Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : Toxicity

Project : Toxicity - Completed! 13/11

UPDATE - 10/5 - Woot Got Sponsored !!!!

Thanks to Bill at MNPCtech.com

I picked up a HAF932 recently for a bargain price so I'll be using that case. It's weird but this will be the first case I have ever modded, having scratchbuilt Monolith all those years ago.

I plan on doing videos as well as some money shots so we will see how a Modding Video Worklog pans out.

The colours will be bright Green and Black. Here's the paint I'll be using for the bright green.

Here's a couple of Sketchup concepts to whet your appetite. Sorry I don't have time to learn any rendering software.

I'll be using Scythe Gentle Typhoons and painting them the lovely green to match. I'll also be braiding my PSU cabling green (not shown) and depending on what I can get watercooling hose wise I'll be looking for green again.

You can see in the 2nd image that I'll be making a custom reservoir for this case and also painting some of the radiator.

The unseen side panel and roof panel are still in the planning stages.

I've done some work already so the next post will just play catch up a little.
    Last edited by craigr1982; 11-13-2010 at 08:36 AM.
    Craig
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild - Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

As I said I've already done some work to the case and here are the worklog videos, the first is in standard quality however all the rest will be at least 720p thanks to a new camcorder

Dismantling the case
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JjGj-JkQdk

De-riveting the case - 720p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV4T1sAAP8M

Painting - 720p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NBmySfJgA

I'll be taking some more photos of the parts when they have dried properly

Also my first set of parcels arrived, some new fans for the case. Scythe Gentle Typhoon (who thought of that name?) 1450rpm.

I decided against doing a video of my opening up a parcel, especially after I found how it had been shipped..Getting into Fort Knox would have been easier. Anyway on to some photos.

These won't be staying stock for long I have a cunning plan

As you can see I'm working with my camera to try and take some more interesting shots of hardware..

There will also be a short video coming soon with regard to the fans
    Craig
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild - Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

Xtreme Cruncher
    what res is that?
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll be making it from Perspex / Acrylic.
    Craig

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ah very nice. I like your ideas and can not wait to see this thing come along.
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Member
    Please please do some tests with that paint before you apply it everywhere. I'd hate it if it turns out bad! Your concept is really neat, especially the little side window. it reminds me of a bubble gum machine

I did do some testing with the paint, heatwise and finish etc.

As I said this is mostly a video worklog so heres the Painting video.

Painting - 720p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NBmySfJgA
    Craig

Xtreme Cruncher
    I love your accent dude lol. I so wish I was from a different country hmmmmm lol

I also love to fart more of a dark blue color when I can.
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

green on black is quickly becoming my favorite color combo. Can't wait to see hot this one turns out.

Xtreme Member
    I can't wait too see how the reservoir turns out.
    Excessive and overwhelming tactical response

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LOL, cool idea there, are you going to put a big Hazmat symbol on the side panel as well? The WC plumbing looks like pipes instead of hoses, would be cool if you made it that way, though a bit trickier getting the lengths right. I wonder if you could even get something that looks like green goo to put on the bottom of the case, like a gel that glows green to look like a bio spill.

You can have my accent :P I hate it lol. But then when you hear your own voice back on anything it always sounds a little weird.

I'm still wondering about the tubing for the water. I have a few ideas toddling round my head so we will have to see what comes out. I'm also working on some kind of symbol for an area of the case yes.

Sponsorship Deliveries

Thanks to Bill at http://www.MNPCtech.com for sponsoring this mod.

It arrived today, talk about fast delivery Enough talking, lets see what it is.

Rubber U-Channel

A UV Green sleeving kit

Some black thumbscrews

AND
    An awesome wall poster!

Glossy finish and all my favourite builds on it. I love it.. Thanks Bill
    Last edited by craigr1982; 05-10-2010 at 08:08 AM.
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    are you planning on cutting part of the DVD cage for your res?

you may also want to make sure your res is far back a bit so that when you put the side panel back on the res is not in the way. the HAF has these "lips" on the front that kinda locks the panel then you can swing and shut it

i cant wait to see how it turns out! keep it updated

edit: Nice video log!
    Last edited by evoted; 05-10-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    Cooler Master HAF 932
    Intel i5 750 @ 3.8Ghz LC Fuzion V2
    ASUS P7P55D Pro
    2GBx2 GSKILL F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH
    eVGA GTX 470 SC Koolance Full Cover
    Corsair VX 550
    Dell 2209WA & 2709W
    Razer Lycosa & Cooperhead

Cheers

I plan on using the optical mounting points as the mounts for the res. I ned to double check the clearance needed on the door "lips" however I forgot to check before I stripped the case...DOH!

This does mean the res will be one of the things to be done later in the worklog, but hey gotta keep you interested somehow.
    Craig

So another update, including some money shots of my green spray painting adventures

After a couple of coats of primer, green and some clear lacquer here's how the case internals turned out.

As you can see it I can't get any closer with the braiding

Also I have a new video up now too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vLTz9UhN1w

I still have some more painting of the case to do but first I need to get my jigsaw out and start hacking away at some panels.
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    Wow, that color is very bright and a good match to the sleeving.
    Gaming Box

Ryzen R7 1700X * ASUS PRIME X370-Pro * 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 * XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB * Corsair HX620 * 250GB Crucial BX100 * 1TB Seagate 7200.11

EK Supremacy MX * Swiftech MCR320 * 3x Fractal Venture HP-12 * EK D5 PWM

yeh its pretty close. Now I best get back to modding
    Craig

Xtreme Member
    Those color match up perfectly craig!

Xtreme Member
    It looks awesome, props to you for bringing back fluo, with CLASS!

hehe thanks guys. i had the rest of this week all planned out modding wise and then i got called in to work for 2 days which has really thrown me.

next update will probably monday now

as for the videos, anything youd like to see or any suggestions to improve them etc?
    Last edited by craigr1982; 05-13-2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Craig

Xtreme Cruncher
    Excellent color match!!
    My Rig
    Case: Corsair Air240
    PSU: Corsair AX860i
    MB: Asus Z270G Strix
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K w/Corsair H100i v2
    RAM: 64GB (4 x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    SSD: 2 x Samsung 960 Pro - Raid 0

Xtreme Member
    Too bad you couldn't easily remove parts of motherboards to paint/dye, such as the pci slots and ram slots... Unless you planning on buying a black/green mobo.

neonblingbling - as tempting as that sounds I dont think my wallet / better half would agree on a new motherboard, especially as I'd want an i7 board and then all the rest of the gear to go with it..
    Craig

Xtreme Guru
    IIRC one can purchase some colored anti-dust protective slot caps .. maybe they can solve partially right colored slot problem?
    I mean like this or this ..

Xtreme Member
    Well, it sounds like you may have to resort to painting your current motherboard. Let's just hope no 'mistakes' happen now, because it would be absolutely terrible if you had to replace it...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast