSU: 750z-af
    Steam | Xfire | BFBC2
    www.hallaor.com

So another new video. Really spoiling you this week :P

Braiding
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmE5a4DZl9s

My modding plans for the rooftop have come to a juddering halt as I've ran out of cutoff wheels for my dremel clone and I'm a little puzzled on how to do the next bit. Maybe it will come to me after a drink...or two
    Craig

Just as a mention I was interviewed on TheModBrothers Podcast give it a listen

LINK HERE
    Craig

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice Job Craig, Very Thorough with removing every single rivet. I lol'd at your video, that's a lot of rivets
    Last edited by jasonelmore; 05-23-2010 at 03:15 AM.
    Main Rig
    • Intel Core i7 4790K CPU Stock @ 4.4Ghz
    • Asus Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard
    • 32GB GSKILL Trident X 2400MHZ RAM
    • EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5
    • Corsair TX850W v2 TX Power Supply 70A 12V Rail
    • Swiftech Apex Ultima w/ Apogee Drive II & Dual 120 RAD w/integrated res
    • 2X Seagate 333AS 1TB 7,200 32MB HD's in RAID 0
    • 2X Samsung 830's 128GB in RAID 0
    • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    • Coolermaster HAF-XB
    • Dual Asus ProArt PA248Q 24" IPS LED Monitors
    • Samsung 46" 5600 Series Smart HDTV
    • iPhone 6 Plus 64GB AT&T & Xbox One

UNOFFICIAL Rampage II Extreme Thread

yep it sure was.

Hoping to get another section of the case finished tomoro and then its just the hours of video editing.
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    Very cool build! I'm loving colour scheme.

Cheers V0id
    Craig

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by hallaor View Post
    good.. (y)

gentle typhoon ownaa...
    Let me guess, you are from Finland.
    to the XtremeSystems, but please use only english like rest of us. Or maybe someone is after you with this . Not me, but...

craig1982, that is really nice build. I really like it .
    Phtography equipment for now: Nikon D5000 & 50mm f/1.8G

Thanks Madidas

So it's been a while since I had an update..but fear not my friends I have a shiny new video for you.

Modding The Roof Panel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqEPLfO2y5k

Sorry for the quality of the sketchup section, not sure how to sort that yet. Also the perspex will have designs on not just round holes but it was all I had time to do.

I'm hoping to get the roof modding sorted soon as without it I can't piece the case back together. Without the case being back together I can't finalise the dimensions for the custom res as (like a muppet) I forgot to measure BEFORE I ripped it to bits.

Enjoy and don't forget to comment either here or on the video

PS I will be away for the next week so the project is on hold until I return.
    Craig

So I figured a quick catchup was due. I was hoping to take photos outdoors but it's been raining for ages so I had to make do with what I had.

As you saw I braided an ATX Extension in my earlier video, but I didn't actually take any snaps.

Since then I've braided some more of the PSU.
    Seemed a shame to pull off the black braiding which was on my BeQuiet 850W PSU..

But it looks so much better in green
    As you can see I've also shrunk the leads down to the right size. Who makes these cables which have a massive amount of cable between the SATA leads?

I also braided my PCI-E Power leads in black and green.

I've also mocked up the case ready for riveting but I still have some work to do on that before I'm ready to show

Thanks to my Sponsor MNPCTECH for providing the Sleeving among other things

Last edited by craigr1982; 06-09-2010 at 09:55 AM.
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    Keep up the good work craig Lookin forward to next update.

Xtreme Member
    Good lookin build so far. What type of sleeving is that? The wires are showing right threw the sleeving?
    Last edited by Crazy V; 06-29-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Cheers folks

Crazy V - The Sleeving is from MNPCTECH.com

Work has been mad busy this past week with me installing 11 UPS's and various other items for work. None on the ground floor (naturally) and of course no lift.. My poor back.

Working 8 hours a day with a 4 hour round trip has put Toxicity on the back burner however I did get a bit of time on it before the weekend but not had chance to sort the video out yet.

I'll be sure to post an update soon.
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    Busy = Good

Look forward to seeing more updates when you have time for them.

So no video's as yet but I do have a little bit of a stock pile of footage which I need to "do my thang with" but work is stopping me big time.

However work on the project has not halted I have been busy beavering away on the res which I know everyone seems to want to see happen (myself included). Finally got the concept sorted and sizes finalised etc.

And there we go, there is a hole up in the top corner for a fill port of some kind and the two barbs for the various hoses etc. I plan on bending the lower piece of perspex into shape so I've had an extra couple of those sizes made to allow for error.

After getting that sorted it was time to get it into some kind of pattern to be cut by a laser cutter.

As you can see everything should slot into place allowing it to be rigid without glue so it will add to the strength of the piece and also make glueing things precisely much easier (I hope).

I exported that to DXF using sketchup and sent it away to my friend with a laser cutter.

I'm still waiting on barbs so I can't put the res together until they come in.

I'm GOING to get a video done this week with an update on progress before I go on yet another holiday.
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    Interesting concept with the slots. I would be afraid of slotting (all the way though) a res though, since each slot would be a new potential location for a leak.

Also, are you trimming the piece that has the slots cut into it after ward, or are you saving the overhanging parts as a mounting solution?

I'm confident the glue I'm using will stop any and all leaks however it will be heavily leak tested before it goes ANYWHERE near the case and or computer components.

Well spotted. Indeed the overhang will be the mounting points into the optical bays.
    Craig

Xtreme Design
    You do NOT need to slot your pieces, or use glue! If you use IPS Weld-On 3, the acrylic will literally merge and become one piece. If you glue it, you will have ugly seams and the glue can break down over time.

Buy some IPS solvent and practice up and you can get a seamless fuse.
    -------------------------------
    Not From Concentrate
    All Projects
    Previous Projects:
    S3 Mini ITX Chassis
    The ArK
    Uriel
    Israfel
    Veritas
    Eldritch

I'd love to use Weldon however they wont ship it overseas as Im in the UK.

The stuff I'll be using is similar tho in the way it fuses plastic. as for the slots it makes the res a freestanding item even without glue..
    Craig

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast